Game should give more feedback to players

Users who are viewing this thread

Alkix

Regular
I'm a mediocre player. Here's some feedback on what I think would help mediocre players like myself get better:
1.) Better combat mechanics feedback: I don't really know how combat works, and I doubt most mediocre players do either. My main complaint is the difficulty in understanding the variability in block and swing delay. It's hard to predict, and in tense situations when I attack, it's unclear when the attack I make is going to happen or if it's going to happen at all.
2.) Please add input buffering: If I left click to make an attack, and I don't press anything else, I still want to make the attack, regardless of the length of the attack delay that was introduced (and I can't determine how long it is from my previous block because the game is close-fisted with that information). The work around to this is spamming the left click button, but I doubt the devs think that getting good should involve continuously clicking as fast as you can just because. Another example of this is the "attack again" sweet spot, which (and maybe I'm wrong about this) can just be spam clicked to achieve.

"Helpful" suggestion: Please add some kind of mini stun animation if block or swing delay is at anytime greater than the minimum a player can expect it to be. Maybe the character model sags in weakness for a moment and then regains posture while making a loud sigh. Anything to let you know that you are on cooldown.

1.) Better combat mechanics feedback: I don't really know how combat works, and I doubt most mediocre players do either. My main complaint is the difficulty in understanding the variability in block and swing delay. It's hard to predict, and in tense situations when I attack, it's unclear when the attack I make is going to happen or if it's going to happen at all.
There is a setting to see swing direction, this makes an arrow appear in the direction you are winding up in which turns to a maximum opacity and lets you know when the swing is ready and what direction.

The setting is located under Gameplay - User Interface - Show Attack Direction.

I'm unsure of how in-depth it is on the more advanced combat tricks, but there is a tutorial in the campaign mode. That will give you some decent basic training for MP

Back
Top Bottom