SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vikingur said:
After watching the season finale, I want to be the Night King and kill all of them.

Exactly what I did. Got so pissed after the last season I grabbed Morgh's editor and added 10.000 White walkers to my party. Now I'm just running over Westeros killing lords one by one. I wish I could dress like the Night King though.

I've lost about 70 WW so far mostly due to the "order the vanguard to place ladders" option in siege. But in battle they never die unless someone has Valyrian Steel/Obsidian weapons. It was funny seeing Jon Snow kill two before he 'died' (he vanishes from the game after you kill Jeor Mormont).

I wanna see what happens If I kill every single lord of a faction while they still have territory. I don't take their castles, the option to plunder and destroy became my best friend.

New patch up.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-world-of-ice-and-fire

V4.3.6

Added hints back to the UI.
Tweaked options settings slightly including default starting options.
Made it explicitly clear that harbours contain no ferries to transport you.
A Northern retinue now comes with Men at Arms instead of Horsemen.
Fixed prison door at Darry
Fixed some prop issues at Frostfangs Camp.
Fixed incorrect banner in Thenn's lords hall.
Wights and Whitewalkers will no longer fight on your side in battles.
Fixed an exploit regarding being able to keep Jon Snow as a companion.
Fixed some minor issues with deserter parties.
Fixed some bandit parties not allowed to enter the sea when they should.
Fixed Targ lords not respawning when they should.
Fixed Typo of Norvos on the faction menu screen.
Added more UI hints.
Fixed issues with Lorath Castle Hall.
Fixed Deepwood Motte needing a siege tower.
Fixed various issues with Deepwood Motte scene.
A few adjustments to castle Cerwyn, plus removed some trees.
Fixed issues at Sunhouse.
Adjusted various troop stats that were incorrect.
Fixed missing parameters on some peasant troops causing them to have incorrect stats.
Various armour changes to troops to be a bit more consistent.
Slightly adjusted some armour values of various gear.

Known issues:

Targaryen lord bug
Unless the Targaryen spawn before around day 150 they may patrol the sea forever. The last update (V4.3.4) 'should'  have fixed this but a new game may need to be started.
Please provide feedback if it is working ok for you on a new game.

Looting issues
If you have trouble looting then make sure your companions are not placed at the bottom of your party.
I am still trying to find as fix for this.

So far I've had only one problem and it's very random crashes with an accompanying message when entering towns.

I'll try and capture a screenshot the next time it happens.

So I have taken and been awarded  Horn Hill as a vassal of the Stormlands. My culture is Stormlander. I noticed that there is a Tarly House Guard but I see no way to recruit them. Is there an option to recruit these troops similar to say, when you take Karhold you can recruit Karstark troops?

So let's see... how to really screw with a starting player? How about let's dump serious wounds on him every other freaking battle. At $300 a shot, you can totally keep them in their place. Should be able to be disabled along with everything else... but it isn't. Horrible. Now I've got to rip this mod apart to fix everything that's screwed up. Oh, well... It's summer time.

Okay. So you find the mod too hard. So you're going to change the mod to make it easier for yourself.

Why do we need to know that? I'm just curious. I have 0 issue with the wound system. The mod creator finds the risk and challenge it creates important for the experience the mod creates to be what he wanted to make. Why people think a mod create or required to cater to them I've never understood.

Good on you though. Please let us know when you've managed to put in 1/1000th the effort involved in actually making your own mod, to deal with this one being too hard for you but otherwise having what you want. I'm sure we're all waiting anxiously for an update on your feelings as the topic is both important and interesting to all of us.

quicksilver67 said:
So let's see... how to really screw with a starting player? How about let's dump serious wounds on him every other freaking battle. At $300 a shot, you can totally keep them in their place. Should be able to be disabled along with everything else... but it isn't. Horrible. Now I've got to rip this mod apart to fix everything that's screwed up. Oh, well... It's summer time.

How about to avoid beeing wounded and not whining about it.
Sorry if you want an easy mod, this is nothing for you.
And if wound system is hard for you, wait for the robber nights and tehir camps  :grin:

It is hard, challenging and sometimes cruel but thats exactly by design :wink:

Haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but I get terrible performance on battle maps, even with just 20 vs 20. I play Pendor, Perisno, etc battles with battle size at 300 with little to no problem.
Using steam version, Windows 10 PC.

Pair of issues in screens
Bay area behind Oldtown is a pathfinding trap, this two fleets, one of which is Lord Hightower, are stuck here seemingly forever
mb1.jpg
Sentences too long for this exact menu scaling
mb2.jpg

a few minor bugs i've got in the last update 4.3.6 :
1. In bar fight against drunk guy, all your bodyguard try to flee and avoid the attacker (they act like civil and not bodyguard).
2. The wed redding : i answer that i'm for the tully and stark but finally don't go to the twins until the end of the wedding. I'm unsure if it's the reason but now i have Robb Stark alive in Winterfell. He stay with is army in the city.

Otherwise it's my opinion, but i think that all arrows except bodkin and dragonglass shouldn't have the piercing abilitie.

Anyhow great mod

Narsil76 said:
a few minor bugs i've got in the last update 4.3.6 :
1. In bar fight against drunk guy, all your bodyguard try to flee and avoid the attacker (they act like civil and not bodyguard).

In the bar fight or getting jumped in town use the same battlefield controls to order your bodyguard to charge, stand ground etc.. They should go after him

An assassin, not a drunk,  came after me in one tavern recently. I ran up to him excited to see a possible new set of troops to hire. When he drew his sword I nearly jumped out of my seat. Scared the hell out of me....woosh...that was new.

Favorite  mod....it's really superb.

I want to thank the creators of this awesome but i also have a bug i couldn't fix and i ask your help!

The gold mine has 2300 guards 'peasants' which costs 4 silver each but in the budget balance it show that the wages from gold mine are like 16K which is almost double the cost

any thoughts?

Well, I loaded up a game on Friday as a Stormlander third tier nobleman from House Wensignton.

I had to emergency make Mya the new noble of Acorn Hill (the Reach took it from the Riverlands) because she was not happy with my companions at all. Since Crastos was turfed a while ago and Gendry was in the party she must hate a couple more people. I got her to 15 STR 15 AGI with some nice but not upgraded armor (like I said, emergency) upgraded gear I stole from myself and my party.

So, Mya hates more than Crastos.

No major bugs I am noticing but I haven't really scratched the surface. To date the Reach destroyed the Riverlands while I was trading up a storm and keeping the Night's Watch full of troops and freeing them from captivity if necessary. I opportunistically declared war on the Reach a few times, well, I don't know if their is a truce timer, but Mace wouldn't accept peace a third time. I just captured him before work this morning so I will see if he is more amenable as a captive.

The mod is difficult but that's okay. I do end up becoming a commander once I get the party started by hopefully doing a drive by on their archers. I can't one man killing machine the way I do in some other mods but helping out where I need to works.

I managed to save Robb, which I did kind of know was a thing, but I never managed it before. Mostly it was because Thoros is a freaking beast, three shields and a masterwork version of that sword of his.

Just make sure you put your infantry in shield wall and standing closer (F4, F5, F2, F4).

I am looking forward to 5, but the mod seems pretty stable to me. Just out of habit I had the grass detail as low, got some weird graphical issue with white triangles everywhere. I have a decent GPU, those went away when I put the detail up to high (thanks internet).

Having played the mod previously but not all the way I knew I didn't have to kill the White Walker group, but boy, did I want to, and boy did I not want my army to die. Stored them in my castle, hired those god forsaken Black Ears and autocomplete for victory! Gave the rest of those devil spawn to the Night's Watch on my way back, hope you like the barbarians Mormont!

Now, the quest I had not done was the Varys questline. Next playthrough I am going to become a vassal or something of Braavos. Sailing over there to see no recruitment available is getting on my last nerve.

I play on the medium difficulty settings for damage and whatnot, and, god if the stars align and I do win a tournament boy do I feel good but having 3 teams should be banned from the list, the team in the middle just gets ganked. 2 or 4 teams works well. Also, I don't know if it's just random, but even when I make to the final, me on foot and the opponent on a horse or vice versa feels broken. Now I have to pull of a heroic move to kill a horse  :neutral:

The one bug I have is my recruiters don't seem to be doing anything, I tell them to recruit Stormlands and they do have a few villages and I am at peace with the Lannisters, straight shot down the King's Road and they just kind of sit right outside my city and then get killed when I go to war. Threw a lot of money down the drain before I realized I would have to do the recruiting. Mostly by taking over castles and freeing Stormlanders.

Another one that's been around for a long time, Relations with the Towns I own keeps going down, I can't buy Beer fast enough to keep them nice and taxes at very low doesn't seem to make them happy either. I don't know if this applies to villages, it's been a while since I had to recruit from them.

I know this isn't this mod's fault, it's warband, hopefully bannerlord will add some ability to make peace or restore a castle you have seized back to it's original owner. Whilst I was weak and busy up North the Riverlands got ganked hard by the Reach, but I wouldn't mind restoring them if I could (without becoming a vassal, a la Stannis and Deepwood Motte in the books).

Also, I have now seized a great many castles of the Reach, and in this war Maidenpool and Saltpans and they will not make peace, but Mace, dude, I got a letter from Mormont! They need me up North. I will give you back all the non Riverlands castle's if you just make PEACE!

I don't know if there is a Truce timer I broke a couple times against them, but I never saw that in any mod or game. Like I would make peace with the Westerlands (their idea), in the other mod and they would attack me like 10 days later again, idiots, every time I took more stuff. So, maybe it's a viking conquest thing.

Writing a short story here I guess. This is also a warband feature I hate. Lord Blackwood of Seaguard and Lord Vance of Maidenpool are the two lords I managed to squirrel away from the Riverlands before Maidenpool was taken by the Reach and the Riverlands lords all disappeared. Too bad, I wanted to recruit the Blackfish and others.

In any case, Vance, Blackwood and myself were venturing down close to Oldtown checkout out the keeps there after capturing Horn Hill. We managed to draw Mace into a fight 719 to 558, epic showdown, the Reach have SOOOOO many mounted units. I have taken to just putting craploads of spearmen into the archer units to keep them safe.

In any case, after the battle we are down to about 500 men between us, Mace is captured. I am starting to head back home when my vassals stop following me and zoom off to go back home themselves. That's fine for Vance, he's heading through territory we already captured and through Lannister and Stormlands lands. Okay, but I madly chase after Blackwood because he's going to zoom right through TWO towns the enemies are hiding in, those being Highgarden and Riverrun. We get through Highgarden but I am lagging behind him, and voila I barely make to a fight outside of Riverrun, 358 v his healed up 201, and I am going to bang in there after work with my 197, mostly of freed riverlander units I managed to rescue taking all these Reach keeps.

Dude, follow me! No, I am busy! Going to suicide through enemy territory by myself! Bye!

I do, before every game in any mod I play do change a few things with Morgh's, primarily archers, archers without a shield get two sets of arrows; less toughness, more offense.

So noticed a couple issues playing as Free Folk -

1. once you join Mance Rayders cause you can't fight the Wildling Raiders - even as they're pillaging your Wildling villages. You can talk to them and it gives you a option to imply that you're going to cannibalize them (because if you're fighting for the Free Folk you're a cannibal, amirite?) but it just goes back to the map. The result is that all the free folk villages are almost constantly recovering from being raided as neither you nor the extant Free Folk 'lords' can/will attack the raiders, who keep raiding your villages.

2. Free Folk troops are more expensive to maintain than comparable level troops from any regular faction, priced more like mercenaries than house troops. Confusing as they're literally using sharpened sticks and bone axes while wearing uncured hides.

The prospect of a Wildling character trying to make it out in the big bad world south of the wall is cool, leading a bunch of lean living bronze age barbarians. However they should be cheaper than house units (significantly) as they're also far weaker at the same level. Also, I need to be able to murder the **** out of those Wildling raiders that keep looting all the Wildling villages.

Also -

Have pledged myself to help Valarr Blackfyre conquer Pentos. If I take any holding from Pentos it leaves me only two options - Plunder the town and leave or devastate the town and leave. I've said he should keep it for himself and I also said he can defer the decision for another time. Made no difference - My options are 'Plunder and leave' or 'Devastate and leave'.

I've been playing this mod for a while. King Robb Stark just died at the red wedding but after that when i went to Winterfell, King Robb and his army still there. You can't talk with him properly, he never move or doing something but he still exists. He is like a zombi. What is the reason of that? Is that a bug or something else?

Mangon said:
I've been playing this mod for a while. King Robb Stark just died at the red wedding but after that when i went to Winterfell, King Robb and his army still there. You can't talk with him properly, he never move or doing something but he still exists. He is like a zombi. What is the reason of that? Is that a bug or something else?

What version of the mod are you playing?

Back
Top Bottom