Resolved Gang Leader Needs Weapons Quest not Removing Weapons from Inventory

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: In the Gang Leader Needs Weapons quest (I think that's the quest title), you are tasked with securing a number of weapons of a certain type to give the the leader. The few times I have done it, I have always been asked to give 15 one-handed axes of any quality. However, when completing the quest, the weapons are still in my inventory, so I get the reward and can sell the weapons right back.
How to Reproduce: Get the quest, buy the cheapest weapons of the type needed, complete the quest, then check your inventory.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Gang Leader Needs Weapons in Husn Fulq for the most recent quest attempt.
Media (Screenshots & Video): none
Version: Beta 1.4.1
Installed community-made modifications: Detailed Character Creator, Improved Granaries.

As a fix to this issue, to make sure that the quest does not accidentally claim a weapon that the player wanted to keep, here are 2 possible solutions:
  1. When completing the quest, open a trade window so the player can give the weapons they want to supply over, instead of the game choosing for the player.
  2. If the game must choose for the player, only choose the cheapest, non-locked weapons in the player's inventory.

Last edited:
As a fix to this issue, to make sure that the quest does not accidentally claim a weapon that the player wanted to keep, here are 2 possible solutions:
  1. When completing the quest, open a trade window so the player can give the weapons they want to supply over, instead of the game choosing for the player.
  2. If the game must choose for the player, only choose the cheapest, non-locked weapons in the player's inventory.

I had an issue where some of the one handed axes I had were the wrong type even though it wasn't supposed to matter. I much rather have this problem lol.

THIS. Good idea and same that came to my mind.

Also, why does this quest ask for "axes" anyway? In the "Rival Gang" quest, nobody's using axes (some troops spawn with full armor, lance and bows even). I'd suggest "light" weapons, that civilian disguises can use.

Heh. Your trouble is "axes". The only times I've even looked at these quests, they've wanted "crossbows" which at least at the time were rare as hen's teeth and expensive as hell.

Back
Top Bottom