PC WORKSHOP

Here creates the best computers in Calradia! You can ask for help with any PC related issues, learn about at the new builds and read our articles.

Quick Overview

Category
Miscellaneous
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Gaming Laptops and how to cool them

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah same. The 75 is a 17inch laptop. It also comes with a 512GB Nvme SSD. Fast as lighting but the capacity is horribly inadequate hence me buying a second drive. The model has space for a 2.5 inch drive. The panel is an IPS 120hz refresh rate though.

I don't really get the fuss about 144hz on a gaming laptop. Is there even a noticable difference between a 120hz panel and a 144hz one? :???:

Yeah same. The 75 is a 17inch laptop. It also comes with a 512GB Nvme SSD. Fast as lighting but the capacity is horribly inadequate hence me buying a second drive. The model has space for a 2.5 inch drive. The panel is an IPS 120hz refresh rate though.

I don't really get the fuss about 144hz on a gaming laptop. Is there even a noticable difference between a 120hz panel and a 144hz one? :???:
Then this laptop is even more amazing, I thought it had a diagonal of 15.6
20 mhz doesn't matter

That's what I thought. A 144hz panel isn't worth the extra cost imo. Also yeah as much as I usually dislike gaming laptops, I couldn't handles a 15.6 inch screen. It would be way to small for me :lol:

I should be getting some money sometime in April. I'll buy the laptop then.

It also means I won't be able to play Bannerlord at release. :cry:

Oh well

That's what I thought. A 144hz panel isn't worth the extra cost imo. Also yeah as much as I usually dislike gaming laptops, I couldn't handles a 15.6 inch screen. It would be way to small for me :lol:

I should be getting some money sometime in April. I'll buy the laptop then.

It also means I won't be able to play Bannerlord at release. :cry:

Oh well
Can i help with PC repair?

Thanks buddy but unfortunately my mobo is fried. In Nigeria the power isn't really stable or constant. I have a UPS/voltage stabilizer but it got some sort of fault during a very bad period when the current was varying badly. My mobo and PSU are done lol. I ran some tests on both of them and no bueno.

Buying a new one and transferring my components over seems like a pain and I was looking to upgrade this year anyway.

Right. The difference between the i7 9th gen and 8th gen really isn't much is it? And an RTX card would be much better than the 1660ti. But it's used...

I don't know what to do. :lol:

Okay dude, that's a good point. Although at this point, I may not be able to play the game. Getting a good machine now is getting hard. Hopefully I can tie this up and be able to play at launch.

So I was finally able to get my new PC and it's currently being shipped. However, I won't get it for about another two weeks.

I ended up getting an MSI GE75 Raider, I7-9750H, Nvidia RTX 2070 (not max-q), 144Hz refresh rate, 16gb 2666MHz RAM (dual channel), 1TB NVMe SSD and 1TB HHD. I do have a spare 500GB NVMe SSD so I'll be putting that into the laptop as well. 2.5TBs of space is pretty good!

So it's more expensive than I initially budgeted but I figured that if I really wanted a desktop replacement, I might as well go all out. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll probably under volt the CPU right away cause I expect this beast to generate some heat on heavy loads. But it'll pretty much run anything I want to that's out now and some coming out in the future (Cyberpunk *cough*).

But really I can't wait to finally ****ing play Bannerlord for myself! :lol:

So I was finally able to get my new PC and it's currently being shipped. However, I won't get it for about another two weeks.

I ended up getting an MSI GE75 Raider, I7-9750H, Nvidia RTX 2070 (not max-q), 144Hz refresh rate, 16gb 2666MHz RAM (dual channel), 1TB NVMe SSD and 1TB HHD. I do have a spare 500GB NVMe SSD so I'll be putting that into the laptop as well. 2.5TBs of space is pretty good!

So it's more expensive than I initially budgeted but I figured that if I really wanted a desktop replacement, I might as well go all out. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll probably under volt the CPU right away cause I expect this beast to generate some heat on heavy loads. But it'll pretty much run anything I want to that's out now and some coming out in the future (Cyberpunk *cough*).

But really I can't wait to finally ****ing play Bannerlord for myself! :lol:
Cool laptop! Congratulations on your purchase. Glad you can enjoy Bannerlord with us. I hope in the future to see from you a small report on the performance of your laptop in the game?

Thanks brother
For sure I will. Bannerlord is definitely the first game I'm going to be playing without a doubt. I'll track temps and FPS. I expect them to be pretty high though. I read TW have improved the performance of the game over last couple months.

Thanks brother
For sure I will. Bannerlord is definitely the first game I'm going to be playing without a doubt. I'll track temps and FPS. I expect them to be pretty high though. I read TW have improved the performance of the game over last couple months.
Performance is improving. But the load on the processor in the game is very high.

After nearly a ****ing month, my laptop has finally arrived!! Thank Odin! It looks really good imo:
9vN5Um3.jpg
fRYib5M.jpg

You know what I'm about to do:
x3V287q.jpg

I can finally play this goddamn game for myself!!!

Back
Top Bottom