In Progress Game still not starting

Users who are viewing this thread

I did what Callum posted, installed all 4 of the software dependencies.
Still, when clicking Play in the launcher I get a white screen and eventually the game notices that it crashed.
On win7 64bit, graphics drivers updated today and verfied integrity of game files already.

Hello, sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. We had an update recently, could you please tell me if your problem persists?

We have released the E1.0.1 patch. (You can find the patch notes here.) Sorry to hear you are still having this problem. We are working hard to solve every issue we can.

Personally I was playing the patch fine yesterday, woke up this morning to another seeming update, and now the game won't get past the first loading screen. It starts loading, stops, and then crashes to desktop with no crash log or anything. I've tried every fix suggested anywhere I can find, and I can't find the source of the problem. I even uninstalled then reinstalled the game. Same problem.

I just tried launching it, I saw a minor update - unfortunately, it did not help. My windows are up to date, Nvidia drivers as well, dependencies all installed (even uninstalled newer ones to install suggested).

The launcher simply won't start. I see no white screens, it tries to load, the mouse cursor changes to the in-game one but then everything stops.

Edit: I also do not see any folder CN under \Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\Languages. I only see CNs folder with many files.

So, after reinstalling the game it still didn't work, but I went and set everything to run as administrator, and relaunched steam to run as administrator, and it worked. I had tried this before reinstalling and it didn't help, but it might work without having to do so if you haven't tried that yet.

So, after reinstalling the game it still didn't work, but I went and set everything to run as administrator, and relaunched steam to run as administrator, and it worked. I had tried this before reinstalling and it didn't help, but it might work without having to do so if you haven't tried that yet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! my game is running now... i literally did everything suggested and anything i thought might help and nothing worked part from bypassing the launcher... i cant believe the fix was as stupid as launching steam with administrator

This got me farther than I've been, I actually made it to the brightness menu, and then my computer shut itself off, instead of just crashing to desktop like normal.

I'm still crashing the same way as before the patches, and as others mentioned there didn't appear to be anything about fixing this crash in the patch notes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom