Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

What pisses me off the most, is how authors kill most of the characters. They simply get rid of them without having any interesting ideas on how to finish their plot line. The LittleFinger, Varys, Euron, even the Night King. And Cersei got it a bit lame.
I'm afraid Dany's/Jon's/Tyrion's/or Arya's death, or whoever they choose to die next week, will be lame as hell.
Good thing I do not expect anything good out of these series. So much less to be dissapointed

At least there are some good news:
Books are coming
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martins-last-two-books-a/1100-6466841/

I think a lot of what actually happened this season isn't terrible, it was just handled horribly and a lot of it wasn't set up very well or at all. I'd be amazed if GRRM handled it so poorly.

Personally, I'm hoping that the Battle of Winterfell is won at the end of Book 6, and then we have all of Book 7 to descend into the political chaos that GRRM writes so well.

A friend sent me this image.  Pretty much sums up my opinion.
sGYK-.jpg

I think this is pretty close to what Dany will end up like in the books but without any of the nuances or character development it needed. The city burning scenes got quite boring after a while and I truly hope this is not how Jaime's arc will truly play out. Not really sure what to think or expect anymore, this is not what I imagined the show ending like. Not that I didn't anticipate this type of plot, but they way everything's been handled is just bizarre. How did any of the Dothraki survive as well?

Are we going to see Jon beheaded Ned-style next episode with Arya in the crowd? :iamamoron:

Lord Brutus said:
A friend sent me this image.  Pretty much sums up my opinion.
sGYK-.jpg

I came to post exactly the same thing. It sublimates the fan feeling. :lol:
This season we are witnessing the destruction of the vilest form of a Lore that was exquisitely built. The icing on the cake was the death of Cercei...Valonqar hello?

I predict a lost 2.0. Call me Machiavellian but I can only understand this resolution as a commercial strategy, and I explain. The show ends and the objectives of the investors have been secured and surpassed by the enormous success it has had. Ending in this way means that those most interested will look for alternative answers in George R. R. Martin's next book. More expectation, more economic benefit.

Terco_Viejo said:
This season we are witnessing the destruction of the vilest form of a Lore that was exquisitely built. The icing on the cake was the death of Cercei...Valonqar hello?
I had a similar thought, but the show's version of the Maggy the Frog scene doesn't actually include any mention of valonqar, so I guess that's not as bad as it could've been.

Lumos said:
Terco_Viejo said:
I had a similar thought, but the show's version of the Maggy the Frog scene doesn't actually include any mention of valonqar, so I guess that's not as bad as it could've been.

Assuming Prophecy in the books actually means something. Which I'm of the impression that it doesn't. You can find prophecies and their fulfillment if you look close enough. Kinda like being able to see Jesus in your toast.

Back
Top Bottom