Gameplay mod Calradia: TOTAL WAR

Users who are viewing this thread

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
Mod Calradia: TOTAL WAR alpha 0.1

Author MAXHARDMAN – RUSSIA – MAGNITOGORSK – 2007 –

Mod concept
Realistic life-simulated game world in the setting of Native. Afterwards it is planned to move the mod to a different concept, out of Native and into early and middle Middle Ages.

ATTENTION ! Modders (and testers :wink: are needed, mainly to create scenes, but most work would be helpful. Any opinions and suggestions are welcomed. And leave the found bugs on this page.
-----------------------------------------
In Calradia it is TOTAL War. War parties are attacking from all sides, they're taking castles, and burning villages; peaceful lands are attacked by infinite raiders. Throughout Calradia, men are beginning to defend their land, organizing into militias, and sending detachments to their lord. On the wild stretches of Calradia merciless bandits and headhunters are destroying the people, and the Dark knight threat is looming.

Will the player be able to change the outcome of the conflict? What will he prefer, joining the hardened inhabitants of snowed over lands - Swadians or the masters of the steppes - Vaegirs? Or will he choose to control Calradia for himself? The choice is yours! And the owners of the deserts - the Khergits or even the Calradians themselves might become your enemies in this epic struggle for survival, in the man-forgotten desert that is WAR!

Storm impregnable castles, wipe out defenseless villages, help your honorable allies, defeat the evil enemy and you will be successful!
--------------------------------------
General Features:

Life–simulated strategic Ai,  Ai strum castles, attack villages , and make many other things. Player may make own kingdom – take enemy castles and villages and grow troops, training troops in own castles.
Main fractions:

Calradia - the people living in central Calradia, rely mainly on mercenaries, otherwise, weak troops.
Swadian - came out of the snowed over provinces, fulfill the knightly codex of honor, numerous and strong infantry.
Vaegir - steppe barbarians, weak infantry, numerous cavalry.
Khergit - desert nomads, weak infantry, numerous cavalry.
Black Khergit - black desert nomads of the middle sands, live close top oasis’s, numerous cavalry.

Lesser fractions:

Manhunters - headhunters who came out of nowhere, they say they take away slaves on big ships to unknown lands.
Bandits - the numerous thieves and bandits have captured several castles, although among them are several knights who have gone on the path of criminality and revolt.
Dark Hunters - mysterious dark knights, they make raids on settlements, and take them away to their castles. Rumors has it that they sacrifice their prisoners to their dark god.
--------------------------------------------------
Settlements:

Village - peasants live in it, and they constitute the militia. Here most of them are born, trained and die. The player can spend the night in an allied village. If it belongs to him then he can garrison troops here, and defend it if he is close to it at the moment of the attack.

Castle - Strong point, prisoner dump, the militia come here. Also this acts as a gathering point for various knight with their households, when they come to serve their lords. Also the militia are trained here. The player can spend the night in an allied castle. If it belongs to him then he can garrison troops here, and defend it if he is close to it at the moment of the attack.
Towns - Here you can hire mercenaries (from the local allied settlement), sell/buy weapons, and begin service for the main fractions.(now only Swadian or Vaegir )
Parties:

Farmers (Peasants) - farmers move from one village to close one.
Militia (Scouts) - militia detachments, they patrol the area, and come back home in the evening. Also if they capture prisoners they return home.
Reinforcement - reinforcements move from the closest settlement to the castle and move prisoners.
Patrol (Raiders) - The detachment comes out of the castle and patrols close to enemy settlements. Also if they capture prisoners they return home.
War Party - The detachment comes out of the castle and attacks the closest enemy settlement, They return home if they capture many prisoners.
Prisoner Train - comes out of the castle if the enemy has captive allies, trades them over (in proportion, depending on level, i.e. 1 knight = 5 militia), then goes into the nearby friendly castle.
Caravan - Comes out of the castle, moves between the fraction's settlements, and if they have prisoners they return home.
Battles:
You can now join any battle, and you will be on the side of those who your relation are better. You can join sieges, from both sides, and defend your castle/village if you're nearby when you attacked.
The sizes of the loot have been changed.(in proportion from enemy and ally troops)
There is now a set chance to flee from the battle: 5%.
New capturer system for player :wink:
Faction relation low if they combat.
In future version:
Bug fixing
Fog of War
Different scenes for all the settlements
More party types
NPCs in Settlements
Economics
Build buildings in settlements
Controlling allied and your own military
Military quests from leaders of allied fractions
The battle AI will be made better.
Special thanks: Morgoth2005 for help in translating this description and all Russian community for moral help and good suggestions.
Armagan for Greatest Game ALL Time Ever :wink:
In mod used scenes by:
Village Scene by: Iberon
Castle Scene by : StormOrjin
LINK https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=453

Installation -
Press on upper button, and take path for game (M&B directory), after down-left button for run install.

RECCOMEND FOR HARDCORE PLAYERS !

ATTENTION ! Game is stack in morning time  for few seconds - scripts spawn in calculated, just wait !
TO ALL : If You like mod, not be too lazy, goto on Repository and will vote in Rating (even for potential ; ) )

Same screens:Strat map
i-72.jpg

Defend castle
i-71.jpg

Attak castle
i-73.jpg

Message to the community about the development of the mod: 

The main thing is that I want to cross the global strategy of the TOTAL WAR series from CA with the combat and RPG sistem of M&B.

In future versions it is planned to make an economy, the AI and the player will get money from taxing the provinces, ransoming prisoners, caravan activity, and building buildings that give money (market, bank, port, etc.). The buildings that have been built will be able to be seen when visiting the settlement. Money will be spent for hiring and the upkeeping of armies, and garrisons, the putting up of buildings that will produce/train different types of soldiers (i.e. militia training camp, archers' firing range, cavalry stables, barracks, etc.). it will be able to build various fortifications, such as fences, walls, towers, moat, etc. Player will be able to give orders to allied armies. Will change the battle AI, the strategic AI should be come much more clever, and will attack, having a strategic reserve and when outnumbering.
Will make a diplomacy -for exemple, if your two enemies don't like you more then self then they will ally against you and make a joint attack on your kingdom.   

So far everything I know how to realise everything that I have listed

Then I need to make a bigger map (so I can get more settlements in)

What I need:
1. time and lots of it
2. your help in testing (just enjoy the game but if you notice a bug - please write in this page !)

If someone knows how to mod - I will take any help - welcome to the team!

If you have content (stuff, scenes, models, icons, whatever) that you want top include in the mod, I will gladly accept help .
Also if you have any ideas for the development of the mod and/or entering content from other mods, please write, I will think about all of them.

Sincerely yours - NIKO aka MAXHARDMEN

Just click on this link  Щелкните здесь для скачивания файла (ссылка активна 12 часов) to start the download.

Couldn't you have used the MB Repository?

also, not to sound mean or anything, but since the text on top was of good grammar:

Special thanks: Morgoth2005 for help in translating this description and all Russian community for moral help and good suggestions.
Armagan for Greatest Game ALL Time Ever :wink: and for key then I pay not right (more then enough  :wink: and for ban me long time ago ,but my suggestion was make in game  :wink:)

Armagan for Greatest Game ever [or all time, it seems wrong to have both, contradicting and redundant and whatnot.]
I did not pay for correctly (I assume) or you can say "I paid more than enough for". (and banned me a long time ago, but my suggestion was placed [put] in-game.)

[/end grammar check]

Though I highly doubt you paid more than enough for your key. This game is worth more than all the money in the world. Don't you dare forget that  :evil:

(IMO anyway. :grin: )

Otherwise, seems like a good MOD, I'll try it myself tomorrow.

This is a highly scripted mod, with twice the triggers in Native. But MAXHARDMAN doesn't speak great English so he will have slight troubles. Therefore I'll try to translate what I can.

Great mod! Good fun finally being able to kill those farmers :twisted:

Only gripes:
-None of the shops have anything for the first 24 hours
-Freezes for about 2 seconds at dawn (although this is probably more M&B's engine's problem)
-Trade cannot be done, as there are only 2 towns that can trade (perhaps, trading with the villages?)

I haven't had anyone attack my castles yet, but I lie in wait for them...

The 2-second freeze is due is due to the fact if the doubled triggers, so instead of slowing down the game, MAXHARDMAN put them together at dawn.

To Tuckles

You English teather a you? Dont worry my russian is terribal like english ! :wink: Becouse im programmer, not linguist ))  I make 70 errors in 2 pages on russian leng(on english too :wink: ), but was on first place in university in math,code and fizics ! :wink:

"Though I highly doubt you paid more than enough for your key. This game is worth more than all the money in the world. Don't you dare forget that  "

You dont understand ( or i dont tell right :wink: ) i pay too match and becouse that i dont have key ! this is fany situation , but Armagam himself(!) help my and send key !

TO ALL SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH FOR EVER !!!

morgoth2005

Yes senks camrad !

Rathyr

dont worry, press on upper button, and take path for game, after down left buttun for run install :wink:

Installation - Just unpack in M&B directory

Ваш английский язык прекрасен, но почему косяк я вхожу в mercahnts и таверны в деревнях?

CXZAR said:
this mod seems great so far, but can you please add a few more weapons and armors???

At the moment it's the scripts that count. The whole point of the mod at the moment is to change the scripts to the Native models. You have been fed too much eye candy.

rmancrusader said:
Ваш английский язык прекрасен, но почему косяк я вхожу в mercahnts и таверны в деревнях?

What do you mean into door?  your Russian, no offence, has a slight grammatical problem.

to rmancrusader
Сцены временны , я там ниче не делал, работают только города. Сцены будут сделаны позже.

Castle scenes and village is temperary, work properly only towns. Scenes for all settelment in next vers.

to D'Sparil

HA HA HA :wink: I think he captured misterius dark knights, you must take dark knight castle quiqly , or they secraface him for Dark God :wink:

to Alec{zacool}

Senks ! Try this one too , i hope you find many new things in game !

MAXHARDMAN said:
to D'Sparil

HA HA HA :wink: I think he captured misterius dark knights, you must take dark knight castle quiqly , or they secraface him for Dark God :wink:

Damn, i bet the dumbass tried to steal a horse from the darkies, baaaaaad idea :lol:

Great mod, keep working on it!

I found this goldmine of a mod earlier today, redownloaded M&B and this mod and imported my main character into Total War. I've been playing for a few hours and it puts a delicious new spin on gameplay. So far, I've betrayed Zendar and the commonfolk by helping the Swadians take over a farmer village. The big sieges are really fun.

Ochen kharasho!

Hey it looks like a good mod but i cant install it when it comes up the installer all im getting is a bunch of ???? and i selected the fodler were it goes to and it was set the the mount and blade modules folder and it installed everything but its not coming up on were you select modules on the first screen :'(
Help me please :grin:

Back
Top Bottom