Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone is each other's bro and nothing really happened. Friendship is magic and everyone respects everyone. Yet again it was only for Jaime (and kind of for Brienne and Theon/Sansa combo) that something remotely interesting happened. Let's please get on with the battle  :razz:

Message brought by Team Jaime

Lumos said:
I find Arya more attractive than Sansa, for instance. Excluding the "look at how cold and badass I am" attitude she's been having recently.
I think Maisie's more attractive IRL than she is in the show. A lot of that might be to do with her hair; the hairstyles she's had in the show haven't been the most flattering or 'feminine'. She's also short as ****, too. I mean, I've got nothing against petite (adult, before anyone makes a joke) women, but since season 6 or 7 I've been noticing how strange it can look (to me at least) that she's so much shorter than everyone else.

That's what death is, isn't it? Forgetting
Boi, that's why THE NORF REMEMBERS

The crypts are the safest place.
gVMdOiH.jpg
this was 55 minutes of pre-Helm's Deep
Is just missing Beric Dondarrion saying "So it begins" :lol:

We got tons of reunions
Still waiting for Melisandre. She's going to come with a squad of priests welding flaming swords SW-EpisodeII-jedi-like at the godswood "No Bran, this won't work. We still have 3 more episodes to fill!"

What I've been wondering is, will her child be born before her inevitable demise? Will house Lannister survive? Will we get a sequel someday set ~20 years later, featuring Cersei's child and the children of... whoever else is left at the end of this, as they continue to vie for the Throne? Don't tell me no one at HBO has thought about it.

It's sort of hard to picture most families surviving past the end of the show, because unlike the books where there's a few hundred Lannister cousins and **** kicking around just like with every other family, in the show every family is represented by five people so all it takes is one poorly cooked meal to end a bloodline.

I need to think about this one some more, but here are a few of my thoughts as of now:

Visuals at the start were awesome. The Glorious Dothraki Charge with flaming swords, the wights' initial charge crashing into the defenders, men fighting for their lives as dragons burned **** in the background, all that looked great. Also, that Dothraki charge: I've never been much of a fan of the Dothraki, myself, but I was expecting them to play an important role in the battle. Everyone talked about how devastating they could be in an open field; I expected their cavalry to kick major ass. When I saw the flaming swords disappearing into the darkness, I was like "Holy ****. If that doesn't do anything to them, what will?" That was a cool moment.

Lyanna Mormont's death was over-the-top to the point of being silly. I didn't want her to die, she was one of the people I was rooting for. I don't think they needed to kill her. I felt sad that she was dying, and yet... the scene started feeling silly. The conflicting emotions there felt weird. Another thing that didn't feel right was the sudden shift from battling to Arya playing cat-and-mouse in the library. The change of pace was jarring, and I felt like that and the hallway chase scenes took too long, because I wanted to know how the fighting was going outside. Lastly, the piano music at the end sucked. I thought it felt out of place, like something somebody on YouTube would edit on over the scene.

Bran vs. the Night King: I felt like this was a missed opportunity for Bran to say something like "Hello, [name]" as he looked up at the Night King. Bran's probably seen who he was before he became a White Walker; it might've been cool to learn some more about him. He wasn't a character we knew much about. Partway though the scene, I was wondering if instead of killing Bran, the Night King was going to pull up a chair and sit down for a chat. :lol: Silly, I know, but it would've been the sort of unexpected thing filmmakers do sometimes after building up tension. Never occurred to me that Arya would be the one to get him. I was expecting a final duel between Jon and the Night King. I'm not complaining; in fact, after sitting there feeling the hopelessness that the characters were experiencing and expecting to have to wait until next week to see how it would end, that made me sit up and smile when she got him. I'm sure people are going to complain about how the hell she got through all the wights; I guess the library scene showed us that she can walk silently and be sneaky, but I have no answer as to how she got through a ring of wights and White Walkers unseen. Oh well. I'm not going to ***** about that.

It feels like without the books and the fundamental lore that books provided, the show could not carry the epicness / high stakes of the whole saga. There are lots of questions left unanswered. And they overhyped themselves with this battle scene which, to be honest was worst than BoB. Will still follow the series but it is a big meh for me. This might be worse than the Lost flop.

M.ArdA_TaleWorlds said:
And they overhyped themselves with this battle scene
I agree. After multiple seasons of "the world is at stake" hype, I'm not sure if they were ever going to make this battle live up to expectations.

trueten said:
At least the food shortage problem is solved.
No ****. In the teaser for next week, Dany talks about going back to finish Cersei, but... do they even have the men? While there were probably fights going on throughout Winterfell, by the end it looked like the main courtyard that they were defending had been completely overrun, with maybe just a few guys left. I would think anyone who is left would be so exhausted and have so much combat fatigue that the last thing they'd feel like doing is marching off to fight another battle. Besides which, Cersei's got 20,000 fresh men plus all of Euron Greyjoy's Ironborn. I'd think she'd have the advantage right now.

The Doge of Benis said:
That was incredibly filmed, incredibly scored vomit.
That pretty much sums my opinion up, though I wouldn't call it "vomit". I think I just don't care enough to call it anything. It was an incredibly filmed and incredibly scored meh.

I was correct that nobody essential would die.

What was the point of all the sneaking around in rooms? Where was Arya going? Are you honestly telling me that blood dripping from her forehead would make more noise than her movement, or just her armour? How'd she leave the room with the Hound and the red woman? How'd she get through the infinite amount of wights before the end boss? Well, at least she did her job as an assassin, I guess.

When did Theon become such a good spearman? Did Grey Worm leave half his men on the other side of the trench?! Why'd Beric just stand there and get crit-backstabbed only to then apparently walk into the next room without having three wights hanging off of him? Was that a minor continuity error?

I was a little disappointed that Tormund Giantsbane didn't kill the undead giant.

You know what, who cares, we're halfway through. The episode was kinda entertaining, though I was anticipating a higher body count. Jon running at the blue dragon three times only to steer clear when he aggroes it was funny too.

It's not Helm's Deep, that's for certain.

Arvenski said:
trueten said:
At least the food shortage problem is solved.
No ****. In the teaser for next week, Dany talks about going back to finish Cersei, but... do they even have the men? While there were probably fights going on throughout Winterfell, by the end it looked like the main courtyard that they were defending had been completely overrun, with maybe just a few guys left. I would think anyone who is left would be so exhausted and have so much combat fatigue that the last thing they'd feel like doing is marching off to fight another battle. Besides which, Cersei's got 20,000 fresh men plus all of Euron Greyjoy's Ironborn. I'd think she'd have the advantage right now.
Don't worry, Asha Greyjoy will show up with 20 good men.

Back
Top Bottom