In Progress Game wont start

Users who are viewing this thread

All three of you seem to have NVIDIAs and all three of you have the same "physics" issue. There's a setting in game for "cloth simulation". I wonder if it has something to do with it.
In the Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native folder there's a file called engine_module.ini, and there's another one - engine_config.txt - in the (User Documents)\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs. Maybe turning things on and off there would do something.
Seems like it might be an NVIDIA issue, same problem, tried every solution and no fix yet.

I've got a 1070

I'm getting the System reflection crash on an AMD card, not sure if others experiencing the same log have Nvidia or AMD

I would like to give some input from my side. As the game appeared on Steam, I encountered exactly the same issue the topic started had posted.

It then got easily lost in the discussion flow here, but two guys actually stated what might be an issue, and it is NET. Framework. You need to have a version 4.7.1 or higher, then the game will launch correctly. So in my case, Windows 10 Corporate Edition was only supporting 4.6.2 cap. So I had to reinstall Windows to Win 10 Pro which runs NET. Framework 4.8, and thus my problem was solved.

You can check which versions of Win 10 are compatibale with what versions of the NET Framework on the microsoft site. Hope this piece of info is gonna be useful to someone.

I would like to give some input from my side. As the game appeared on Steam, I encountered exactly the same issue the topic started had posted.

It then got easily lost in the discussion flow here, but two guys actually stated what might be an issue, and it is NET. Framework. You need to have a version 4.7.1 or higher, then the game will launch correctly. So in my case, Windows 10 Corporate Edition was only supporting 4.6.2 cap. So I had to reinstall Windows to Win 10 Pro which runs NET. Framework 4.8, and thus my problem was solved.

You can check which versions of Win 10 are compatibale with what versions of the NET Framework on the microsoft site. Hope this piece of info is gonna be useful to someone.
I think we've all tried this already unfortunately.

Already installed 4.8, along all the other links that callum posted on the support page

I think we've all tried this already unfortunately.
Every response after page 6 that offers a solution is something that has been posted at least seven times now by people acting like it’s the only possible problem and this is the sure fix. Or asking to post log files from a non-existent directory. In other words at this point people are just spamming this thread with fake fixes.

It's fine, they are trying to help.
But what we really need issome serious dev attention to this issue.

It's clear now that there is some coding error in game code that needs to be fixed.

It's fine, they are trying to help.
But what we really need issome serious dev attention to this issue.

It's clear now that there is some coding error in game code that needs to be fixed.

I'd wager this has led to more refunds than people simply disliking the game and so I'd imagine they're definitely working to resolve this as quickly as they can.

When launching via Bannerlord.Native.exe in the game files, I'm getting an error message saying that I need to update the NET Framework version to 4.7.1 or higher. However, Windows 8 only goes up to 4.6. I'm installing Windows 8.1 now to try and update to 4.7.2 and I will post any updates here if it works.

I'm getting the System reflection crash on an AMD card, not sure if others experiencing the same log have Nvidia or AMD

I'm getting that crash with a 1070 from Nvidia.

Much as it's great to have the opportunity for some people to fix the problem for themselves, rolling back drivers or reinstalling Windows or whatever, ultimately the onus is on TW to get the game to a state where it will run straight away when a new user downloads it. Not just after downloading a bunch of packages and updating or upgrading Windows, but everyone with the minimum requirements listed on the Steam page. Every other game manages this, so I'm sure it will happen before early access is over. Sucks to miss out for the time being (all I want is the face editor), but at least by the time we can play, we will probably have also missed out on plenty of other bugs.

Much as it's great to have the opportunity for some people to fix the problem for themselves, rolling back drivers or reinstalling Windows or whatever, ultimately the onus is on TW to get the game to a state where it will run straight away when a new user downloads it. Not just after downloading a bunch of packages and updating or upgrading Windows, but everyone with the minimum requirements listed on the Steam page. Every other game manages this, so I'm sure it will happen before early access is over. Sucks to miss out for the time being (all I want is the face editor), but at least by the time we can play, we will probably have also missed out on plenty of other bugs.

Exactly. While I don't mind trying all those fixes on first 3 days of the early access I really hope they deal with those issues soon and fix the game code.

Making the game work, load the main menu and let the users past the loading screen should be one of the first steps within game development. It should be done before anything else. I cannot remember any other game that started a public alpha/beta or early access and didn't work at all.Exploits, bugs, poor performance, imbalance are to be expected but you cannot charge money for a product that doesn't work at all. Otherwise users will soon realize it wasn't a game they hoped for but just a money scam.

update for me, deleted everything in the hidden folders appdata and program data related to bannerlord. seems to certainly be related to an nvidia problem. i am able to play for now. for anyone worried about losing your save, just backup your save games, which are located in documents.
Could you please tell me the path to those directories and what you did? My crash report is exactly the same as yours, so i want to try and see if this fix is consistent .

Exactly. While I don't mind trying all those fixes on first 3 days of the early access I really hope they deal with those issues soon and fix the game code.

Making the game work, load the main menu and let the users past the loading screen should be one of the first steps within game development. It should be done before anything else. I cannot remember any other game that started a public alpha/beta or early access and didn't work at all.Exploits, bugs, poor performance, imbalance are to be expected but you cannot charge money for a product that doesn't work at all. Otherwise users will soon realize it wasn't a game they hoped for but just a money scam.
I'd add that the game apparently has software dependencies they elected not to package with it, which is unprofessional at best and uncaring at worst. I've never before seen a major release which didn't include all its dependencies, whether that's Visual C++ redistributables, .NET frameworks, DirectX, etc.

Ultimately installing these dependencies has only fixed the problem for some of us, but the fact remains that they knew the game needed these software packages and left them out, which led to more people being unable to play the game.

I'm very surprised this still isn't fixed. All the other bugs people are reporting are more or less what you'd expect from an early access release, but you don't expect so many people to have trouble even starting the game at all.

update for me, deleted everything in the hidden folders appdata and program data related to bannerlord. seems to certainly be related to an nvidia problem. i am able to play for now. for anyone worried about losing your save, just backup your save games, which are located in documents.
Exactly which folders in appadata did you delete?

Back
Top Bottom