Gargantuan fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Logan_

Regular
Gameplay points aside, here is the info contained on the right hand side of the WFAS Steam page:

"World: It was one the most romantic, cruel and dramatic episode of the Europe history*episodes of European history*. The game are *is*composed of*features* distinct political forces:*The* Tsardom of Russia, Sweden, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Rzeczpospolita), Cossack Ukraine and the Crimean Khanate. The entire game world where the main action takes place is divided between these pow..."

Which is a fail of basic English grammar. Here are some more:

"battling fractions*Factions*"

"bring his fraction *faction*to dominate Europe"

"player *Players*can switch to sand-box or to story mod mode*at any point."

The following passage reads like it just passed through the Google translation feature, and is plain stupid. Why are other games being mentioned after it is stated not many games represent the period? Furthermore, what the hell is an "ill-wisher" ?

"17th century is barely represented by other games and is usually passed over. On the other hand, a positive example of successful products on this subject are Cossacks: European Wars, Corsairs and Sid Meier's Pirates!, which proved the audience’s interest in this period. Moreover, this game will allow history-lovers and/or ill-wishers to accomplish what they have dreamt of, but could not undertake under the present circumstances."

" or build *The*Swedish Kingdom"

This is only after a quick scan, there are many more massive grammar and spelling errors. I find it hard to put trust in, and purchase a game, which is developed by illiterate 5 year olds who can't be bothered to put the effort into translating thier marketing spiel into English. How does one know the in game translation is any better?

So don't buy it, I'm pretty srue the devs aren't going to notice one less sale. Also, on a side note, the first paragraph is fine without your alterations.

Sushiman said:
So don't buy it, I'm pretty srue the devs aren't going to notice one less sale. Also, on a side note, the first paragraph is fine without your alterations.

I won't buy it, don't be a fanboy. That first paragraph is not correct. I'm "srue" of it.

"dramatic episode of the Europe history"

"The game are"

Is* should replace are*. Using 'are' would be appropriate in the following:

'They are'

'Those are'

'Are refers to a plural, one game isn't a plural.

Furthermore 'The Europe history' is akin to saying somthing like; 'The Asia history, The Russia history, or The Universe history' As opposed to Asia's history/Asian history, Russia's history/Russian history etc.

_Logan_ said:
Gameplay points aside, here is the info contained on the right hand side of the WFAS Steam page:

"World: It was one the most romantic, cruel and dramatic episode of the Europe history*episodes of European history*. The game are *is*composed of*features* distinct political forces:*The* Tsardom of Russia, Sweden, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Rzeczpospolita), Cossack Ukraine and the Crimean Khanate. The entire game world where the main action takes place is divided between these pow..."

Which is a fail of basic English grammar. Here are some more:

"battling fractions*Factions*"

"bring his fraction *faction*to dominate Europe"

"player *Players*can switch to sand-box or to story mod mode*at any point."

The following passage reads like it just passed through the Google translation feature, and is plain stupid. Why are other games being mentioned after it is stated not many games represent the period? Furthermore, what the hell is an "ill-wisher" ?

"17th century is barely represented by other games and is usually passed over. On the other hand, a positive example of successful products on this subject are Cossacks: European Wars, Corsairs and Sid Meier's Pirates!, which proved the audience’s interest in this period. Moreover, this game will allow history-lovers and/or ill-wishers to accomplish what they have dreamt of, but could not undertake under the present circumstances."

" or build *The*Swedish Kingdom"

This is only after a quick scan, there are many more massive grammar and spelling errors. I find it hard to put trust in, and purchase a game, which is developed by illiterate 5 year olds who can't be bothered to put the effort into translating thier marketing spiel into English. How does one know the in game translation is any better?
That's the work of publisher, Paradox and not the developers.

If you won't buy it why bother posting anyways?

You could have at least tried.

Let me teach you how to do it.
Steps of typing a proper post which contains an opinion about the game:
1.Search for previews.
2.Carefuly take note of the feautures.
3.Make comparisons with other games from the series/other game titles.
4.Express your opinion in a civilised way with proper posts. That way you will receive positive feedback.
5.?????
6.Profit?

I find it hard to put trust in, and purchase a game, which is developed by illiterate 5 year olds who can't be bothered to put the effort into translating thier marketing spiel into English.
*cough* *cough*
Oh the tragic irony.
Go create a game from scratch and go learn proper English. Then come back and talk again.
Now **** off.

This is incorrect, as it would read "The game is features."

-The is was in correction of the 'are', I wasn't suggesting it should still be in the sentance.

theAthenian said:

This forum isn't a haven for pure praise.

theAthenian said:
Oh the tragic irony.
Go create a game from scratch and go learn proper English. Then come back and talk again.
Now **** off.

I made two mistakes, posting in an internet forum. This does not bother me, for I am not a grammar Nazi, and I do not have to live up to any standards. I am not selling a game to thousands of people, who justifiably want it to be coherently translated. The point is, if the marketing is so bad, how does one know the in game translation is any better, if not worse?

No, I will not **** off. It is common knowledge swearing is used in place of being able to muster the vocabulary to describe something, so maybe you should learn proper English? Oh, and i'm not talking, i'm typing.

_Logan_ said:
I am not a grammar Nazi

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Your thread undermines your statement.

_Logan_ said:
This is incorrect, as it would read "The game is features."

-The is was in correction of the 'are', I wasn't suggesting it should still be in the sentance.

theAthenian said:

This forum isn't a haven for pure praise.

theAthenian said:
Oh the tragic irony.
Now **** off.

I made two mistakes, posting in an internet forum. This does not bother me, for I am not a grammar Nazi, and I do not have to live up to any standards. I am not selling a game to thousands of people, who justifiably want it to be coherently translated. The point is, if the marketing is so bad, how does one know the in game translation is any better, if not worse?

No, I will not **** off. It is common knowledge swearing is used in place of being able to muster the vocabulary to describe something, so maybe you should learn proper English? Oh, and i'm not talking, i'm typing.

The game sucks, my grammar is terrible and no one here gives a **** about anything you say.
Enjoy your stay on the forums! I am sure you will be liked.

Those marketing the game and those who wrote the dialogue in the game are not necessarily the same.
Relax and see how it looks.
Of course they should be attentive to spelling and grammar as it looks more 'professional', but lets not blow it out of proportion.
The important thing is what the game is like, less important is how its marketed (from a player's point of view).

Sushiman said:
_Logan_ said:
I am not a grammar Nazi

Your thread undermines your statement.

No, it does not. I do not care for day to day grammar and/or spelling. However, when a developer cannot spell, for a product they are selling in return for money, it is a different matter.

Adorno said:
Those marketing the game and those who wrote the dialogue in the game are not necessarily the same.
Relax and see how it looks.
Of course they should be attentive to spelling and grammar as it looks more 'professional', but lets not blow it out of proportion.
The important thing is what the game is like, less important is how its marketed (from a player's point of view).

Yet, you cannot form a reputable brand on such errors. I wan't Taleworlds, and by extension, this other developer to be profitable, and this is counterproductive to that end, which is why I brought it up, not to singlehandidly destroy the M+B fanbase.

The game sucks, my grammar is terrible and no one here gives a **** about anything you say.
Enjoy your stay on the forums! I am sure you will be liked.

I don't live to appeal to online fan boys. I am bringing glaring errors to the attention of the people who can fix them, and should fix them.

_Logan_ said:
No, it does not. I do not care for day to day grammar and/or spelling. However, when a developer cannot spell, for a product they are selling in return for money, it is a different matter.
It's not the developer who translates it and sells it. The text that developers wrote didn't have spelling mistakes.

Ceriy said:
_Logan_ said:
It's not the developer who translates it and sells it. The text that developers wrote didn't have spelling mistakes.

If that's true, that the game dosen't have mistakes, that waters down the point slightly, although It has put doubt in my mind.

You created a forum profile to ***** about spelling and grammar mistakes?

Pull your head out of your ass and understand that as a whole people are buying the game for its content, not how well the description is written. Perhaps in the perfect world everyone can speak and write perfect english. Unfortunately (or fortunately, screw English) that is not the case.

So I propose, instead of calling productive members of the community "Fanboys" and *****ing about a few grammatical discrepancies you present your ideas and opinions in a helpful and constructive manner.

Or you can be a prick.

Coy said:

Pull your head out of your ass and understand that as a whole people are buying the game for its content, not how well the description is written. Perhaps in the perfect world everyone can speak and write perfect english. Unfortunately (or fortunately, screw English) that is not the case.

So I propose, instead of calling productive members of the community "Fanboys" and *****ing about a few grammatical discrepancies you present your ideas and opinions in a helpful and constructive manner.

Or you can be a prick.
I totally agree with this girl.
+1

Well, _Logan_, if I may be so bold to point out that those who wrote the text for it probably are not Native English speakers, may I also say that having travelled to foreign countries, I feel stupid for not being able to learn their language with proficiency.

It is difficult.
I don't harbour so much dislike as I did when I first came to the forum as compared to now, about poor English grammar. Why? Because I learned that most of the time this wasn't caused by inattentiveness to posts(though this is present), it was because they had to learn our language which is complex even among European languages.

I learned because I experienced what it was to be a foreigner in a Native's land.
I was around French, Spanish, Italians, Swiss. All I could say was Merci-Boucoup. IF that's even spelled correctly.

Nobody likes a masochistic Angle who flaunts his vast wealth of his own language around. If you must say to a foreigner that they should learn your language, say it when you've learned theirs.

Coy said:

Or you can be a prick.

Excuse my use of ad hominems. However, you are an ugly ass mother****er.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom