Gamescom 2020 Online Event

Users who are viewing this thread

gamescom2020news.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

It is that time of year again, Gamescom is upon us and we are back to show off some more Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord! However, this year things are markedly different and, unfortunately, we are unable to head out to Cologne and meet with you in person as we had initially hoped.

But, even if we’ve had to drop the portcullis, we still want to reach out to you all to share in this annual event in the TaleWorlds calendar. And so, we have dispatched couriers to our friends overseas and made plans to host a special online event that will take place from Thursday to Sunday!

During the event, participants will be able to compete in a number of daily competitions. These daily events will consist of character portrait competitions and a number of performance-based multiplayer challenges. Additionally, participants will be able to claim and compete for a selection of multiplayer badges during the event. Details about these competitions and information on how to claim the badges can be found in the Gamescom Schedule below and in the Gamescom 2020 FAQ on our website.

On Saturday, we will be hosting a developer and community play session which will give you a chance to play alongside and against members of the TaleWorlds team in a variety of different game modes!

Finally, we will be hosting a Developer Workshop on Friday afternoon to discuss some of the modding tools that we hope to release in the near future. So, if you are interested in learning more about modding in Bannerlord, make sure to make a note of that on your calendar!

For those of you that will be unable to attend the event, have no fear as we will be hosting a number of live streams, featuring special guest hosts, ESO, and HandOfBlood, who will present the streams in both English and German respectively. These streams will cover both singleplayer and multiplayer gameplay, with members of the TaleWorlds team making appearances throughout to discuss various aspects of the game.

But wait, there’s more! Our friends from the Call to Arms group will be celebrating their 4th anniversary this week and, as such, we wanted to thank them for their dedication and hard work in organising and hosting regular multiplayer events for the Mount & Blade community. In recognition of their efforts, we have named a time-limited badge in their honour that will be available throughout the 4-day event. You can find more details on how to join and take part in their events that will be taking place this week over on their Discord server: https://discord.gg/qz9NAwA

SCHEDULE
gamescom2020schedule.png

We look forward to seeing you all over the weekend and wish you the best of luck in the competitions taking place throughout the event. Thank you for reading, and remember: stay safe and keep out of melee range!

Interested in the speech about modding Bannerlord, but I dind't get the multiplayer games thing. Are you talking about online Bannerlord event there?

More badges. Alright, im in.
Addition: I liked the portrait competition. It will be pleasure to see winners' creations. + I'll try to watch Developer Workshop stream.

FAQ
Gamescom2020 27-30 Aug - Developer and Community Playing Session
"
..the streamed events will take place on EU servers.

..the developers will be queuing for a number of different game modes through matchmaking so you just need to be playing matchmaking games to be in with a chance of running into a developer team

Can I re-enter the server during the event if my game crashes?
Yes, if there are any empty slots.
"

Character Portrait Competition
"
Each day's winner will get to see the character they created added to the game.

We’ll have a total of 4 winners and 4 prizes throughout the event.

..we will announce a different theme for submissions

Each competition will start daily at 14:30 CEST when we announce the theme, and it will end at 22:30 CEST. You will need to share a screenshot of your character’s face from the character creation screen on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, (make sure to mention/tag us and use the #ButterlordsWanted) as well as the FaceKey of the character.

On the character customisation screen
press CTRL+C to copy the FaceKey.
CTRL+V to produce the same character.
similar to this:
<BodyProperties version="4" age="30.59" weight="0.5" build="0.5" key="000554088014115353DBA4797AC4586D413A895B76B483CC485CA8453CE9844C01777614077AA687000000000000000000000000000000000000000020E48082" />

How many times can I enter the character portrait competition?
You are allowed to submit one entry per day/theme.

..only theme-based submissions will be eligible to win.
..you must use the Native version of the game for your entry to be eligible
"

Multiplayer Competitions & Badges
Gamescom Champion Badge:
Thursday: Top killer in Captain mode (must queue as a party of two or more players)
Friday: Top killer in Skirmish (must queue as a party of two or more players)
Saturday: Top killer in Captain mode (solo queue)
Sunday: Top killer in Skirmish mode (solo queue)

Gamescom Champion: Awarded to winners of the daily competitions.
Manhunter: Gained by killing someone who has this, or the TaleWorlds developer badge equipped.
Call to Arms: Win any 5 matchmaking games during the Gamescom 2020 event.

Developer Workshop - Stream (28 Aug)
On Friday afternoon we will be hosting a Developer Workshop stream where two of our developers will be discussing the Map Editor tools

Last edited:
About the multiplayer competition its written as following :

"Each day, the player with the top kills in a specific game mode will be awarded the Gamescom Champion Badge."

Top kills in a round, or total kills from 0:00 to 23:59 at that day ?

About the multiplayer competition its written as following :

"Each day, the player with the top kills in a specific game mode will be awarded the Gamescom Champion Badge."

Top kills in a round, or total kills from 0:00 to 23:59 at that day ?
"Friday: Top killer in Skirmish (must queue as a party of two or more players) "

If it counts only for a party queue, I'm assuming this is just one game. I don't think they would make this badge this crazy rare.

"Friday: Top killer in Skirmish (must queue as a party of two or more players) "

If it counts only for a party queue, I'm assuming this is just one game. I don't think they would make this badge this crazy rare.
Well it could easily be cheesed by queueing against each other until Vlandia comes up, then go on to slaughter those peasants -> guaranteed badge :eek:

The kill badges are a cool idea to award the best cav player
EDIT: Cav actually has no chance because they get to many assists. Voulge left spam is too effective.

Last edited:
How about inserting a banner-making contest somewhere in there, no color or layer restrictions, give each day a couple of themes (factions) and then the art team for example chooses the best ones to put in the game instead of the monocolor ones? Giving the makers of the chosen ones "the herald" badge, or something similar.
Just an idea

Back
Top Bottom