Resolved "Gang leader needs weapons" quest consuming wrong weapons - patch 1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Arthstyle

Recruit
The "Gang leader needs weapons" quest seems to so far only ask for one-handed axes - however when i hand in the quest it takes swords/polearms/throwing knives/javelins and even bows and possibly other weapon types from my inventory instead of the actual axes.

I only noticed this after completing at least 20 of these quests and was wondering why random items kept disappearing from my inventory.

Not using any mods.

Yepp, happened to me at least twice.

When i missed some selfmade Javelins (each worth 100000 denars+) for the first time, I allready had a sneaky suspission that this might have been caused by the mentioned quest. But I wasn´t 100% sure, that I didn´t sell them by accident on my own.

Now, it happened a second time and I was lucky to find a savefile where i still possessed the javelins and the quest wasn´t accomplishet yet. I had more then enough one hand axes in my inventory but nonetheless the game decided, that my javelins are an acceptable substitute and gave some of them away.

I knew, the quest don´t work properly, as NO onehand axes at all are ever really removed from your inventory. But now the game occasionally decides to take other, more than a thousand times more expensive, weapons from another cathegory instead, which makes it even more weird.

MEN... that simple "hand in item xy quest" is f*cked up since release and after one year you weren´t able to get it working?!

I uploaded a savefile, where I just left "Varcheg". You may check my inventory, it contains more than 60 onehand axes and 5 sets of selfmade javelins.

Now do, what I did : Travel straight to "Car Banseth" and do the "gangleader needs weapon" quest for Sionna the Mouse. After accomplishing the quest, check my inventory again and marvel at three missing sets of javelins. Wow, that was a good deal... for Sionna the Mouse...

Those missing javelins aren´t a big deal in my savegame at that point, as the javelins themself are pretty broken (way too expensive). BUT I don´t want to lose my mainchars onehand sword or my polearm one day like this, because the threadopener mentioned that even other weapons can vanish. If that happens, I´m really p*ssed.

Last edited:
[...] BUT I don´t want to lose my mainchars onehand sword or my polearm one day like this, because the threadopener mentioned that even other weapons can vanish. If that happens, I´m really p*ssed.
You know what? It allready happened! My onehand sword also was given away. But even earlier... have to search a savefile now, where I still got it.

This is just ridiculous! ?

I´m just glad, I didn´t start to make second weapon-assemblies for my companions yet, like i did for my mainchar. Maybe I can recreate that single masterpiece of a sword. But it could also happen to lose a complete a**load of excellent smithing work without even realising just because of a bugged quest.

Check your codes, guys... for me it looks like momenteraly the quest consumes ANYTHING BUT onehand axes. I really can only shake my head in disbelieve once more, what pile of sloppy work we get patch after patch after patch...

The thing is, you actually won´t start to realize whats happening, until you clean up your inventory a bit. Because of the massive amount of looted weapons you take around with you most of the time, you won´t realize when somethings missing. But when you sell or dump the cheap garbage and only the GOOD STUFF is left in your inventory and THEN you do this quest... THEN it causes some heavy losses. Oh boy

Last edited:
And NOW I´m finally REALLY p*ssed!

Not enough I ran into this bug.

It´s even a well known bug since 1.5.4 (at latest) but marked as resolved in a thread from November 2020 and supposed to be fixed since 1.5.7.

Then why the hell does the admin in this thread just ask for a savefile, without even mentioning that it´s a known issue? I found this thread by using the search function to check if this is a new issue (because i paused from 1.5.3 to 1.5.6).

Why do I even write a whole essay to describe the bug? WHY DO YOU NEED MORE INFO?!

Hi, i think you are talking about this post. You can see it got resolved because there was no answer on the thread. I have found another post about this issue which is still in "need more info" and we are still waiting for an answer for this. If you can share your file i can forward it to the QA team so they can further investigate it.

If you don't want to share your save file, that is totally fine. We ask for the saved files to see other scenarios, to better understand the situation, and speed up the fixing process.

Next time you are about to report a bug, please have a look at our forums first to see if that problem is already reported before. This way we can prevent incidents like multiple reports of the same issue and miscommunication between the users and us, the support team.

Hi, i think you are talking about this post. You can see it got resolved because there was no answer on the thread. I have found another post about this issue which is still in "need more info" and we are still waiting for an answer for this. If you can share your file i can forward it to the QA team so they can further investigate it.

If you don't want to share your save file, that is totally fine. We ask for the saved files to see other scenarios, to better understand the situation, and speed up the fixing process.

Next time you are about to report a bug, please have a look at our forums first to see if that problem is already reported before. This way we can prevent incidents like multiple reports of the same issue and miscommunication between the users and us, the support team.

No, I´m talking about THIS thread.

And as I said, I DID use the search function. Thats how I found the thread we are writing in right now.

Anyway... the problem with the wrong weapons is NOT solved and i sent a savefile. Did you get it?

By the way, you say there was no answer In the thread you linked in your first sentence. That´s not rue. There wasn´t even a request for a savefile in it. Just the two standard copy and past answers "Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting." and "I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!"
So what further answer was needed there?

That other Thread referred to patch 1.5.2 and the one I linked above was about 1.5.4 and BOTH say "Resolved". Then, the patchnotes from 12.01.2020 for Beta e1.5.7 said "Fixed some inventory related problems in the “Gang Leader Needs Weapons” quest." 1.5.7 is main branch in the meantime so one might believe the fix does apply for it also.

But theres nothing fixed, the problem is still there. And in this thread theres not even a hint that this problem is somehow known. It´s dealt like a complete new one.

It´s not the doubleposts that cause "miscommunication" between users and your team. It´s the fact that problems are marked as resolved loooong before theres finally an actual patch and if it´s finally there, sloppy work is too often replaced by even more sloppy work (like HERE for example).
On top of this, the longer someone is active in this forum, the bigger is the suspicion that either devs or mods/admins are just half as familiar with the game like the community is.
And off course you´ll get more doubleposts, when you mark not solved problems as resolved, even when users use the search function! Why should users search for "Resolved"-Threads to avoid doubleposts when they are searching for unsolved problems?^^

Last edited:
I knew of the game's confusion in taking the wrong weapons in the past, but I was surprised it still exists in 1.5.8, main branch. I always play unmodded.

Just before reporting in with the axes in inventory. My weapon list is extensive; it extends above and below this screen. I owe the gang-leader 30 1-handed axes. I will upload the save file I made at this point.
D3npP7L.jpg

What I had left after the gang-leader "helped himself." Curiously, none of the axes are gone. "Yah! - Open larder, take whatcha want!"
E1VKkiH.jpg

I wonder if it has something to do with axes being locked, while offered during the quest, or maybe them being in a stack causes some issues, so the game takes other unstacked items. I will try to test that next time I play!

I think that is a good thought! I see that I had my hatchets locked in the above example. Hey - I still have buyers around. I'll try to remember to unlock and see what they will take.

I wonder if it has something to do with axes being locked, while offered during the quest, or maybe them being in a stack causes some issues, so the game takes other unstacked items. I will try to test that next time I play!
it had nothing to do with it in 1.5.7 at least, I had *hundreds* of unlocked hatchets, and the quest giver would still help himself with outher stuff.
Haven't chanced upon this quest in 1.5.8 yet for some reason.

I have had exactly the same issue happen in 1.5.8 so it's definitely not fixed as of that.

Before and after Gangleader Quest in 1.5.9beta
3gO08S4.png
I did not lock the decaying hatches in the second screen. The quest did that for some reason. They also took less than 55 weapons.

BTW, I tried unlocking all my hatchets and other 1-handed axes. The quest giver swiped two crafted 2-handed swords worth over 62,000 denars in addition to other stuff, anyway. Glad I saved off beforehand.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom