Gameplay is incredible boring when there is no ongoing wars: Some suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I would really like if they just maybe added some more businesses to buy and work with. Even add missions for owning caravans like befriending a noble to get a discount on a city. Or needing to defeat bandits because the villagers can't get the raw goods to market. Simple things like this to flesh out the world and give buffs if done or negatives.

I find that for the brief moments that I am not at war, I have a to-do list longer than my arm:
  • Track down and relaunch failed trade caravans as well as upgrading their companion leader
  • Upgrade armour for companions who have been managing their own parties
  • Pump money into towns or castles that have been too far away during war to effectively micro-manage - companions always end up focusing on upgrading the wrong things.
And anything else that requires travelling across the map and therefore ignoring enemy movements:
  • Organise marriages for male family members (not giving away my female companions, sorry sister)
  • Quick trips to Vlandia or the Khuzait lands to replenish low stocks of crossbows or horse archers
  • Catching up on trade perks that are untenable to work on during full scale wars (getting to Artisan community/Great investor for passive reputation gain is important, as is insurance plan for cash back on failed caravans if you're into them)
  • Catch up on any town quests that improve town loyalty (hunting poachers for a start)
I find that if I am not back at war sometime during that list, I'm having a good run.

The gameplay loop when there's ongoing wars is solid, Its fun to participate in big battles and sieges (even though siege towers/pathing still are broken AF) and economy wise you are able to sustain your parties/garrisons by winning battles etc.

However, the gameplay loop when there is no ongoing wars is really tedious and also makes party/garrison managment frustrating because you are no longer able to sustain a steady income, which means disbanding tier 5+ troops that you spend a long time training. In terms of gamplay, while some quests can be fun but they also quickly get repetitive. Same can be said for tournaments, while fun once in a while they are practially constantly held and also quickly get repetitive.

Because the game is early access I thought it would be fitting to come with some suggestions that might allviate the tediousness of peacetime gameplay in Bannerlord.

The recent addition of rebellions is a great feature that could be used make peacetime gameplay more interesting. It would be great if rebellions werent just tied to wether or not a city was recently captured but to relationsship between lords and their monach. This would mean that unsatisfied lords might rebel during peace time (maybe even form a coalition with other unsatisfied lords) which could introduce the choice for the player to join and fight for either the kingdom or rebels.

Another thing I thought could be interesting was a more meaningful feif interactions during peacetime were you have to make decisions for your fief and people sorta like this mod(https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2562)

Another possibility off the top of my head, could be an addtion of companion quest/activities during peacetime. Hideout raids with some meaningful backstory (sorta like when you free your brother).

In any case I think peacetime gameplay is pretty lackluster atm and definitely could use some love before release. Feel free to add any suggestions you might have.

I'm glad you linked the Rulership mod because it helps add some life to the empty shells that are your fiefs & villages. And I think that's the main issue during peace time in Bannerlord. Its great that you can take a stroll around the town but what's the point if every single villager literally says the exact same thing & gives you the same 3 or 4 quests? Give me some more interaction with the land that I own, and make my choices not just have short but long term consequences in my playthrough.

I would like deeper options to administrate and build up fiefs.

For non-war combat, that's a bit difficult because of the might of the later player parties. I use Calradia at War (Custom Spawns) and it's dependents Chaotic Calradia and Scum and Villainy (the latter crashes on 1.5.6 currently) which introduce smaller (partly evil) lords and lots of bandits into the game. Playing BL without those mods is such a bland affair, I cannot imagine.

But also with these mods there are only a few evil parties big enough to be worthy adversaries in later game. In my last campaign there was a 390 big invasion party of hardened vikings roaming through Vlandia, for example. Most evil lords usually have between 50 and 200 soldiers.

More games. Chess is so popular, I want chess too. Would be a great challenge, even if the AI would be very strong, I think it's worth it. Also more depth to games, remove difficulty option and give each NPC 1 of 3 or more difficulty levels.. some are worse at the game, some are better.

I use that time to put troops in other AI lord's garrisons because they throw like 10 dudes with pitchforks and a bag of stones in a town on the border with the Khuazits and are all "yeah that's well defended".

I use that time to put troops in other AI lord's garrisons because they throw like 10 dudes with pitchforks and a bag of stones in a town on the border with the Khuazits and are all "yeah that's well defended".

I gave up on that when I noticed that the lords were either taking them for their own parties, or kicking them out for asking too much in wages.

This mod I've been using for the past few days called More Settlement Actions has made the game feel WAAAAY more lively all on its own not just during peacetime, but even during war. Each patch adds more things to do not just in your fiefs but your settlements as well. Ranging from patrolling your towns for bandits, buying slave estates in your settlements to up the production of its respective products or even buying off an enemy soldier during a siege to sabotage siege engines. Just another example how Taleworlds could learn alot from the modding community.

This mod I've been using for the past few days called More Settlement Actions has made the game feel WAAAAY more lively all on its own not just during peacetime, but even during war. Each patch adds more things to do not just in your fiefs but your settlements as well. Ranging from patrolling your towns for bandits, buying slave estates in your settlements to up the production of its respective products or even buying off an enemy soldier during a siege to sabotage siege engines. Just another example how Taleworlds could learn alot from the modding community.

Hey that mod looks great but it doesnt say for what version of Bannerlord its meant for - 1.56?

Back
Top Bottom