Gamescom 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think it says anything about letting the general public play the game, and in the latest blog thread Callum confirmed that only press will have access to the game at Gamescom:

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Holz said:
In which building will you be and will it be available to "normal" visitors or just for journalists like last year? Last year talewords was the reason I went to the gamescom and I was really disappointed when I realised that I should have checked if I had access to the stand. So this time I will ask before I will buy a ticket again. Please give me a quick reply, as there are not many tickets left. Thank you in advance!

We will be in the business area. You won't be able to get access to our booth with a normal ticket, sorry!

Lord Brutus said:
Nowhere have they said there will be anything but talk for the general public, which includes all of us.  No one without press credentials can even approach their booth.  Face reality.

I don't know, but I'd call this foreshadowing. I think there'll be more than talk.

Gamescom is around the corner, and as you may have imagined, we will be there showcasing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. We can’t tell you exactly what we will show just yet, but we can at least confirm that it will be something slightly different from the demo that we took to E3.

I imagine/hope they will upload video(s) immediately after they have presented them at Gamescom, just as they did for E3. I didn't see anyone give them any credit for that, but we didn't have to wait at all before they were up on Youtube with links to these vids on the main site.

I loved the crosshair
Game looks beautiful I liked how they managed to make the commander battles more interesting. AI seems better.
One thing I realized tho when guys were moving their shields up it looked a bit too robotic.
Great work as always.

I really hope they dont only do Matchmaking for this casual gamemode, dont like to play against bots. A classic one life no bots gamemode is what can be competitiv, and thats what i am after.
Other than that the Battanians look amazing :smile:

There's an interview going on right now with gameplay in the background: https://www.twitch.tv/gamestarde

The stream is in german, but the only german going on is the interviewer translating the english to german for some reason.

In the past I think they've used a high powered laptop, but whatever PC they use will probably be more powerful than it needs to be because they can afford something top-notch and want to avoid the risk of any stuttering while showing the game off if they can help it, so I don't think it would be useful to draw sys.req. conclusions from whatever they are using. Besides, the game might not be optimised yet (LODs etc.), making it even less informative of what rig we need.

Remember the modest provisional system requirements on the Steam store page, and the fact that Bannerlord isn't a game with AAA graphics, and they have stated that they aim to increase the battle sizes from Warband without too big a performance hit (blog 8 ). I am certain that it won't require a 1080 (the most powerful gaming GPU on the market) to run well.

they did say sometime fairly recently the game would be more CPU and core intensive than GPU intensive.

So i would expect at 1080p a midrange recent GPU and then good quality multicore CPU /w good RAM and a nice fast SDD will be the best system build for this game to max out graphics. troop counts and to minimize load times.

A higher end GPU will be needed if you want good frame rates on a hi resolution monitor like 4k

The_BlackThorn said:
they did say sometime fairly recently the game would be more CPU and core intensive than GPU intensive.

that seems to be the idea, but in the video we had a moment where the GPU was dying and the CPU was happy.

GPU was the bottleneck
CPU was like 60% iddle

of course they are still a long way from release, and optimization is still a work in progress.

Back
Top Bottom