Gamepad is just not viable

Users who are viewing this thread

Just have played with the Xbox Series Controller on PC (ver. 1.9.0). Bannerlord with the gamepad has the same problems as Warband.

- sensivity is not smooth
- no aim assist
- some key controls are hidden besides the overcompicated combinations
- unintuitive key bindings

Please, just look how gamepad controls are done in other multiplatform games, as Call of Duty. I have really expected that after the console version of Warband, Taleworlds will improve in better way, but same mistakes and problems, sad.

P.S. Rest in peace all the console players, you have waited 2,5 years to play like this. I am really sorry, but the best way to play Bannerlord is to buy PC and keyboard+mouse.

I know this, because I have also played console version of Warband 😂😂
Me too, it's..... different, but I still completed the map several times. The aim is very different though and I found myself aiming more by moving the horse then the reticle for instance, because it was so clunky. On foot it more like aiming a cannon then a bow.

Just have played with the Xbox Series Controller on PC (ver. 1.9.0). Bannerlord with the gamepad has the same problems as Warband.

- sensivity is not smooth
- no aim assist
- some key controls are hidden besides the overcompicated combinations
- unintuitive key bindings

Please, just look how gamepad controls are done in other multiplatform games, as Call of Duty. I have really expected that after the console version of Warband, Taleworlds will improve in better way, but same mistakes and problems, sad.

P.S. Rest in peace all the console players, you have waited 2,5 years to play like this. I am really sorry, but the best way to play Bannerlord is to buy PC and keyboard+mouse.
Yep

The controller is okay for melee combat, especially with practice I imagine. But trying do anything else like issue commands is just too involved and too time consuming. Even horseback controls are difficult, I can hit stuff on horseback, but lining up a couched lance is harder then it should be. Also no idea how to do a quick stop. Surprisingly ranged weapons aren't too bad, but there's no way you're going to be able to pick archers off castle walls - not enough precision.

Seems whole point of console release is just to sucker all those who apparently don't have a PC to run Bannerlord (but still have a $600+ console w/ subscription) to buy Bannerlord. I really don't think much of the console audience is very interested in Bannerlord. Kingdom Come (closest analogue I can think of) managed to do alright with 5 million sales across all platforms, but that was a proper RPG.

I would implore anyone with a current gen console to see if there's a way to use a mouse/keyboard (I would assume there is?) Though will the console version of Bannerlord recognize such inputs? Playing with a gamepad is like trying to knit while drunk. Sure you won't hurt anyone but yourself, but you aren't going to be terribly successful either.

I truly beg anyone reading this to not get the game on console. Between having no mods and likely being stuck with a gamepad, it's just not worth it IMO. If you're that hard up on cash, sell your console, build a PC; get a pre-built even (might get a decent GPU that way). And no offense if you've been working full time the past 2.5 years you should have been able to save something up. You don't need a super computer to run Bannerlord. If you are struggling to make ends meet you should really be focused on bettering your situation, before getting a game that chews up 100s of hours.

Bannerlord isn't going anywhere and it's far from being a finished product, so you really aren't missing anything by coming back in 1, 2, or even 4 years. Only thing you might miss out on is custom server MP events, but again you need PC for that anyways.

Back
Top Bottom