Game-stopping bug

Users who are viewing this thread

I've started playing it a few days ago (great mod, by the way) but now my game is stuck in a strange bug.

Just after dawn, a bunch of messages appear, one after another, that several NAPs were broken, but then it gives me the choice to "fight your way out" or "surrender", as it does when you fail an infiltration.

The thing is, I was nowhere near a city. I was besieging Larinum. Anyway, whatever the option I choose, it either traps me in a castle screen or a "continue" screen, forcing me to Alt+F4 the game.

Any idea what this may be? I have a savegame of just when it happens if needed.

No idea, I had a 550 day campaign on version 2.4 and I did not encounter this bug and as Macedon we did our share of sieges:
wPKaT.jpg
And I did besiege a couple of cities/castles myself and I couldn't reproduce that bug. Try to upload that save file of yours and maybe I could track that error down.

savegame:

https://www.mediafire.com/?cuo2bckd44a4l5c

just load and wait a few hours, it always happens (at least on my PC...)

One of the oddest things to ever happen to me during a M&B session, it seems the game menus got all mixed up for a moment, I don't know if there is a code that fails or the result of a corrupted save. Passed that moment no bug occurred. Could you specify what you did during that game to see if I can reproduce that bug?

I don't remember the details (I have since started a new game - so far no bugs):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before 6: recruitment, deserter hunting, trade

day 6-7: attacked a Samnite lord and captured Telesia

until days 15-19: mostly recruitment, no lord battles

between days 15-19: captured Fagifulae

between days 18-21: captured Luceria and Canusium (not necessarily that order)

days 20-21: preparations and siege of Larinum

day 21, before dawn: captured Larinum

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's basically what I did in that game, after day 21 the bug started happening, always just after dawn, and I had to Alt-F4 the game every time.

EDIT: actually, there was something at Telesia; I went to the castle door, but it said "Town Center", entering it, I was back at the castle courtyard, but it was the siege scene (it had the tower and ramp near one of the walls) and there was a NPC copy of my character near that wall, along with a crowd of guards. Maybe it's related?

Back
Top Bottom