Games you wish existed

Users who are viewing this thread

Fallout 2 with Diablo action rpg game mechanics.  I suppose tactics managed that to some extent, but 2 had personality, like Myron running away after a scratch and Sulik charging in barely able to survive.  Never turns out that way with all the RTS games I've seen so far.

I've always dreamed of the bastard son resulting from the union between a Mount & Blade and a Total War but taken to the extreme Empire Earth style, that is, through history. From prehistory to the nano-space age.

Another interesting hybrid for me would be Spore (from a more adult point of view) + Concept exploration and technological development in a procedural universe like No man's sky (from a more adult point of view but without going to extremes like what we find in Star Citizen).

I'd love a game like Hearts of Iron IV on a much smaller level, with functioning AI and objectives that don't amount to world conquest to keep it interesting  :neutral:

Something like that, but where you take command of divisions during a major breakthrough or defense on a wider front line rather than hopping armies around to hit other armies. You would start the battle with a set number of troops and not be able to spam tanks unless you requested support from elsewhere.

Orion said:
Story-driven sword & sorcery X-COM-like. Darkest Dungeon is close in party mechanics, mission structure, and general theme, but I prefer the tactical dynamics of 3-space in X-COM. DOS1 & 2 are closer in that respect, but they don't have the punishing brutality of permadeath found in X-COM and their lack of a fairly linear mission structure makes them very prone to cheesing.
Man. Pathfinder, DnD, Fallout, Star Wars, Witcher. Honestly anything would be pretty awesome in an X-COM formula so long as they took the time to polish it.

DOS's cheese is a beautiful thing though.

Crysis 4

or at least a new crytek made single player focused fps game.
Hunt showdown really doesnt attract me with its western+monster hunters+pvp setting.

Already with Crysis 2 I got tired of the concept and didn't finish it.
Still a good game, though.

--------------------

I want an Artist Simulation Game: You play a painter/sculptor, with the goal of selling your works for the highest prices.
There's an art world with other artists, museums, studios, galleries, curators etc.
First you make doodles and exhibit them in small galleries, meeting people. The more philosophical bull**** you can use to describe your works the higher your ranking.
By selling your works to the right people, or just high prices, making friends on FriendGaze, you advance and are invited to more and more well renowned galleries.
Meanwhile, making more and more art. Top tier is like Guggenheim, MOMA, Tate etc.
In the end, if you can't get higher, you must kill yourself, and can then see your reputation after death.

HoJu said:
The Illiad: The fighting game. A fighting game pitting Greek and Trojan heroes in bloody combat, with special attacks including divine interventions and brutal finishers taken from the gory descriptions in the Illiad itself.

I want a mini game where you make page long speeches before engaging in single combat with somebody.

National Founding Figure Respecter said:
HoJu said:
The Illiad: The fighting game. A fighting game pitting Greek and Trojan heroes in bloody combat, with special attacks including divine interventions and brutal finishers taken from the gory descriptions in the Illiad itself.

I want a mini game where you make page long speeches before engaging in single combat with somebody.

Pretty sure the Illiad has the first recorded instance of Teabagging in history as well. Also head-rolling, where that dude chops the other guys head off and bowls into the ranks of the guy's buddies as a giant ****-you. Classic stuff. Trolling at it's finest.

Cult Simulator

First you select the type of cult: one or more gods, sci-fi, fantasy etc. - all with a weird/funny mythology.
The game world is RTS top-down view of a big town.
You live in a small house and go door to door hiring followers.
They move in with you and pay you money while hiring new followers.

The grip is gradually tightened by denying access to phones, TV, Internet, alcohol, partying etc.,
and you make more and more (crazy) rituals (determined by the type of cult) to increase faith.
If the grip is tightened too quickly the folllowers lose faith.
You can hire informers (cost money) to see who has low faith and either expel them (losing followers) or punish them to submission.

You buy larger and larger houses, until you have a big mansion with land around it.
Make followers grow crops, cut down trees, make clothes etc. to become self sustainable.
Hire a militia and build a fence around the property to avoid followers leaving.

If many followers lose faith they can rebel and collapse the cult.

Followers can get married if you make a marriage ritual. Their children will be super-devout.

If very wealthy you can buy a fancy headquarters downtown, buy big cars, private plane etc.
Ironically all that helps the cult get more followers and make them more devout.

And many, many other features...

(I know the game Cultist Simulator but it's a card game and not like this).

Back
Top Bottom