Resolved Gang Leader need Weapons bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Fanto

Recruit
1.4.3 beta : The "gang leader need weapons" quest is in big trouble. The quest corrupts new backups while it's active. Corruption ends after the quest is finished. The second big concern is that the leader doesn't take the right weapons. He asks me for 9 one-handed axes, I have 9 one-handed axes in my inventory, but he takes 7 axes and 2 spears that have nothing to do with the quest.

I would like to revive this thread for "Gang Leader Needs Weapons". This is still happening in 1.5.0. I think this was fixed in one of the earlier patches (1.4.2) but it seemed to be broken again.
I have 4 Rusty Hatchets, 3 Rusty Sickles, and 1 Crafted One Handed Axe. But the number of axes (the count) still remained at 4/8.
So I went to buy 4 more normal hatchets and the count became 8/8.

Sickels are still one-handed axes, right? How come they count?
I remember crafted weapons used to count, now they don't.

[1.5.0] Still an issue - requested 40 one-handed axes, but takes first all my other gear in weapons and shields/ranged tab (two-handed swords, one-handed swords, shields, javelin and a bow)

1.5.0 In my experience, if you start the quest with axes in your inventory it counts those axes properly. Any axes that you loot or craft yourself do not get counter, however, if you buy them from a city they will be counted normally. I have also experienced the quest taking some items that are not axes, but I'm not sure if this occurs only if you do not have enough axes or not.

So I just did it in 1.5.1. I bought 20 hand axes for the quest. It didn't say I could complete the quest until I bought these axes, however when I turned the weapons in, instead of taking those, they took all my best swords and lances! Like ones that cost 1500 plus! The quest appears to me to just take all the highest value weapons from your inventory regardless of weapon type. Even my nice recurve bows were taken, yet not one single one handed axe item was missing from my inventory.

Gang leader has been taking wrong items since 1.4.2, 1.5 and still happens in 1.5.1. Previously gang leaders just took too few axes. Last time gang leader asked for 12 one hand axes, I had about 7 sickles etc. from looters, crafted another five. Crafted ones were left, but I lost swords and spears, I think even couple of shields. Similar thing has happened several times.

Easy fix. There are two ways to do this mission where you lose no weapons but get the money:

1. Whatever weapons they ask for, get that type of weapon before accepting the mission. Then accept the mission, immediately talk to them a second time and complete the mission. You also bypass having the guard try to take them from you.

2. Accept the mission and get the weapons. Before returning to the town where the mission is issued, equip some of the weapons so you have less than the number needed to complete the mission in your inventory. The guard won't try to take them from you. Then walk up to the the gang leader that issued the mission, unequip the weapons, and then talk to him/her to complete the mission.

Generally, I just keep a fairly large number of swords and one handed axes in my inventory all the time. That way whenever I see the mission offered, I can accept it and complete it immediately. Since it doesn't take away the weapons if you already had them when you accepted the mission, it's just free money.

Last edited:
Easy fix. There are two ways to do this mission where you lose no weapons but get the money:

1. Whatever weapons they ask for, get that type of weapon before accepting the mission. Then accept the mission, immediately talk to them a second time and complete the mission. You also bypass having the guard try to take them from you.

2. Accept the mission and get the weapons. Before returning to the town where the mission is issued, equip some of the weapons so you have less than the number needed to complete the mission in your inventory. The guard won't try to take them from you. Then walk up to the the gang leader that issued the mission, unequip the weapons, and then talk to him/her to complete the mission.

Generally, I just keep a fairly large number of swords and one handed axes in my inventory all the time. That way whenever I see the mission offered, I can accept it and complete it immediately. Since it doesn't take away the weapons if you already had them when you accepted the mission, it's just free money.

The problem here is that the gang leader can well take weapons that are not the weapons he asks for. If he asks for 10 one handed axes, and I have 11 in my inventory, he will take some of the axes, and also swords, lances, spears whatnot. After one deal I lost all weapons in my inventory, excluding 4 out of 6 axes I had crafted to meet the required number of one handed axes. This has been going on since 1.4.2, wasn't a problem earlier.

The problem here is that the gang leader can well take weapons that are not the weapons he asks for. If he asks for 10 one handed axes, and I have 11 in my inventory, he will take some of the axes, and also swords, lances, spears whatnot. After one deal I lost all weapons in my inventory, excluding 4 out of 6 axes I had crafted to meet the required number of one handed axes. This has been going on since 1.4.2, wasn't a problem earlier.

Does this happen even if you do one of the 2 approaches I pointed out? I've definitely never had all of my weapons disappear doing it that way.

Does this happen even if you do one of the 2 approaches I pointed out? I've definitely never had all of my weapons disappear doing it that way.

Yes, this is what I've been explaining in two posts. I have played the game 700 hours and have done the quest numerous times, so I know it pretty well. I wouldn't be complaining here, if the quest would work as it should. Are you sure you have played the same beta versions I have?

In earlier versions, meaning beta versions before 1.4.2, the gang leaders would often take too few weapons, for example if they wanted 10 swords or 10 axes, they would take only first few weapons of the kind while the rest were left to me in my inventory.

So it didn't exactly work before, but since 1.4.2 the gang leaders have also taken weapons they shouldn't and I'm pretty sure some shields too. They still may leave some of the weapons they should take, but take all other weapons including spears, swords etc.

I am quite careful and observant when managing the inventory, and I tend to check what I'm selling before making the deal, so the chance of me being just confused with keeping up with my inventory is pretty slim considering this has happened to me already several times.

Yes, this is what I've been explaining in two posts. I have played the game 700 hours and have done the quest numerous times, so I know it pretty well. I wouldn't be complaining here, if the quest would work as it should. Are you sure you have played the same beta versions I have?

In earlier versions, meaning beta versions before 1.4.2, the gang leaders would often take too few weapons, for example if they wanted 10 swords or 10 axes, they would take only first few weapons of the kind while the rest were left to me in my inventory.

So it didn't exactly work before, but since 1.4.2 the gang leaders have also taken weapons they shouldn't and I'm pretty sure some shields too. They still may leave some of the weapons they should take, but take all other weapons including spears, swords etc.

I am quite careful and observant when managing the inventory, and I tend to check what I'm selling before making the deal, so the chance of me being just confused with keeping up with my inventory is pretty slim considering this has happened to me already several times.

I started watching my full inventory more closely and I believe I see your point now. I generally never sell weapons (I keep them to melt down or complete the weapons quest), so I didn't notice that other weapons were disappearing instead.

I started watching my full inventory more closely and I believe I see your point now. I generally never sell weapons (I keep them to melt down or complete the weapons quest), so I didn't notice that other weapons were disappearing instead.

It's true you won't generally notice it, if you have a lot of weapons in your inventory, but I tend to smelt or sell the ones I don't need whenever I can. Also sometimes I change own and companion equipment, meaning for cavalry battles I equip lances or spears, and for sieges change to swords again. These are usually the best weapons I have, and sucks to loose them to the quest instead of cheap axes.

Would be cool to have a trade screen in gang leader needs weapons quest, where you could give the exact weapons you want to give.And a separate second inventory inside your inventory, and which wouldn't be used automatically, say you could put there war horses you don't want to give to upgrading cavalry etc.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

I tested the quest on the beta branch (1.5.6) and the problem still persists. The wrong weapons are taken by the gang leader.

Back
Top Bottom