Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen so many videos popping up on YouTube that are all like an hour long and titled "A DETAILED ANALYSIS OF HOW THE BATTLE OF WINTERFELL IS UNREALISTIC!!!!" But, I mean, it's literally all so nonsensical that it's pointless to critique it. I watched one for a little bit just to see what the people were saying and I got the impression that it's all really stupid people who have played Total War for a few hours.

"Ackshully, what should have happened with the Dothraki, is that they should have employed this detailed ancient battle called "flanking" that my sources indicate seems to be some kind of attacking at the sides. I've been studying history ever since Shogun Total War 2 came out, and while this is my first time hearing the technical term for attacking people in the sides, I can 100% confirm that it is a solid tactic that brave and cool generals like Julius Caesar and Napoleon used it a lot to win battles."

Btw has it ever been addressed why Jon, since it is now a confirmed fact he's patrilinearly Targaryen, doesn't have platinum hair and the whole look that otherwise every (?) single one of them had?

Not every Targ has platinum hair. It tends to stay platinum because of the incest. Jon got his mother's hair, it seems.

The Baratheons are also descended from a Targ marriage (Robert's grandmother), and they don't have the platinum hair, but the dark Baratheon features.

Edit: new replies

kurczak said:
Btw has it ever been addressed why Jon, since it is now a confirmed fact he's patrilinearly Targaryen, doesn't have platinum hair and the whole look that otherwise every (?) single one of them had?
Been answered above already but interesting how the Targ Targiness being a recessive gene makes sense with their incestuous tradition. Addition of new blood = no longer targarienne.

This show is the perfect example of trying to "have your cake and eat it too." Do all the development, deliver all the promises, then discard when convenient. You can even kill characters all-but-on-screen and save them with a quick camera cut!

They gave themselves fixed endpoint of 13 episodes to the finale
Exactly. Themselves." Oh well, I couldn't do any better with this tight deadline that I myself arbitrarily came up with and could have postponed any time."

I doubt HBO is losing any money on the most watched tv show in tv history. And magic-girl-assassin-ex-machina is just unimaginative, boring and underwhelming resolution in itself, it has nothing to do with how slow fast they got to it. It doesn't matter if her training or whatever allowed for it to physically happen. She had nothing to do with the main plot. It's like if Poirot was trying to solve a case for seven seasons and then bam, in the last ten minutes, Ms Marple shows up "let me just solve this case real quick, oh yeah, it was the gardener, dear Hercule, kthxbai".

According to leaks that have heretofore apparently proven to be correct, in the next episode
Jon kills Dany (just as I said he should) and Bran ends up being the king. :lol: I hope it's a troll, but I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat for next Monday, just in case: so I can fall off of it if it's hilarious.

Lumos said:
According to leaks that have heretofore apparently proven to be correct, in the next episode
Jon kills Dany (just as I said he should) and Bran ends up being the king. :lol: I hope it's a troll, but I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat for next Monday, just in case: so I can fall off of it if it's hilarious.

It's almost certainly correct, the other dozen points on the leak post were all correct to the letter

On a sidenote, what a ****show this has become lmao

Back
Top Bottom