Garrison of granted fief

Users who are viewing this thread

Bicimeme

Veteran
What happens to the garrison of a fief I grant to a vassal clan?
On a previous version of the game (1.7?) the high tier garrison of a castle I granted to a vassal clan seemed to simply disapear.
One would presume those troops would either stay in the garrison or be found in the army or the vassal the fief was given to.
It may be that once a fief is granted, the existing garrison is replaced by a random standard garrison for the faction?
Did anyone experienced this issue?

What happens to the garrison of a fief I grant to a vassal clan?
On a previous version of the game (1.7?) the high tier garrison of a castle I granted to a vassal clan seemed to simply disapear.
One would presume those troops would either stay in the garrison or be found in the army or the vassal the fief was given to.
It may be that once a fief is granted, the existing garrison is replaced by a random standard garrison for the faction?
Did anyone experienced this issue?
They stay, but NPCs are very bad at managing their money in the game.

So, you grant them a fief and they will mostly likely set a low wage limit on their garrison, so the troops desert and this should be fixed by the devs, any troop donated by the liege, should stay and vassals should not be able to lower the wage limit under the wage of the liege troops.
Vassals are a Vassals, they have very little influence.

If you put too many in they will toss them out (remotely I think) to save money, they can also take them out to make parties. Put like 50 for a castle and 100 in a town (or none and let the AI deal with it :cool: ), garrisons are not going to scare off AI armies so there's no point putting more then just enough for a little +security.

Back
Top Bottom