Gamescom event is poorly setup and feels half arsed.

Users who are viewing this thread

I appreciate the event and some extra badge variety is also quite nice.
I do agree that an extra leaderboard or something to see your current position in the daily competitions would have been nice to have, but it's honestly not too big of an issue. Maybe next time.

This would have been really cool. Imagine special events like getting the most kills with a particular weapon during a certain time. Or most headshots or something similar. There are really a lot of neat directions you can take events like this. A leaderboard would be epic, even if it’s just hosted on the websight or something instead of in the game itself.

I still don't understand why you guys are thinking we are trying to achieve something with that badge other than it being an event. Why would we choose something 99% of players will immediately ignore because they think they can't do it to make people play the game. I honestly don't understand where this idea is coming from. Please enlighten me.
Once again, I like the idea of having an event, I am just saying there could be more done for the future and not only one time for the gamescom. Badges make people play the game so i am fine with it. The badge idea work because people like unlocking new stuff, but I was saying that more could be done to bring TW closer to the community. For example you guys could be the ones doing CTA like events. The more events the better the game will be because more players will be on.

Its just a fun event that gives you a special reward, dont have to look too much into it.
Seing a leaderboard for the kills thing would be nice, maybe on the taleworld website or something to draw traffic, but still I like the idea and hope to see more like this.

It's funny having a portrait competition when the character faces don't even work in-game. Mine changes to a female face every game i enter even though my character is male.
Yes I am having this issue as well please fix -- I dont know if it is female or if it is simply removing the beard of my character, but either way I consider a man without a beard to be basically a woman anyway so yeah please fix! Sad!

If there are future events, my suggestion would be to not create an event promoting stacks cuz today there are only stacks farming kills with two different manners:
- They make two groups and one group just suicide on one guy to give him kills.
- They take a 6 stack and end up doing 2v6/1v6 because people rq

I get that you tried your best to make the event entertaining, but today's event isn't really fun. I'll play tomorrow when the exploit abusers are gone.
Don't want to accuse anyone but this is probably how it happened for Captain mod as well.

- They make two groups and one group just suicide on one guy to give him kills.

This is pretty easy to check from logs, fyi.
The first version of it was most wins in any mode, any party/solo, 1 for each day.
I discussed with couple other coworkers and we were able to change it to different one each day for 4 days. Encouraging parties today was intentional. I understand that most doesn't like to play against stacks but team play is part of the game. Last two days will be solo only.

This is pretty easy to check from logs, fyi.
The first version of it was most wins in any mode, any party/solo, 1 for each day.
I discussed with couple other coworkers and we were able to change it to different one each day for 4 days. Encouraging parties today was intentional. I understand that most doesn't like to play against stacks but team play is part of the game. Last two days will be solo only.
Isn't it most kills per day?
And how can you check if someone is colluding or not? (real question there) Is it if they always kill the same persons over and over?

As a suggestion for next time, please consider not running these types of events for 24 hours.
Right now we have people doing 24 hour farming sessions to get the rare badges which not everyone has the time to do. No offense to those guys, A for effort, they definitely deserve the badge for the amount of work put in. But I would prefer it if more people had an actual chance to get it. I'd suggest limiting it to 2-3 hours, either per region or maybe try finding something that's at least accessible to EU and NA players. More people would take part and having all of them grouped up in the same few hours would make competition harder and more exciting, IMO.

In the end it seems that for many people everything tries to negatively focus each step that is taken from TW.

Is this a deeply configured event in rankings and rewards? No, obviously they shouldn't be ready yet.

Is it something fun and cool to have reasons to play MP these days? Yes.

The truth is, I'm also looking forward to having strong reasons to play MP for hours and hours, but while we all wait, all these kinds of fun little events are welcome.

As a suggestion for next time, please consider not running these types of events for 24 hours.
Right now we have people doing 24 hour farming sessions to get the rare badges which not everyone has the time to do. No offense to those guys, A for effort, they definitely deserve the badge for the amount of work put in. But I would prefer it if more people had an actual chance to get it. I'd suggest limiting it to 2-3 hours, either per region or maybe try finding something that's at least accessible to EU and NA players. More people would take part and having all of them grouped up in the same few hours would make competition harder and more exciting, IMO.
theres no leaderboard to check etc. its just a fun event to get more people playing, which at least some guys seem to do to grind it. Otherwise the mp will go lower than the critical mass and die out completly. One of the reasons why barely any indie dev company makes mp games.

I'm going to speak for myself:

I waited for this game so long so i'm tryng to have fun from the game i don't care if the event was bad or not or the game has deficiency (It was very fun btw)
I've done 2 events and I helped to 4 and now i'm seeing TW doing an official event that was a very good thing for me and my friends we got motivation for playing more and doing more events.
Before the event i was playing just 1-2 matches per day (which i was playing all night one and half month ago) and with the events me and some of my friends played 24 hour and that was a great adventure for me and my friends we had fun, we had some nice talks
After 24 hour i was kinda curious about did i won or not but if i didn't i wouldn't be that sad because of fun i had.

I don't want to sound like TWs lawyer or something similar.
But they did a great job by doing this and putting effort they are doing the best they can at this situation.
(I'm admitting sometimes i can sound like TW lawyer but thats my country's game hehehe :grin: )

It's nice that they're hosting events and I don't expect much from this one since it was probably set up with little time, but as a general note I'm not a fan of grinding competitions, not everyone can stay up to farm for 24 hours and it's more of a matter of time than skill. Also, having 2 days for parties only and 2 days for solos means that players with parties can compete 4 days, whereas solos only 2, not ideal. Something to keep in mind for the future.

What are badges?

But I do like events, especially ones wear you can participate without having to be the best player out there. I signed up for every cRpg tournament out there even though I knew I was out in the first round.

I guess I better start paying attention if TaleWorlds is going to have events. I mean, someone has to lose.

People complain that they are not doing enough for multiplayer, when they do things for multiplayer people complain.. lol

People complain that they are not doing enough for multiplayer, when they do things for multiplayer people complain.. lol
I mean, I am glad that they are hosting events for multiplayer. I just think they should make the events less grindy (or at least only for a 3 hours period).

Also one suggestion @azakhi would be to link steam achievements (like we had in warband) to badges, so it makes people grind more and at least not everyone will have the same badges. I'd suggest making easier badges to get for each class (do 100 kills as archer/cav/inf, then 500, then 1000, then 5000, etc so people farm for quite some time) and also really special badges (from events, tourneys, map making when tools are out, modders etc)

I mean, I am glad that they are hosting events for multiplayer. I just think they should make the events less grindy (or at least only for a 3 hours period).

Also one suggestion @azakhi would be to link steam achievements (like we had in warband) to badges, so it makes people grind more and at least not everyone will have the same badges. I'd suggest making easier badges to get for each class (do 100 kills as archer/cav/inf, then 500, then 1000, then 5000, etc so people farm for quite some time) and also really special badges (from events, tourneys, map making when tools are out, modders etc)

Steam achievements is something likely we (my team) will look into but currently not priority.
For all the suggestions, @AVRC is the correct person.

Back
Top Bottom