Gangs Of Glasgow -Massive Slash (RELEASED JUNE 29, 09 - New Video Pg.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thor Head said:
present day Scotland seems like a frightening and horrible place.  Whatever happened to tossing the caber, bonnie lassies dancing the Highland Fling and bagpipes?

I take it from this that you may be American, Scotland hasn't been like that for a looooooooooooooooooooong time. Generally, if you don't bother the frightening and horrible people, they won't bother you

Also your mdern ned dosn't wear Lacoste or burberry, he favours this type of thing. http://jdsports.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10551_12210_171566_-1_

people are to obese in Scotland now eating fried mars bars to be that gangester, now before i get flammed there is a high obesity rate in Scotland which was mentioned in several papers and on the news. but yes things aren't great in the UK there been an increase in knife crime and anti social behaviour and gang culture. but thankfully the police are being given tasers to give to all police officers in the UK meaning it hopefully should decrease. but i personally think with the global rescission happing and many major UK banks and shops already closing down or closed. its only going to increase.

Great idea for a mod! The download's finished, and I'm looking forward to playing it :smile:

phillo99 said:
Can someone tell me how to install this? When I download, the file is .7z and I don't know what to do with it.

If you download 7zip, you can unzip it as normal, as the man said.  Then just put the whole folder inside your Mount and Blade modules folder.  Have fun.

Thor Head said: "I found a clip of that Kenny guy on Youtube.  Is this stuff on TV?  On a show aimed at kids?

No offense intended, but present day Scotland seems like a frightening and horrible place.  Whatever happened to tossing the caber, bonnie lassies dancing the Highland Fling and bagpipes?"

They still toss the caber in the Highands, and it's still beautiful up there - the islands as well.  It's bloody cold, though.  I don't want to make Glasgow look bad - the Mod only shows one side of the place, and hopefully I'm not glamourising gang violence because it's made kind of clear that everyone involved is an idiot (even the player character, to an extent).  I feel sorry for the guys who do have grow up in the worst bits - some of which have lower life expectancy rates than modern Iraq (dead by forty-two, on average, for men) - but I've exagerrated it a lot in the game for comedy value.

Kenny's an exaggerated character too, and thankfully the show isn't aimed at kids!  :grin:

Saying that, I find most kids' shows nowadays creepier and scarier than anything Kenny does.

Don't let me put anyone off visitting Glasgow - the chances of running into fifteen gangs of armed junkies on one street is pretty low in real life!

@ Caladrian: I hope to add in a Goth faction and a Student faction at some point, so the player doesn't have to be a Ned. 

I'll add some things to the OP as well to let folk know what Neds are, and the history of the Glasgow gangs,etc.

For anybody interested in Consolevania, they have a streaming video page where you can watch all the old shows.  I recommend Season Two - especially the XXX episode (adults only again - hilarious reviews of Lula 3D and some wierd Japanese hentai games).

It's CV 2.4 on this page, but the whole series is good if you've time to kill and are interested in older games.
http://cmd-q.com/consolevania/se2.html

Thanks for the encouragement everybody, I might start working on this again now.

But I really, really don't want this to be a Hot Coffee or Oblivion Nude Mod for Mount and Blade!

Instead of armour merchant have "Sports World" instead! Loving the mod especially the streets and stuff which look really cool. Please add more knives and crappy guns and maybe groups of police.

Idea for mod add-on Romford mod! Romford school is so bad they have 10 policemen to patrol the halls and keep order.

No! It has to be sports world! its the only place for cheap chavvy stuff!
http://www.sportsdirect.com/

JJB is a respectable place. Sports World is where all chavs live. Trust me, i live in Chelmsford, essex, home of the chav.

Is this the start of a gang war between the JJB and SportsDirect factions?!  :grin: :grin:

What have I done?!  :oops:

BTW, I meant to say - By visitting The Barras you can collect your dole money (Social Security for our american cousins) and that'll hep you get started with a decent weapon/shield/crew of lads, etc.

It's hard to keep your men alive in the early game, for sure, but if you go round all the pubs and collect about twelve or so men you will have some survivors from fighting Junkies and Wee Neds.  They can then be upgraded (or trained at Kenny's Hoose) until you can fight Hard Men and Psychos - some of their suits can be pretty effective armours, so it's useful to defeat them, but they're not called Psychos for nothing.

The other option for raising a decent gang is slavery - You can recruit people you've captured from the camp menu.  It harms morale, but buying more booze, drugs and pies should sort that out.  Just like real life.

rkid3 said:
JJB is a respectable place. Sports World is where all chavs live. Trust me, i live in Chelmsford, essex, home of the chav.

its nice to hear from somone from essexs and dotn forget all the emos lvie in colchester covere square lol.

Being young and from Scotland, I know that neds actually get stuff from JD Sports. Other suggestion: Make Queen Street a fortress for emos.

Zendarian said:
Being young and from Scotland, I know that neds actually get stuff from JD Sports. Other suggestion: Make Queen Street a fortress for emos.

Nah, that's where the rich charvs get their clothes. The real scregs charvs get their clothes from Sports World and M&M Sports.

i know this sounds daft but why not have a faction of old scottish people who wear kilts who are tired of the yobish behaviour and plan to sort it out themselves.

Being a guy from the U.S., I wanted to know: Do you use Scottish/British curse words only? To Americans they usually sound silly instead of offensive.

Cow said:
Being a guy from the U.S., I wanted to know: Do you use Scottish/British curse words only? To Americans they usually sound silly instead of offensive.

It's because you're not used to them. Not trying to be offensive but certain American accents are unbearable to me, but if I was hearing it all day I'd be used to it. Saying that a lot of accents and ways of speaking get on my tits. Especially people that you can hear their saliva slopping around their mouth as they speak D:

Words like dude, awesome, fag and other American slang/words sound weird where I come from. Suppose when I think about it, a lot of the words we use make no sense, but we're used to using them.

Back
Top Bottom