PC WORKSHOP

Here creates the best computers in Calradia! You can ask for help with any PC related issues, learn about at the new builds and read our articles.

Quick Overview

Category
Miscellaneous
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Gaming Laptops and how to cool them

Users who are viewing this thread

Count Delinard

Lord of Uxkhal
Global Moderator
I'll probably be moving around the world quite a lot during 2020 and I'm considering a new gaming laptop as well as a way to properly cool it..

I've got a laptop I use for work already but it's got a 1050 ti, 12 gb of RAM and an i5 8th gen processor, not enough for BL at max settings.

What do you guys recommend purchasing when it comes to gaming laptops? Any interesting accessories for cooling it as well?

I'll probably be moving around the world quite a lot during 2020 and I'm considering a new gaming laptop as well as a way to properly cool it..

I've got a laptop I use for work already but it's got a 1050 ti, 12 gb of RAM and an i5 8th gen processor, not enough for BL at max settings.

What do you guys recommend purchasing when it comes to gaming laptops? Any interesting accessories for cooling it as well?
Greetings! I will look for something interesting for you. But I need links to your stores where you are ready to purchase a laptop:xf-smile:

Anything on Amazon or Aliexpress will do.

I'll be in Russia and Ukraine for about 4 months, after that I'll be wandering around the Pacific, Europe, Oceania and god knows where else.

I forgot to ask above about the desired screen size. Perhaps you have any selection criteria.

If you succeed, visit the Carpathians and Crimea in Ukraine. Unfortunately, I was only in the Crimea, but I think you will like it in both places.

Last edited:
Laptops with sufficient performance cost from 1200 - 2000 €. Tell me a reasonable price range for you.

Also, given the experience of some people, I can say carrying a 17-inch laptop is not very comfortable. You can go for it - if you already have experience.

Last edited:
Mine is already like that so I should be fine :smile:
can say carrying a 17-inch laptop is not very comfortable. You can go for it - if you already have experience.

1200 - 2000 €. Tell me a reasonable price range for you.

Well it'll depend on whether the extra money is really worth it or not, I don't care about flashy lights, looks or anything like that, just performance at 60 FPS @ 1920 x 1080

Mine is already like that so I should be fine :smile:

Well it'll depend on whether the extra money is really worth it or not, I don't care about flashy lights, looks or anything like that, just performance at 60 FPS @ 1920 x 1080
I found good options in terms of filling. But I have not yet studied their cooling system. This is the most important. Buying an expensive laptop with constant trolling is terrible.

Here are some examples. Unfortunately, I have not looked at Amazon since there are no filters there.

My criteria:
1) Diagonal: 17 - IPS
2) Resolution:1920x1080 -> 1920x1200
3) CPU: Core I7 (6 core) - 9 and 8 series
4) GPU: GTX 1660 6gb, RTX 2070
5) RAM: 16gb
6) SSD 512 - 1024 gb
7) V-sync
:cool: Frequency display panel 120-240 ghz

1) https://m.computeruniverse.net/ru/m...h-gtx-1660ti-6gb-16gb-ram-512gb-nvme-ssd-noos
2) https://m.computeruniverse.net/ru/a...735t-i7-9750h-16gb1tb-ssd-17-fhd-rtx-2070-nos

As I said above, this is just an example. And yet me need to study the cooling system and find the final version on Amazon. Ideally, take a laptop with a video card with 8 GB of video memory. But if you mainly play Bannerlord then 1660 ti or 2060 will be enough for you.

If i may intrude here, you probably know about laptop cooling pads, being a laptop owner already. I don't know how mobile you will be at that period during your travels, but some pads take almost no space, and can be packed together with the laptop itself in it's bag, and for some laptops it's a must have, not for the immediate benefits alone, but benefits in the longterm of your laptop's inner components (i highly suggest to NOT ever use a LAPtop in your lap as a man, since it will meddle with your private parts in the long term as well, the heat and the radiation)
Here's a link of some better cooling pads, you can ignore the RGB flashy ones since it only adds to the price unneccessarily
Best laptop cooling pads 2019

Alright they look rather decent, thanks!

Do you think it'll be cheaper to buy them in Russia?
In our countries, distributors make impossible prices, and the state aggravates everything even more. With the lowest salaries in Europe, we probably have the highest prices -_-. Unless of course in your country, you also do not pay fictitious taxes.

Here is an example in hryvnias, I translated for you. Here the difference is small but usually it is more and you will also encounter bestial attitude.
8934d30066c2d73b92020f60db356484.jpg

076148a845785a801c859943364bd1f8.jpg

If i may intrude here, you probably know about laptop cooling pads, being a laptop owner already. I don't know how mobile you will be at that period during your travels, but some pads take almost no space, and can be packed together with the laptop itself in it's bag, and for some laptops it's a must have, not for the immediate benefits alone, but benefits in the longterm of your laptop's inner components (i highly suggest to NOT ever use a LAPtop in your lap as a man, since it will meddle with your private parts in the long term as well, the heat and the radiation)
Here's a link of some better cooling pads, you can ignore the RGB flashy ones since it only adds to the price unneccessarily
Best laptop cooling pads 2019
I often see on AliExpress, I'm so interested in how effective it is. The ads write fake numbers. - 20 degrees: D
54987450f68d7aeb70a2fd4e6c31b1eb.jpg

This is quite interesting, reverse blower-style cooler . . . I will try that one out if i find it here and isnt expensive. I'm bringing my laptop (some old junk) with me skiing in the first half of march, just to watch netflix in the evenings before bed, but i would like to try that one out if i manage to find it before that!

I still haven’t finished parsing laptops cooling systems. But I looked at the information on cooling devices for laptops and came to the conclusion that they are practically useless. Especially bad is the device I wrote about above.

I really don't like gaming laptops but because of certain circumstances, I need to buy one. I'm thinking of an MSI GF75 with a 1660ti. That ought to tide me over till I can build a new monster rig at the end of the year. Business is struggling at the moment.

I really don't like gaming laptops but because of certain circumstances, I need to buy one. I'm thinking of an MSI GF75 with a 1660ti. That ought to tide me over till I can build a new monster rig at the end of the year. Business is struggling at the moment.
I recently made a selection for Count Delinard. I proceeded from the price / performance ratio. You can look at the link below. I tried to figure out their cooling systems, but I came to the conclusion that they are all noisy and not as efficient as we would like. Perhaps due to energy efficiency cards level 1660 will be a good solution. But if you forget about overheating and noise, I would pay attention to I7 9xxx + 1070, 2070. If that I did not update the prices in the table.

I would probably just buy a 3 or 5 fan cooler so I can game without worrying about overheating. It's worked well for me in the past. But the MSI GF75 works very well cause the price is quite good right now. The i7 9750/gtx 1660ti is $1050 on amazon. I'll buy an extra 8GB of Ram for about $30 and a 2TB Firecuda Hybrid for about $75. A cooler wouldn't be more than $25.

Happy days.

I would probably just buy a 3 or 5 fan cooler so I can game without worrying about overheating. It's worked well for me in the past. But the MSI GF75 works very well cause the price is quite good right now. The i7 9750/gtx 1660ti is $1050 on amazon. I'll buy an extra 8GB of Ram for about $30 and a 2TB Firecuda Hybrid for about $75. A cooler wouldn't be more than $25.

Happy days.
I agree - this is a very attractive offer! But the models I suggested above have a diagonal of 17.3 + ssd + IPS 120 GHz

Back
Top Bottom