Games you wish existed

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the thread for sharing your ideas and dreams for games that you wish existed, but unfortunately do not. Your lamentations that they don't exist can go here, too. :razz:

Seriously, though, I'm sure everyone has a game or an idea for a game that they wish was around so they could play it. Whether it's a game that some developer was working on before they closed, or an idea for a future iteration of one of today's major franchises, or an idea for a whole new game that you'd love to have but that doesn't exist today, or whatever. Here's the thread for getting it off your chest.

I'll try and post some of my own ideas later, when I'm not in such a hurry. In the meantime, discuss at will. I look forward to reading what folks have to say. (Unless you're here to whine that Bannerlord is dead or doesn't exist, in which case, please turn around and leave.)

There are three continuations that I wish for:
Warlords: Battlecry IV - absolutely amazing mix of RPG and RTS, although, quite frankly, I wouldn't mind new installation in their turn-based series either. Each unit progressed on its own and every single grunt had potential to become unstoppable war machine thanks to retinue system allowing training your troops across the many battles.
Legion II by Slitherine - did the screenshots of their WIP look like Rome: Total War? Yes. But the former installation in the series outclassed the Rome: TW despite looking barely comparable with first Medieval when they came out. Unfortunately, instead of Holy Grail of Slitherine's Total Wars, we received half-assed Legion: Arena which ditches the unique economics and diplomacy of the series in favour of pitted battles. God damn it, Slitherine, I was willing to pay your ridiculously high price for this one thing!
Actually completed Disciples III - I was really skeptic about the third of the series, but it is pretty enjoyable in current state (as long as you don't expect flowers and rainbows out of something that was completed for free - yup, development team finished the remake of original III having no budget left and only promises for fanbase making them carry on), oh if we only had the Mountain Clans making their glorious return! Alas, Disciples II remains best game in the series.

Do not look here said:
Warlords: Battlecry IV - absolutely amazing mix of RPG and RTS, although, quite frankly, I wouldn't mind new installation in their turn-based series either. Each unit progressed on its own and every single grunt had potential to become unstoppable war machine thanks to retinue system allowing training your troops across the many battles.
Yes.

Also, Armored Core installment on the PC. Yeah, I know it will never happen.

I wish there was a game about the Emerald Sword saga, from the Rhapsody albums. Like an action rpg with the soundtrack entire compoused by them and using songs from their albums, that would be cool. Brutal Legends 2 made by Platinum with the love it deserves and without Blackjack the fat, that is all I want

Also a Warhammer Fantasy hack'n slash would be dope

Vampire the Masquerade sequel to Bloodlines. The rights to the series has been far too long in development hell.

A Total War game with the campaign mechanics of Crusader Kings 2 or something of the sort.

A HoM&M game that's not **** and looks nice on top of that, pretty much what 5 was.

Now that I mentioned HoM&M, a new Dark Messiah would be nice.

Other than that Bannerlord, new Berserk game and Dark Souls were dream games come true. :party:

I'd like to see a WWII FPS with good, long single-player, possibly in some less explored area of the war, like the italian campaign. I know MOH Breaktrhough did and Sniper Elite 4 will cover that part of the war, what I'd like is to see something a bit more accurate and authentic. Call of Duty Devil's Brigade would probably not have had the narrative, but surely it would have had the setting.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/2/3445244/call-of-duty-devils-brigade-revealed

Also, a sequel to Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway set in the Bulge, as it was hinted by the end of that game, with Baker going on with his descent into madness. It's almost ten years I've been waiting for it.  :sad:

No One Lives Forever 3. I would give my first born son to have another NOLF.

Warcraft IV.

RPG set in the Victorian era that is not steampunk.

Railroad Tycoon 2 remake.

The Movies 2.

Battleground Europe/WW2 Online 2.0 - still one of the most original/interesting games I've played, so much more compelling than Planetside 1 and 2, the only reason I'm not playing is because development has stalled and the population is dead.

Mechwarrior 5 - an actual proper MechWarrior game, would love to see it focus on a more sim-lite experience, rather than arcade shooting like MWO.

WW2 Flight Sim - a WW2 flight sim to finally replace IL2-1946, please not a Russian developer, focus on large multiplayer battles, good flight models, graphics don't need to be amazing, would prefer a stable game that can support large maps and large numbers of aircraft. Focus on something fun like North Africa/the Mediterranean then branch out from there or do it chronologically.

I'd like to see a single player but expansive, and living, dynamic semi-open world sci fi game similar to Freelancer but more 3D and making areas worth going back to.

Elite: Dangerous seems to have turned out meh and Star Citizen, while it will likely be good, is still largely an online game and far off.

An open world stealth sniper set on a large-ish island with a loose aim to topple the government/kill the bandito cartel or whatever, but with the option to just sit around and make friends and do menial tasks, or topple the regime via subterfuge without ever firing a shot. No levelling up sceeen/tree, no abstract collectibles, no story, permadeath, no mercy for the player.

Also an option to play as an ordinary citizen where you have no combat training at all.

BenKenobi said:
RPG set in the Victorian era that is not steampunk.

Railroad Tycoon 2 remake.

The Movies 2.

{StatementAgreeBoolean = TRUE}

Úlfheðinn said:
Mechwarrior 5 - an actual proper MechWarrior game, would love to see it focus on a more sim-lite experience, rather than arcade shooting like MWO.
Started playing this recently with a Unit called the Golden Foxes, I may not go so far as to call it a simulator but I was actually surprised that it was as in depth as it was. More than I expected for sure.

The experience is a little different from a true Mechwarrior game though, I can't deny that.

Yeah, I mean it's not garbage.  :iamamoron:

Part of the problem is I've been playing since early Beta, so at this point I'm kind of tired of PGI just continually ****ing up on even the most minor/basic of changes/features (blaming IGP doesn't work any more).

Also **** Aust, PM your ingame name, we'll drop some time.

Never heard of the Golden Foxes though, small unit?

Back
Top Bottom