In Progress Game won't start. Let me see main menu please! [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Update: Native.exe Solution Worked For Me

Running the program from the native.exe worked for me. *note, this method did not bring up the launcher for me but brought me straight i into the game cinematic/menu

So this is the order of how things went today:
1) I re-installed Bannerlord

2) I checked the decimal system thing, and it was already defaulted at "." united states english so I did not have to change anything there.

2.5) Ran the app through steam, nothing ever came up and steam exited the game.

3) I ran the bannerlord.native extension in my game folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client (then clicked the bannerlord.native exe file

The game then informed me I had a previous crash, and chose "No" to safemode. The game then started :smile: I have gone up to the character creation, training in campaign and also saved. I will update with any further issues. It was kind of laggy at certain parts, maybe 50 FPS at some points but I will try Gforce experience to see if that helps, and lower some settings. Edit Update: Running the game through GeForce and/or Steam still does not work.

What might make my experienced different from others at this point though as of today is that I did not attempt any other changes besides the decimal thing which for me turns out didn't need to be done anyway as it was already "." not a comma. I freshly re-installed the game before trying the native.exe.

I have been able to progress to the first town so far without much problems. The time it takes to leave a village/loading screen takes a bit but I am not sure if that is normal so.

Other notes:
Windows 10 Home
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
64-Bit OS and Processor
Display Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Driver version 26.21.14.4575

I am located in the Pacific Time region of the United States

Last edited:
yea still no luck here getting an issue will with error d3d the latest on i got had to do with menory but i have DDR4 3200 so i dont think thats an issue and iv done all the directx updates so idk whats next

yea still no luck here getting an issue will with error d3d the latest on i got had to do with menory but i have DDR4 3200 so i dont think thats an issue and iv done all the directx updates so idk whats next

You tried the native.exe after doing a fresh re-install? ;o

yea re installed like 3 times now and due to poor internet it takes forever so that a pain but yes i have and skipped even trying it throw steam and went straight to native.exe same thing but i did get a bit further and it played the main menu for like 5-10 secs instead of straight crash but still no luck my hole weekend has been spent trying to get this game to run with no avail starting to think only the devs can fix this game breaking bug glad you figured it out man :smile:

Any news from devs about this deadly problem? I'm continuing to annoy idiots from AMD for the new version of drivers but to no success for now.

Any news from devs about this deadly problem? I'm continuing to annoy idiots from AMD for the new version of drivers but to no success for now.
ZERO other than the "fixes" mentioned in the patch notes that dont work. i just requested a refund to spend my money elsewhere ill buy back in a few months when the games not totally broken

Not from the devs no. There is a new version of amd drivers you can try, maybe with them it'll start. I'm on business trip far away from home pc, didn't have any opportunity to try them.

So much time passed and still no solution, looks like devs stopped bothering with this bug since it is affecting only a small group of users.....

Hello everyone! After so many tries I found solution at least for me. I had practically the same problem with several games on unreal engine(Mortal shell, mechwarrior 5, griefhelm) I still dont know the cause but found a way to fix it. Problem was in my desktop resolution when it was 1920x1080 black screen and no signal only hard reset but when I changed resolution to 1600x900 games launched inside i could change the settings how i liked and games worked no problems ( I could play on 1920x1080 in game no problem) but only with desktop resolution 1600x900 should i change it back to the black...
With Bannerlord problem was practically the same:
-I changed resolution to 1600x900 then deleted the settings files and started the game it launched no problems
-Then in game i changed mode to fullscreen and set resolution to "desktop resolution"(not 1920x1080 but choice called desktop resolution ) and other settings to my liking
-After that quit game and returned desktop resolution back to 1920x1080 after this game works no problem.
Hope this will work for someone else, and devs try to dig into from this side. Sorry for bad english its not my native

This is worked for me i am so ***ing happy boys i hope it works for you guys too
Go to: (Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config.txt)
and change (graphics_adapter to = 0)
Glad that worked for you.

Two years later and engine_config doesn't exist anymore in that folder.

Back
Top Bottom