Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Two bugs with this quest:
1. After acquiring the required weapons when I talk to the gang leader again for completion of the quest, along with the quest weapons I lose all my ranged weapons i.e, bows and arrows as well.
2. If I try to give the gang leader crafted weapons then the quest gets completed but the weapons still remain in my inventory, and I still lose my ranged weapons.

How to Reproduce:
1. talk to the gang leader after acquiring the requested weapons and have some bows and arrows in your inventory.
2. accept the quest. craft the required weapons in the smithy. talk to the gang leader to complete the quest and also have some bows and arrows in inventory.

@elysebluemoon : Please add as a probable cause:
- counted number of weapons in quest log is often wrong
- when the counted number is wrong, the weapons cannot be delivered

Here is a 1.5.3 save reproducing the issue: (Dropbox)

Steps to reproduce:
- load game
- check Inventory: 4 One Handed Axes
- check Quests: only 2 One Handed Axes
- talk to Iliset the Viper and try to hand over your 4/4 One Handed Axes
... you cannot.

Note: In this save dialog text from another quest appears, but the same behaviour occurs just as well when no other quests are active (text is then correct, but weapons cannot be handed over nevertheless).

Only when working around this issue have I noticed other weapons (of any type, not only ranged) vanish - the game seems to count/find wrongly and then just removes whatever until it has removed <expected> number of items.

I really wish they would fix this bug, it has been reported few times already. I've been waiting for them to fix it before starting another game, but no dice yet. It first started to be this way in 1.4.2, so it's not a new one. They could make a trade screen just for the quest, so the player could select exactly which weapons to give to the gang leader.

Indeed.

More details: The quest consumes all melee + ranged weapon in order of obtaining.
I had 22 1h axes + 10 more swords + 2 javelins. Quest marked 22/35.
I bought 13 more pickaxes, quest said 35/35, but after I talked to the gang leader I lost 22 1h axes + 10 swords + 2 javelins + 1 pickaxe (i.e. first 35 pieces).

This means that quest checks 1h axes, but then consumes first X weapon pieces of any type.

Uploaded the save file.
This is the latest 1.5.4

This means that quest checks 1h axes, but then consumes first X weapon pieces of any type.

I quess it depends, couple times I crafted some 1h axes, but the quest passed those and took other melee items instead. But last time I played was with 1.5.2

I quess it depends, couple times I crafted some 1h axes, but the quest passed those and took other melee items instead. But last time I played was with 1.5.2
Yes, because those crafted are new. And it starts consuming older ones of any type.

Indeed.

More details: The quest consumes all melee + ranged weapon in order of obtaining.
I had 22 1h axes + 10 more swords + 2 javelins. Quest marked 22/35.
I bought 13 more pickaxes, quest said 35/35, but after I talked to the gang leader I lost 22 1h axes + 10 swords + 2 javelins + 1 pickaxe (i.e. first 35 pieces).

Uploaded the save file.
This is the latest 1.5.4

I can confirm after further testing that the same is happening for me in 1.5.4.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom