Game won't start

Users who are viewing this thread

Bismarck

Knight
Hi,
my collegue has installed Mount&Blade on his computer, but the game doesn't start. Even the window which says that the game is limited to level 6 doesn't show up. He has an Intel Pentium 4 with an ATI Radeon 9800. What's wrong?

1. Do other game's have similar problem's or is it only happening with M&B?
2. Have you got the latest driver updats , and also the latest version of Direct X (dx9.0c)
3. Make sure you have atleast 50 - 200 mb free disk space in C drive

All games on his computer work except of Mount&Blade, he has DirectX 9c and he has installed the latest drivers.

so the window in which you select what to do(play,credits,buy code..) doesnt open?
try downloading the file again and re-installing...

He's downloaded the file more than twice, but it still won't start. Maybe the next version of Mount&Blade will run.

I'm having the same problem. I installed this on my laptop and it won't play. I regularly use my laptop almost exclusively for gaming. It runs Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft (something I've kicked the habit of), Pirates!, ect just fine. But this game refuses to start.

It shows up in the task manager as eating up about 4 MB of RAM and having consumed 0:00:00 CPU time.

got the same problem here, won´t start at all.
I tried the following:
-downloading and installing Dx9c (again), restarting, didnt work
-turning off Norton Anti Virus, Black Ice Defender and all other programms and also shutting down processes that still ran in the background connected with these programms,disabling virtual drives, didnt work
-uninstalling it, downloading and installing it again (tried on both of my harddrives), didnt work

Got Win2000 SP3, 2.4 Ghz P4, there are over 2 GB free on drive c and around 20 on drive d.

No similiar probs with all other games I tried so far expect one: Shadowwatch from Red Storm...but thats kinda old (2000 or something).

update:
I got hold of an older version 0.600 (??) and this one works...at least I get the start menu (opposed to the actual version)

okay...everything worked fine with that older version, no problems at all. I played through the demo levels (1-6) without any problems. So why won´t the newest version work for me?

*is now seriously addicted to the game*

*sigh* though the older Version I have runs fine there is trouble when I exit it now, after exiting it I can run any 16bit Apps anymore, some weird error message popping up, only a reboot fixes it.

As much as I enjoy the game I definitly wont buy or touch it again until a more stable version is released.

YAY!
The problem with the 16bit Apps not working after starting M&B disappeared after I payed for it (yes I am addicted to it).

Then I downloaded the most recent drivers from Nvidia (15th August), patched the old version to 632 and....IT WORKS!
(i tried patching it before switching to full version and getting the newest drivers, didnt work then)

*does the happy little customer dance*

Back
Top Bottom