garrison disappearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Warlord-616x

Recruit
hey fellas, in a previous game i had played i had noticed garrison troops you leave would disappear or get turned to peasants and was just wondering if this was still the case or if anyone had a better place i could stash some of my elite troops while on the hunt for more.

ive been using my prisoners as a recruiting system which seems pretty nice to supplement your more experienced troops but ya i have too many of them now lol

hey fellas, in a previous game i had played i had noticed garrison troops you leave would disappear or get turned to peasants and was just wondering if this was still the case or if anyone had a better place i could stash some of my elite troops while on the hunt for more.

ive been using my prisoners as a recruiting system which seems pretty nice to supplement your more experienced troops but ya i have too many of them now lol

It is an issue where a villager party is kept from its village for too long. It eventually heads to a castle and becomes part of the garrison. At the same time, garrison troops can die off due to starvation.

Yep, it still happens to an extent. This is/was caused by villager parties disbanding after getting lost. You can read this to learn a bit more about what's happening. If a villager party has not returned after 7 days it gets disbanded and a new party spawns to take its place. The disbanded villagers then go to a nearby settlement and merge with the garrison.

The caveat though, is that villager parties don't get nearly as big now as they used to, so unless your garrison is absolutely filled to the brim, it shouldn't cause as much desertion (or starvation) anymore.

Edit: Beat me to it ^ haha

Last edited:
okay good to know thanks fellas. are my clan members able to access garrison troops? saw in a previous patch this might have been the case and was wondering if it might not have been part of the problem in the past

Last edited:
It is an issue where a villager party is kept from its village for too long. It eventually heads to a castle and becomes part of the garrison.

I returned to a long neglected castle of mine to find 800 peasants in the garrison. I was not amused. I had a mod that prevented garrison starvation and that was why they built up like that. I don't care what the peasant do, but becoming part of the garrison should not be an option for them.

Back
Top Bottom