Game randomly reboots my PC / forces a restart

Users who are viewing this thread

khatmar

Recruit
Hi,

So I have a new PC and I wanted to replay through VC again, I have fond memories of it coming out a couple years back. It used to run on my old laptop without issues.

My new PC has these specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM; Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070. Essentially I have been able to play any game on the best settings - Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 and others.

But for some reason, VC although it runs perfectly at a 50+ fps sometimes forces my PC to restart. Basically, I would go into a battle and suddenly the screen goes white the sound buzzes for a while and then the PC restarts. I have this happening on highest settings, on lowest settings, on lowest shaders, etc. I have tried everything I could find regarding crashes/performance for VC.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I would really like to play through this game again.

I too had issues with my new computer. I checked load textures on demand and force single thread and it seemed to sort it. Also don’t play windowed.

That is a combination of things I do not think I have tried yet, Im going to give it a go. Is it normal however, that I constantly have the performance % at something like 15%? My old laptop was always at 100+ :sad:

EDIT: Well, it seems that this has lessened the crashes a bit, it has not eliminated them, but they happen less frequently. I just want to finish the story and the Irish storyline too, and move on (until a patch or something comes and fixes this, although Im not hopeful).

I too still have random crashes,  mostly in Ireland during sieges when reinforcements spawn.  I just save often and deal with it. It’s not a FPS issue obviously, but available RAM I guess. No idea. Old comp ran VC-R perfect. Like is said, aside from upgrading your RAM, I think saving often is your best option at this point.

Back
Top Bottom