Garrison vanishing at home city

Users who are viewing this thread

EzKarn

Recruit
So I took over a city and started my own nation. I keep placing a nice Garrison at that main city and they keep vanishing Despite not being attacked.

Very weird issue and there is no assigned Govenor so its not that they are getting rid of the troops.

Any ideas?

Please note this is only happening at the original city I took Myzea no other city has had random vanishings of troops.

it could be that not sure how to fix it so the city has a solid food supply though
First, invest some money in the reserve. This will significantly improve the construction time. Secondly, make sure that the Grain Storage option is pumped to level 3. Third, select the “Daily Watering” option. This is what the residents of the settlement will do if the remaining tasks are completed.
This has worked pretty well for me. Other than that,I wouldn't know what else to suggest.

Ok so after some testing a started to understand a little how it works.
1. Right after taking a city holding a garrison is risky cause of starvation. Unfortunately you need to wait until the city balances food supply.
2. Make sure that all villages connected are not raided
3. All closest castles (and villages attached) must be in possession of your faction cause villagers sell food in closest city (neutral or ally)
4. All closest neutral and ally villages must not be raided
5. You need to ensure there are no problems with flow of caravans

In this setting I was able to keep 150 vet garrison in Myzea (not sure I wrote it correctly) with 5500 prosperity, full granary and food on +

Oh i have had this city for a very long time and it is stable though i think i spent a lot of money buying all the food for my rather sizeable army and having a garrison of over 200 troops on top of the 300 troop militia and the food all being bought to serve my attack army they all starved .. last i checked the stockpile of food was 200 and they were -3 food even with all the bonus and no garrison to speak of. I sold them about 1000 grain so well see if that fixes everything or not.

It always fluctuates.

Right now because village improvements don't exist, without micro managing your town, a garrison of even 200 will destroy your food overtime. All it takes is one village party to not arrive in town by the next cycle.

its needed to maintain good balance with current level of food constructions and garrison size. Peace time, allways garrisons amount so that, you get at least +1 food, if none of food constructions is done, you cant maintain garrison pretty much anything. Wars will destroy your economy, as enemy raid your villages and kill your caravans and civs, so food production comes crashing down and so will your garrisons. In your city you can help it by selling yourself huge amount of food there. Its pretty unbalanced at the moment

Last edited:
its needed to maintain good balance with current level of food constructions and garrison size. Peace time, allways garrisons amount so that, you get at least +1 food, if none of food constructions is done, you cant maintain garrison pretty much anything. Wars will destroy your economy, as enemy raid your villages and kill your caravans and civs, so food production comes crashing down and so will your garrisons. In your city you can help it by selling yourself huge amount of food there. Its pretty unbalanced at the moment
The City in question is completely maxed out.

Back
Top Bottom