Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

TheFlyingFishy said:
What's a garrison?

It's the Frey's. They established last season they'd let lannister troops past them without even giving a ****.  :lol:

But yeah, first impressions are good. I'm just confused at how Euron got to Kings Landing and Daenerys got to Dragonstone without crossing paths. Yet.

Clearly, he did. Which means that all the Lannisters or literally anyone else would have to do to retake one of the most strategically important castles in the entirety of the world is sail over and walk in. They knew she was coming and just let her have a nice little island castle to launch her attack from. Not to mention it's the same scenario from Aegon the Conquerer and they just let it happen. She's gotta be running low on supplies from the sailing trip, so holding her up there as long as possible would be paramount, you'd think.  reeeeeeeee

None of that matters when Varys can teleport across the narrow sea in an instant and you can leave Meereen (which is halfway again around Essos) at the beginning of an episode and be in Westeros by the end. It's better that she just has it; at least the metaphor isn't totally lost.

Good night, sweet Freys. Wow, didn't see that coming. I assumed that killing Walder and his two chief sons would be enough to satisfy Arya where the Freys were concerned...

I hope Euron does marry Cercei. That could be interesting. If he's nice to her, she'll be cold to him because she just wants his fleet, not him. If he's a total douche to her (which would be my bet), it would be interesting to see how much of that Cersei would be willing to put up with for the sake of power and the survival of the Lannister name. And it would be interesting to see how Jaime would take being cast aside, after all that he's lost already. That could be the catalyst for the Jaime-Cersei split that's, imo, bound to happen eventually.

Also, wtf was up with those Lannister soldiers Arya ran into? :lol: This show is always showing the worst in soldiers and armed men. I figured at first that those men invited Arya to join them because she was a young girl traveling alone and they saw an easy rape. I'm not complaining that things apparently turned out differently, but those guys just giving her food and wine and telling her about their dreams and families was just strange. :lol:

edit: Also, that new armor Ser Gregor's got is real awesome.
ser-gregor-clegane-aka-the-mountain-aka-the-frankenmountain-aka-ser-robert-strong.png

Feragorn said:
None of that matters when Varys can teleport across the narrow sea in an instant and you can leave Meereen (which is halfway again around Essos) at the beginning of an episode and be in Westeros by the end. It's better that she just has it; at least the metaphor isn't totally lost.

I think we'll be starting to see episodes that cover days, maybe even weeks now. They didn't show it well, but assume there has been a lot of time between Varys' leaving Meereen and reaching Dorne, then meeting up somewhere in the middle on the boats. Same with Arya at the end of Season 6. Chances are her plot was marginally behind the rest, chronologically, and they literally just skipped months of travelling.

At this points it's the only conclusion I can make - generally we don't give a **** about the travelling any more, with a couple of exceptions. Brienne had also teleported, apparently, since the last episode. Chances are it's just been a few weeks of off screen time.

The Doge of Benis said:
Feragorn said:

I think we'll be starting to see episodes that cover days, maybe even weeks now. They didn't show it well, but assume there has been a lot of time between Varys' leaving Meereen and reaching Dorne, then meeting up somewhere in the middle on the boats. Same with Arya at the end of Season 6. Chances are her plot was marginally behind the rest, chronologically, and they literally just skipped months of travelling.
In a behind-the-scenes-video the producers say the scene withthe armada takes place in Slavers Bay. If you look closely you can see Tyrell and Dornish ships among the others so either Varys teleported himself to Slavers Bay with a whole fleet of Daenys allies or the scene takes place weeks later :wink:

Which video was that? I assumed that Dany refitted the armada with new sails and figureheads in Slavers Bay then met up with the Dornish and Martell ships in the Narrow Sea. If not, it makes as much sense as Yara sailing from the Iron Islands to the Dreadfort...

..oh, wait.

Really annoyed me that they desperately went out of their way to incorporate Ed Sheeran. The show was never about trying to include famous names etc, bit of a sell out imo, and kind of broke the illusion for me.

I'm glad they're reducing the season to 7 episodes and 6 the next as it's gone downhill since season 5 began. Really wish they'd prolonged a lot of the storylines while they had the chance, so much has been rushed that it's kind of ruined it. Imagine if they'd put as much effort in to Rob Stark's battles as they did with BOTB etc.

Sigur Ros was the band that got mocked at the Purple Wedding. They're not new to putting musical acts in the show if they think it'll work. Ed Sheeran as one singsongy Lannister soldier hardly broke up the scene where Arya finally realizes that maybe not everyone is comically evil.

-Peter- said:
Really annoyed me that they desperately went out of their way to incorporate Ed Sheeran. The show was never about trying to include famous names etc, bit of a sell out imo, and kind of broke the illusion for me.
Who's the sell out in this scenario? The mainstream show that had already been a massive commercial success or the mainstream singer who had already been a massive commercial success?

Yeah and apparently Masie is a big fan of Ed, so they also did it as a gift for her. The scene was going to be there in any case as it serves a purpose (identify that even Lannister soldiers are human to Arya). It was jarring because he was shown so prominently and his face is pretty well known. But calling it a sell out is a ridiculous. The most watched TV show in history is selling out? Lolwat.

Back
Top Bottom