Game won't start from Steam

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm going to give the game back, I can't make it work no matter what, I got a pretty decent computer. I don't think they plan to patch this problem and will just keep going with the game.
Unforunately I have the same thoughts, but I still beleive in the bright future.

you can play! just go to the files of the game>bin>w64 somethinng>Bannerlord.exe and run as administrator
It doen't work for me (maybe I should wait more but I still have white screen though without application crush).

Hi everyone. I just installed the game and it wont launch. When I click PLAY it redirects me to the Singleplayer/Multiplayer mini screen, then I click play singleplayer, then I see a white screen with the Bannerlord arrow.

Then Application Crash:
The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would yo ulike to upload these files now?

Then Bannerlord stops working, the Crashuploader says:

Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\crash_tags.txt
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\dump.dmp
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\engine_config.txt
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\module_list.txt
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\rgl_log_5356.txt
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\rgl_log_errors_5356.txt
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\stack.txt
Crashes\2020-03-30_13.49.28\user_config.txt

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
[FIX!}
Hi!, ive had this error since the start of the game and i just now fixed it!
all you need to do is go to your game files (on steam right click bannerlord>Properties>LOCAL FILES>Browse Local Files>bin>Win64_Shipping_Client
(*you need to run steam as administrator too!*)
and then just run as administrator for BannerLord.Exe, Bannerlord_BE.Exe, Bannerlord.Native.Exe And the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Exe!
you do that by right click>Properties>Compatibility>then Tick Run as Administrator. do that for all the above then launch from steam as usual

[FIX!}
Hi!, ive had this error since the start of the game and i just now fixed it!
all you need to do is go to your game files (on steam right click bannerlord>Properties>LOCAL FILES>Browse Local Files>bin>Win64_Shipping_Client
and then just run as administrator for BannerLord.Exe, Bannerlord_BE.Exe, Bannerlord.Native.Exe And the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Exe!
you do that by right click>Properties>Compatibility>then Tick Run as Administrator. do that for all the above then launch from steam as usual
Let's check procedure. After I ticked run as administrator for all of these .exe how should I launch a game? Just from steam which ran as administrator?

Last edited:
those guys who are playing nice and easy think the solution is so simple... I'm trying to make this game work for the last 48h, with all types of fix, but not a single one work... sorry for my english, I'm from Brazil and I don't use a translate (for training)

The Administrator fix didn't work for me either. I made steam, all the bannerlord programs, and the TaleWorlds program all run as administrator and nothing changed still. I am worried that this can only be fixed on the developer side of the game and not ours cause nothing seems to be working for us.

The Administrator fix didn't work for me either. I made steam, all the bannerlord programs, and the TaleWorlds program all run as administrator and nothing changed still. I am worried that this can only be fixed on the developer side of the game and not ours cause nothing seems to be working for us.
Yep feel the same way. Also this doesn't even remotely seems to be devs top priority, at least for the first 2 patches.

Am i wrong, or aren't they even aknowledging the issue at all?! this is shameful... it's not even in the list of the known issues... One could start to think it's some too deep issue in software compatibility that they don't know how to handle and so they are blatantly ignoring it hoping they can get away with this... One thing is to make people pay for a game that crashes or needs to be refined or tested while you add content, another is to sell a game that doesn't even start and you are not even trying to solve it.... ffs, if they AT LEAST answered on the issue and said a MASSIVE "WE ARE SORRY", one could be patient, but like this it's terrible... just terrible... it's like spitting in the face of the clients.

Am i wrong, or aren't they even aknowledging the issue at all?! this is shameful... it's not even in the list of the known issues... One could start to think it's some too deep issue in software compatibility that they don't know how to handle and so they are blatantly ignoring it hoping they can get away with this... One thing is to make people pay for a game that crashes or needs to be refined or tested while you add content, another is to sell a game that doesn't even start and you are not even trying to solve it.... ffs, if they AT LEAST answered on the issue and said a MASSIVE "WE ARE SORRY", one could be patient, but like this it's terrible... just terrible... it's like spitting in the face of the clients.
My exact thoughts, guess the fix for us is to give back the game to Steam. Do you know how long can I wait to give it back without losing my money?

Back
Top Bottom