Version number
e1.6.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
no crash dump
We will send a telemetry build for the 1.6.0 version soon. I will be asking a telemetry data when its arrived.

Computer specifications:
Operating system: Windows 10
Mouth board: ASUS TUF GAMING B550M PLUS(wifi)
CPU: 5900X
Memory: Acer B-DIE 16G*2 3800Mhz, FCLK 1900Mhz
Graphics card: tuf 3070ti

There has been the same freeze, which has not been resolved after recent update(1.61bate).

Abstract: the game is frozen when the battle of a thousand men begins, and a high frequency kill display appears in the upper right corner.

How to reappear: enter custom combat, 500 vs 500, and close combat with soldiers happens regularly. The image is set low or medium or high to reproduce this freeze. The game screen will be stuck with purely background sound. I have to Alt+F4 to close the window and afterwards closing mblauncher via task manager.

Add: when I go back to 1.59

The problem did not occur

I guess this is a 1.6.0 problem. Also the 1.6.1 new version still does not fix the problem. I hope the official can fix it as soon as possible, which will greatly affect the game experience now. Literally the game is dead for me. I can't play the new version of the game now. (I found 4guys on another forum who were in the same situation as me using the AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU, Maybe this is a helpful clue)

Using common issues and workarounds is still unsolved. I confirm that I have installed all patches and runtime -- Graphics card Driver, Bios version, Windows runtime all of them have been already up to date.

honestly wish can play 1.6 & 1.61 new version smoothly.

Thank you for the efforts of all official partners. I support you as always!

Last edited:
will try 1.6.2 now...
there is again "fixed crash in big battles" string, as it was in 1.6.1 (which dint fix it), so its hardly believable, but still worth trying

Last edited:
yep. still freezes. first arrow in the sky during 500v500 custom battle.
It would seem my game stopped developing at 1.5.10. Not mine alone, but it seems we are not many enough for this to be managed...

Last edited:
yep. still freezes. first arrow in the sky during 500v500 custom battle.
It would seem my game stopped developing at 1.5.10. Not mine alone, but it seems we are not many enough for this to be managed...
Same for me, still freezes.

Its been more than a month since this thread was created (with explanation of how to reproduce the freeze) , 2.5 months since 1.6.0 arrived, 2 telemetry files sent the very day this telemetry version appeared. As I feared, new versions go on and on without a fix, and "team" provides no feedback.
Whats important to understand.

1. We are few. The vast majority of players dont have this bug. Its unreproducible for them. I know of few cases of it here, its 4-5 people, some of them claim to know another 4 to have this problem. Links below:
As can be seen, the first thread comes from Intel CPU guy, myself is zen2, so its hardly cpu-specific...

2. Now, how different are devs? What if they cannot reproduce this? They got telemetry of 2 freezes, it probably gave no useable info. So, what is there to fix, if you send army to fight another army and shoot hundreds of arrows in the sky, and it doesnt freeze?

I now require feedback. This thread is not closed aka "solved" after a month. Is it because devs cannot still reproduce this, or is it because they can, but cant figure out how to avoid this? Of course, "they didnt really look into this yet" is also an answer.

Its been more than a month since this thread was created (with explanation of how to reproduce the freeze) , 2.5 months since 1.6.0 arrived, 2 telemetry files sent the very day this telemetry version appeared. As I feared, new versions go on and on without a fix, and "team" provides no feedback.
Whats important to understand.

1. We are few. The vast majority of players dont have this bug. Its unreproducible for them. I know of few cases of it here, its 4-5 people, some of them claim to know another 4 to have this problem. Links below:
As can be seen, the first thread comes from Intel CPU guy, myself is zen2, so its hardly cpu-specific...

2. Now, how different are devs? What if they cannot reproduce this? They got telemetry of 2 freezes, it probably gave no useable info. So, what is there to fix, if you send army to fight another army and shoot hundreds of arrows in the sky, and it doesnt freeze?

I now require feedback. This thread is not closed aka "solved" after a month. Is it because devs cannot still reproduce this, or is it because they can, but cant figure out how to avoid this? Of course, "they didnt really look into this yet" is also an answer.

Bumping this for more visibility. I have noticed several more threads like this popping up.

It has made the game completely unplayable for me since 1.6.0.

Same here. It worked great on 1.6.0 on my i7 7700k 16GB ram now i have switched to r7 5800x 32gb and it freezes about 10-20sec after 500v500 cav army had clashed on 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 i guess it is hardware related.

ryzen7 3800x
an hour of testing 1.6.2
tried capping fps. locked it at 15 via game config file. 1st horse archer battle, surprisingly, went well. 2nd,.after few arrows in the sky (thats the way I found to increase freeze probability), it froze. So, it may lower the probability but eventually it will freeze nonetheless
locked half of cores. froze
turned off SMT. froze
SVM on. froze
...back to1.5.10
I hope the changes implemented in 1.6.x were worth it :twisted:

thats good news. Now, in this thread I pointed out that shooting in the air was one of causes of the problem. In different threads and in different cases such as this, the same problem was present in pure melee fights. Is it solved too, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom