Games similar to Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

I really like the army management sytem that M&B Warband offers, however when i first started playing it i was thinking i'd be able to gather up my army, train each of my units, equip them, go to battle with them to conquer territory for my own country, set up defenses in my castles and towns that i conquered, use them for profits (such as farming training etc), upgrade their defenses, and doing all of this until the entire land shines with my nation's color. However, although i did get some of that, i didn't get enough. Warband fell just short of what I've been trying to find in a "Land Conquerer" type of game.  The game that made this sort of system perfect was Brigandine for the PS1, but that is really old, and nearly no one has even heard of it.
Does anyone know any game that is similar to Warband (or Brigandine if any of you know it by any chance) that focuses a little more on what i described? Or is at least, similar?

smothdude said:
The Total War games, not completely similar and more tactical :wink:

Total Wars are far more realistic and better than M&B games, only drawback is that you don't control a single man. But in general, they are much better. Can't wait for Rome II. :smile:

There is War of the Roses, but it is only for multiplayer and has no single-player gameplay.

There is probably Chivalry or some mod for some game named like that. But it is more fantasy-oriented.

There might be more, although I can't recall them.

The closest I know would be The Elder Scrolls series, except they are all fantasy and stuff.

If you want to play a boring but addictive game then you have Runescape (MMORPG) - I am sick of it but must admit in shame that I played a lot when I was a kid.

Then if you like strategy I would immediately recommend Stronghold Crusader - ooooolllddddd game but still one of my favorites, I think it came out in 2001, I still play it. The sequels were, well to be honest, ****. So this is the best one.

So yeah. Have fun if you play one of the games I mentioned  :mrgreen:

Real Warfare 2: The Northen Crusades is similar enough. It has the same sort of map interface and campaign as Warband but with a more Total War like combat system. You can get it cheap with some other games including the original here.

http://www.bundlestars.com/?dr-red

FabbyTheTeddy said:
@Tracto
The games you suggested have absolutely nothing to do with what i said i was looking for :I

Oh sorry then I must have not fully understood what you are looking for :/

Back
Top Bottom