Resolved game slows down on Campaign Map, music and visual freezes

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: The game began to lag strongly while i am walking on the world map. This starts with the music, which begins to stutter until it completely freezes and starts to only make small sounds every now and then. While that happens the game itself begins to freeze more and more until after about 3-4 Minutes everything comes to a standstill and i have to shut the game down. All of this began to happen around day 390 (i am now on day 400) and reloading does not fix the issue. This issue does not come up when i start a new character, or use one of my much older save files of the same character (around day 300). These issues only occur on the world map for me, during sieges, field battles or inside towns the game seems to work without any lags, the sound does still cut out though.

The things i tried to fix this are as follows:
  • Verify Integrity of game files
  • Update Graphics Card Driver and other Drivers (like Sound Drivers)
  • Change Performance even though i do not believe that to be the issue
  • Reinstall the whole game
Sadly none of these fixed the issue for me. I hope someone here might be able to help, or i might have to wait for the next update to keep playing.

How to Reproduce: I just reload one of my current safe-files and play on the world map for about 3-4 minutes.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce rtx 2060
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Update:
I tried the things Rotrules mentioned but sadly those did not work either. Creating a new save lead to the exact same problems I already have and a rollback to older Bannerlord versions made it so that i was completely unable to load any save games created with Version e1.4.3 so i can not say if the bug originates in the latest Patches. It would take quite long to recreate this kind of bug with older saves and a new character since it only started around day 400 (about 20 or more hours into the game), so i have not tried that.

Last edited:
I would recommend rolling back Bannerlord by a few versions to see if the slowdown is either caused by the computer or the game's programming. I'm trying to roll back my copy of Bannerlord back to e1.0.4 to figure out if the slowdown is caused by the latest two updates or not.

Edit 1: I would also recommend creating a new save to see if the slowdowns still persist.

Last edited:
Not to hijack your issue, but I also just had this issue, and I'm fairly certain mine was caused by purchasing a caravan, since a previous save that Ive reloaded hasn't had this issue yet.

Hello, thank you for reporting it in. I have informed the devs about the issue and forwarded the info you have provided.

I'm having the same issue first on one save file I ended up abandoning that save started a new one then started happening again around the same time frame as you

Hello, I have a similar problem in patch 1.4.3. When joining the allied army that besieges the castle, the sound starts to slow down and completely disappears, and the game itself freezes and nothing can be done (sorry, I am writing with the help of a translator)

Hello, I'm having same issue and I observed the stuttering begins in the moment when the map start being covered in snow (Winter 12, in my game play). Don't know if its related but hope it helps to find a solution because the game is unplayable and I will not risk spend more hours playing just to find the same problem ahead. (sorry for the bad english).

For the people having stuttering issues on map, trie to enable all Vsync options in menu. My game was heavily stuttering and the problem was reduced after enabling Vsync options. Trie to enter in a city or go to a battle after enable Vsync can help to make the stuttering disappear completely, it worked for me.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom