Game Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Captured Joe said:
Auldman said:
Starts in the 1400s and goes to the 1680's. Mods extend it into the 18th century but you don't have to play them. AI can be pretty challenging even on the easiest difficulty. The really fun thing is when your AI opponent gets surprise reinforcements that materialize in your flanks.

http://www.slitherine.com/products/583/details/Pike.and.Shot.Campaigns. It is available on Steam.
Sounds like **** tbh. Slitherine games just feel like massive rip-offs to me, owing to the generally atrocious UI and controls, barely passable graphics for 2000s strategy games, unreasonable price tags, bad and repetitive music, game mechanics which were outdated before I got internet at home and don't improve with any of their newer games either, and a general lack of effort.

Also they've been milking the Close Combat franchise like crazy. Need to get every single drop of milk out of that bad boy! What's that, you'd like us to update the graphics (like the CC games did before we took it over)? Nah, just buy these "NEW" Close Combat games which are LITERALLY. THE. SAME. ****. GAMES. as the old ones, but three times as expensive and released ten years later! For ****'S SAKE!

More like ****herine, am I right?

I don't think they're aiming at a crowd that go in for hq graphics. I don't think all of their titles are quality either. That said they tend to aim their stuff at people who want a quality challenge from their AI and, from my experience, their best titles are far superior to the AI in the AAA releases like the Total War Series and harder to boot. I think the Pike and Shot release was one of their best releases and was well reviewed by most sites. But yeah it is not flashy. They also did not release a ton of DLC for it so I don't know really know what you are on about there. The graphics were actually ok too probably because the game was published by Slitherine only and not developed by them (Byzantine Games).

Now I've never played Close Combat as, frankly, the Second World War is about as interesting as two snails racing, to me, these days so I can't speak to that. Pike and Shot was a quality title regardless of what you think of the publisher, Joe.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/24/pike-and-shot-review/ (This was written before the game had a campaign).

Councilor Crassius Curio said:
Why would you play Stronghold Crusader anyway, when Stronhgold 2 is clearly the best game of the entire series?
Stronghold Crusader >  Stronghold Legends > Stronghold > Stronghold Crusader 2 (kinda buggy though) > Stronghold 2

Stronghold: Crusader said:
I've literally been playing Stronghold: Crusader longer than you've been alive. The Rat ****ing sucks ass.

I contend that I've probably played more than any other person in history.

46d761986b.png

Don't diss me fam, in 2002. I was in advanced potty training groups already.

Rat-Snake-Pig was the ultimate trio.

I am greatest Total War fanboy of world I believe because I can replay without as these boring me, sure as I not have played Stronghold games never :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom