Gameplay option idea: no protection from friendly fire

Users who are viewing this thread

afaiu friendly fire is severely limited in the game because it can be used as an exploit in some cases. which is understandable.

but i thought it'd be fun to have a mode where all sorts of friendly fire is possible, ranged, melee, thrust, whatever. e.g. if you're just slashing at a crowd with a two hander, you risk decimating your troops. if you dash into the enemy in front of your archers, you risk getting pelted by your own archers.

idk if it'd be possible with the game's Aİ, but just wanted to share the idea as i suppose it'd be fun as an added challenge.

I worry less about the player handling and more about the AI handling it.

If it makes battles easier for the player it ends up not really being an added challenge.

Specific formations and particular troops would benefit far more than others and the player would presumably use those while the AI might end up literally murdering itself.

Seems like it would also be a major nerf to 2H melee with cleave, which don't seem to need a nerf.

Not that I'm against it as an option but I image the results would not be good.

afaiu friendly fire is severely limited in the game because it can be used as an exploit in some cases. which is understandable.

but i thought it'd be fun to have a mode where all sorts of friendly fire is possible, ranged, melee, thrust, whatever. e.g. if you're just slashing at a crowd with a two hander, you risk decimating your troops. if you dash into the enemy in front of your archers, you risk getting pelted by your own archers.

idk if it'd be possible with the game's Aİ, but just wanted to share the idea as i suppose it'd be fun as an added challenge.
there's a mod called drastic battle mod, it enables a few options one of which is friendly fire. it's absurd u don't wanna use it, along with friendly charge... your cavalry will literally destroy itself

I noticed archers dont release arrows if you are in the way, so I thought 'There is friendly fire, but the aim of the AI is good enough that they dont shoot you'

Back
Top Bottom