In Progress Game won't start. Let me see main menu please! [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

For others figuring out where to change Decimal symbol:

Control Panel -> Region -> Additional Settings

C27JyLm.png

Changing it from "," to "." fixed it for me guys.

I repeat, I can finally see the main menu. ?

@MArdA TaleWorlds You might want to add this solution to some Sticky thread or ask the devs to make the game accept either "," or "." as decimal symbol as we use both around the world.
which control pannel

Latest update - using bannerlord.native.exe as the patch notes suggest. Game crashes on second loading screen as usual, PC forcibly restarts giving an error code for memory management.

RX5700XT, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB 3200mhz RAM

Getting absolutely sick of this now.

Latest update - using bannerlord.native.exe as the patch notes suggest. Game crashes on second loading screen as usual, PC forcibly restarts giving an error code for memory management.

RX5700XT, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB 3200mhz RAM

Getting absolutely sick of this now.
And they “fixed it” in the last patch when you launch bannerlord from the .exe files

Can't play... I can enter in menu, but when click on campaign... Loading screen and application crash.

Ryzen 5 2400g, Vega 11, 8gb ram

Changing it from "," to "." fixed it for me guys.

I repeat, I can finally see the main menu. ?
Pfff, what? Such a stupid fix for such a hard problem, haha! That's great to hear. I hope that'll solve it for most of the guys here.
Have fun! Time to dedicate yourself on fixing ingame problems instead :wink:

Also, it looks like I was right about it being a regional problem after all ?

Pfff, what? Such a stupid fix for such a hard problem, haha! That's great to hear. I hope that'll solve it for most of the guys here.
Have fun! Time to dedicate yourself on fixing ingame problems instead :wink:

Also, it looks like I was right about it being a regional problem after all ?

Haha, cheers! Yeah you were right after all, tho I'm still confused why something so tiny made the entire game not work. All new profiles, even brand new Window installations were defaulting to "," for me. I swear I would never find that solution myself.

I'm also surprised it's not an issue for more people as there are so many countries using "," as decimal separator:
DecimalSeparator.png

I'm guessing it only crashed for people with "," and some other "condition". Otherwise I'm sure we would be seeing many more crash reports.

As for fighting ingame bugs, I'm just starting the campaign (found only 2 lords so far) but as I said before, you can count on it. The only issue right now is that I'm having troubles with navigating outside of crash report forum section. I've spent way too much time here. ?

Last edited:
Didn't work for me. My guess, in my case it's somehow conflicting with graphics drivers, since my monitor shows no signal after white screen and a few seconds of the picture with riders then PC needs reboot, same thing happened with Mechwarrior 5.

Didn't work for me. My guess, in my case it's somehow conflicting with graphics drivers, since my monitor shows no signal after white screen and a few seconds of the picture with riders then PC needs reboot, same thing happened with Mechwarrior 5.

Sounds like the problem I have, what graphics card do you have?

We need to wait for devs to solve the problem themselves or they need to contact AMD and try to solve the problem with them. I did what I could, the only thing AMD recommended is to submit driver bug and wait....

The "," fix does not work for me as it was default already ".". Since i am in the US. It only works for me "sometimes" when launching straight from bannerlord.exe

In my opinion, if this fix is connected to graphics driver it's a very complex problem that is pretty hard to identify and fix due to the different users PC specs. This bug is in the known crashes list we can only wait, really hope it'll be fixed soon.

It appears to be happening across multiple OS'es as well, I have seen people on Win 10 having the same issues as Win 7 etc. In my case it was working fine.. until it wasn't (I have 21 hours played according to Steam, so I couldn't even refund if I wanted to -- besides which, I'd really just like to be able to play without all these headaches, as I was able to previously, instead of refunding).

Wow so many updates since I last posted about a week ago... very interesting fixes discovered. I will re-install the game and try again today :smile: I am very interested to see if the decimal thing will work for me. Otherwise, I am also glad that the devs are aware of this issue :smile: I have faith in their magic.

Farthest I have gotten with the different fixes prior to decimal (haven't tried yet) was the start of the opening cinematic for TaleWorld I think. I am not even sure what it was, but it was for sure some kind of cinematic/logo reveal.

I am confused though as to why myfriend in Texas plays the game just fine. I believed that it could be because they downloaded the game the very hour it came out...and somehow this gave them the edge over those who downloaded the game days later after a few patches were applied, or maybe after various other PC updates. It makes me wonder if the regional decimal is a true factor...my friend's PC was custom created, so perhaps some of its parts are from outside of the U.S.

Last edited:
im having the same issue but its somtimes that loading screen or its right at main menu tryed all there **** NOTHING iv been trying for 4 days now and my in game time saying iv played 36 hours ffs and i havent played **** its vary depressing :/

Back
Top Bottom