Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Users who are viewing this thread

Feragorn said:
Arriguy said:
After all this though, I kind of feel bad for the High Sparrow. Sure his scenes were annoying, but his failure to realize that Cersei was plotting something meant he believed in her, and that last moment of somber realization before he lights up seem to show he might have actually just been an old religious fanatic,(not that that's much better...) rather than a hypocritical church-powerplayer

I thought that was the point. He's not any better than the nobles he's claiming to be bringing justice to. He's blinded by his faith, and his goal isnt the good of the kingdom, it's to make the Faith the highest power instead of the monarchy. Presumably with him at the head. He's so far removed from the regular political workings of the kingdom that he can't fathom a future where he loses, because he has the gods on his side.

Valid point, hadn't thought of that.

Wonder what Jaime's gonna do now after what's happened...

That episode made up for most of the abysmitude throughout the season.

332qmty.jpg

How many times has Varys been back and forth across the narrow sea?

He was in Dorne half an hour earlier in the episode. I'm used to the timescale being a bit weird sometimes but this felt particularly egregious.  Good episode overall though.

Also whatever happened to
the Targaryen brother? Is he just not a thing in the tv series?

My gosh, what an episode.

So many deaths early on, though. Pycelle, Lancel, Loras, Mace, Margaery, the High Sparrow... (Forget the rest of them, but I'll miss Margaery. Also, we didn't get to see whatever plot she was working on come to fruition.) When Tommen decided it was time to croak, I had to stop and laugh for a minute. They were just bumping off so many people. :lol:

Also, Revenge of the Starks. I'm wondering if I should expect this to end badly, though. Because, you know, Starks. They tend to lose.

Also, I agree with whomever said that the whole Targaryen alliance thing is getting overused (everybody who is ever out of friends runs to Dany, except the Starks), but it does make sense for story reasons. If (big "if" I know, but if) she's going to unite and rule the Seven Kingdoms, she's going to need to have the other houses on her side, especially the major ones.

Arvenski said:
My gosh, what an episode.

So many deaths early on, though. Pycelle, Lancel, Loras, Mace, Margaery, the High Sparrow... (Forget the rest of them, but I'll miss Margaery. Also, we didn't get to see whatever plot she was working on come to fruition.) When Tommen decided it was time to croak, I had to stop and laugh for a minute. They were just bumping off so many people. :lol:

Also, Revenge of the Starks. I'm wondering if I should expect this to end badly, though. Because, you know, Starks. They tend to lose.

Also, I agree with whomever said that the whole Targaryen alliance thing is getting overused (everybody who is ever out of friends runs to Dany, except the Starks), but it does make sense for story reasons. If (big "if" I know, but if) she's going to unite and rule the Seven Kingdoms, she's going to need to have the other houses on her side, especially the major ones.

Shouldn't be too hard, considering that the Tyrells are only down to one old lady, the Martells are all dead, the Arryns are down to a sickly child, Starks aren't really friends to the Lannisters to begin with, and are related to Targs anyways; Tullys are  prisoner to Lannister, and Lannister basically down to one psychotic queen and two in-one-way-or-another crippled or deformed brothers - one of which is already on her side.

Dany talked about "breaking the wheel" and whatnot, but Westeros has been tearing itself apart and doing a good enough job about it without her help.

That might be my favorite episode of the whole show.

The Targaryen alliance is getting ridiculous, though. Tyrells and Martells have hated each other for hundreds of years. Everyone hates the Ironborn. Something tells me people won't be very happy when Dany unleashes the Dothraki on Westeros.

If you believe a lot of the theories, Dany doesn't exactly end up a hero of the story. Or even a good guy, for that matter. The fact that's she's bringing the Dothraki, whose style of war she knows very well, is evidence enough. She's pretty much already proved she's not that great of a person with her determination to take the Iron Throne just because she thinks it's hers, regardless of the thousands that will die because of it.

I'm a bit worried with how many characters are shaping up as absolute psychopaths. Arya especially, I understood the killing, but the cooking was a bit...dunno, almost in Dexter territory.
Not many likeable people around anymore.

The cooking was just to appease book-readers who were robbed of a better and more contextually relevant scene. I didn't really pay much attention because it felt like a quick little inside-joke. I'd like to know how she managed to kill and cook two grown men, though.

Game of Thrones feels too modernised and contemporary for me. I want less mainstream TV-ness and more realism, grit and realism. It just feels like a fantasy soap opera. The plot isn't even that interesting. Soap of Thrones. I really find it difficult to watch something with so many soap opera beats.

So Game of thrones has gone in full circle after after season 1. We are now back to beginning of season 2. Just instead of War of Five Kings, now there will be war of 2 Queens and 1 King.

Rigadoon said:
That might be my favorite episode of the whole show.

The Targaryen alliance is getting ridiculous, though. Tyrells and Martells have hated each other for hundreds of years. Everyone hates the Ironborn. Something tells me people won't be very happy when Dany unleashes the Dothraki on Westeros.
The true-born Martells are all dead, though. Ellaria Sand isn't a Martell, and it's been made quite clear that her daughters follow her. She has no reason to hate the Tyrells, AFAIK. The Tyrells are down to one old lady who, while proud, is also grief-stricken. At this point, all she may care about is getting revenge, and it may not really matter to her who she allies herself with in the process. Ironborn... yeah, that might be a problem. Bringing the Dothraki to Westeros, though, was an absolutely terrible idea on Dany's part.

TheFlyingFishy said:
The cooking was just to appease book-readers who were robbed of a better and more contextually relevant scene. I didn't really pay much attention because it felt like a quick little inside-joke. I'd like to know how she managed to kill and cook two grown men, though.
Here's her recipe ripped straight from Westerosi archives.
Season the brothers with salt and black pepper. Brown the meat on both sides in the hot oil, and transfer to a plate. Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the pot, and cook and stir until vegetables start to release their juices, about 3 minutes; loosen any brown flavor bits on the bottom of the pot.

Back
Top Bottom