Resolved Game randomly freezes just a few minutes after lauching after update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game randomly freezes just a few minutes after lauching. After updating to hotfix 1.7.2 & beta hotfix 1.8.0 screen freezes, music and background sounds can still be heard.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
GPU Driver Version: newest one
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
RAM: 8
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD - 101GB of free space, HDD- 454GB of free space

My game is crashing when trying to start a new campaign. It is something with graphics i think, my dudes hands and head are visible, everything else is invisible in the final screen when i hit start. sometimes it in the teenage years. ive tried low graphics, high graphics, game validation, dumped mods, deleted entire game and reinstalled, nothing fixes it. 473.04 Nvidia driver with a 1070

My game is crashing when trying to start a new campaign. It is something with graphics i think, my dudes hands and head are visible, everything else is invisible in the final screen when i hit start. sometimes it in the teenage years. ive tried low graphics, high graphics, game validation, dumped mods, deleted entire game and reinstalled, nothing fixes it. 473.04 Nvidia driver with a 1070
Could you open another thread for that issue?

Telemetry branch has been updated.
We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With that data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.
  • Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

For me the problem is still there, especially when I go to walk around town. Not a minute goes by and it freezes. The spy mission is impossible to accomplish because of it.
Me too, I have hundreds of hours in the game and have had no trouble. Made sure my drivers were up to date and everything.
Even right from launch, when I click to go to another screen it takes longer to load, and I see part of the next screen (IE: in a town then clicking to go to the forge, it sticks for a sec showing me what materials I have at the bottom but I still see the rest of the town's home screen where you choose where to go) And after a few minutes it just stays like that till I tab out and manually close the game.

Me too, I have hundreds of hours in the game and have had no trouble. Made sure my drivers were up to date and everything.
Even right from launch, when I click to go to another screen it takes longer to load, and I see part of the next screen (IE: in a town then clicking to go to the forge, it sticks for a sec showing me what materials I have at the bottom but I still see the rest of the town's home screen where you choose where to go) And after a few minutes it just stays like that till I tab out and manually close the game.
If you're running Windows 7 / 8 and having freezing after assets not properly loading, the workaround for now is to run Process Monitor in the background.

If you're running Windows 7 / 8 and having freezing after assets not properly loading, the workaround for now is to run Process Monitor in the background.
It isn't even letting me install process monitor. I have not reformatted my PC in forever, building a new one anyway. Just gonna put Win10 on this one finally and see what happens in the mean time. Thank you though, hopefully they fix it soon.
I was worried about stuff going wrong as soon as I seen they were working on porting it to consoles, issues with PC updates generally pop up when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom