In Progress Game Stops Responding after a Game of Skirmish Ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: This is another issue that I have been experiencing for a while now. Before the latest patch, what I did to avoid this crash/freeze was to wait for the game to quit to the main menu on its own, after the skirmish match was over. Now after the latest patch the game has stopped going to the main menu on its own and I have to press ESC and press Quit to exit the game. The error is, the game gets stuck with the message Please Wait. One thing that is different with this crash in this latest patch, as opposed to before is, when it crashed/froze before I had to shut down the game in Task Manager. In this version once I shut the game after this freeze, the process stops on its own (which is progress I guess). In summary, the crash is still occuring and I find myself having to quit the game and restart after each skirmish game.
How to Reproduce: Quitting the game in skirmish mode after the game ends
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 980
GPU Driver Version:471.96
CPU: intel i5-3570K
RAM: 8gb
Motherboard: Asus P8z77V
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Here is a temporary bandage:
Before the game loads quitting you have to quit manually. If you quit once the game has already quit u will be stuck in the infinite please wait symbol. If you quit on time it will take 3-5s and you will not need to reload. This will "fix" it. So when last round is done you press quit immediately, if you are too late it you will have to alt f4

Here is a temporary bandage:
Before the game loads quitting you have to quit manually. If you quit once the game has already quit u will be stuck in the infinite please wait symbol. If you quit on time it will take 3-5s and you will not need to reload. This will "fix" it. So when last round is done you press quit immediately, if you are too late it you will have to alt f4
I currently use this workaround, but it does rob me of all my loot.
EDIT: Ok even worse it also blocks me from playing.

Last edited:
We are investigating this issue. Thanks for reporting.
Just to reiterate, the issue is not just that the game gets stuck on the score board after it ends. This is what people are complaining about now. The issue is also that when you press quit after pressing ESC, the game freezes before it is able to go to the main menu. This issue (the second one) has been happening to me long before this new patch. The first issue started happening for everyone after the latest patch.

Back
Top Bottom