Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

kapko

Recruit
This is something I noticed like 2 months ago, but i did not report it. I thought it would get fixed. I tried to do the quest again now on 1.5.4 without any mods and its still bugged.

Basicaly, what happens is that the gang leader needs, say 8 one handed axes. I bring him 8 one handed axes, but he also takes 8 of my crafted javelins. Each worth over 120k. I did this quest multiple times, sometimes they only took the javelins and left the axes in my inventory and sometimes they took both. So I have no clue how this works. Anyway, they took the very expensive javelins every single time!
Furher test:
I made some very expensive 2-handed swords and got rid of my javelins but they just took the axes as they should. The swords were still in my invetory.

Is this a feature, where they just rob you when you are not paying attention or is this a bug? Please tell me it is a bug.
Thanks.

naah.... sorry but I always delete all saves after I start a new playthrough. And since the 1.5.6 dropped I already started anew twice. I may test it on the new beta though and if it is still buggy then I will upload the save file.

OK, I tested it briefly on 1.5.6.
I had 10 one handed axes (gang leader wanted 10) + 1 iron flyssa and 5 crafted javelins. The gang leader took 9 axes and the flyssa, which is not as bad as if he had taken the javelins but the flyssa was still more expensive then any of the axes that I gave him.
I will add the save file to the link above.

Here are some screenshots I took as evidence:

I just sent a save file in a town with this active quest and random weapon items will be discarded.
I think this bug happens since the beginning. I noticed high valued weapons disappearing and also that this quest never discarded the right number of one handed axes but never made the link.

Now I am sure that this quest takes all kind of weapons, including shields, range and throwing weapons. And requested weapons are always one handed axes instead of various weapon types as intented.

Yeah I encountered this bug in my active playthrough and it made me really sad. I played with sword, shield and two handed axe on a horse. But because I attacked a hideout before I exchanged the two handed axe for my bow and arrows. After I completed the "gang leader needs weapons" quest I noticed that my two handed axe was now gone.

Another thing I noticed is that even when they take the one handed axes, they take the most expensive ones first. It should be the cheapest ones.

So in summary: don't do this quest right now, I might lose my both 20k bow and arrows, which are locked in inventory.

Edit: btw that two-handed axe was also 20k. Frigging robbery.

Aaaaaand in 1.5.7 the fkn gang leaders still help themselves with some of your choice axes instead of taking the cheaper ones… *edit* still taking OTHER TYPES OF WEAPONS, too.
Just make it like the manual labourers quests, where we can chose what we're giving.

*edit* I've been doing a bit of testing, yesterday, by saving just before accepting the quest, in 2 different towns :
_ each gang leader would always chose the same axes at every reload, as far as I could judge
_ they chose different weapons: one would help himself with my 2 best axes and a whole lot of swords, the other only took crap axes.
_ *edit2* a gang leader's behaviour doesn't seem to change with time… (Or at least, not untill the quest isn't available anymore. Went away, did a few other quests, one of which make me return to the fancy weapons snatcher gang leader, who still snatched the fancy weapons. Did that twice in a row)

Last edited:
Hi team!
The same problem makes me nervous in 1.5.8. I've uploaded the save file where you can repeat the bug. there are several swords, maces and polearms in my inventory which disappears after the quest (to bring 33 one-hand axes) done.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom