SP - General Gamepad Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Hairy Yahoo

On probation
So yeah, I'll be good guy Greg and share my initial test results of playing with xbox 360 gamepad.

Blocking "by movement keys" doesn't work for gamepads:
If you choose that with keyboard when you press D + RMB it blocks right side
Test Expectation: Dragging left-analog to right and hitting Left-Trigger will block right side
Reality: Blocks according to the last input from right analog instead, it doesn't consider movement direction

Block direction is inverted for gamepads:

Dragging right-analog to right and hitting Right Trigger = Attacks from Right side
Dragging right-analog to right and hitting Left Trigger = Blocks Left side WRONG, IT SHOULD BLOCK RIGHT SIDE

Command menu:

Good things first, choosing soldier type via d-pad arrows is useful, placing banner to move your troops is quiet doable with analog.

The bad: Too many selections for controller! More selection=more issue here. I'd make a public investigation if "Fall back", "Advance", "Stop" and "Retreat" commands are being used at all, in my 2.5k+ warband and 300h+ bannerlord hours I've never used them but I dunno if they are used commonly, if not I would remove them right away.

Now the ugly part:
Regarding the general design, this is so unnatural. In all games Button A = Select, Button B = Back I have no idea how to get back to previous selection in bannerlord because it these buttons are tied to commands.
I find the current design inefficient and would suggest more plain structure, get ready to be overwhelmed by epic paint skillz
gamepad-suggestion.jpg

So yeah what are your thoughts about current design and my suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom