SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

incas said:
There is still this bug: Enlist with a lord that sieges a fief. If he wins, he'll be sieged again as defender with the rest of his allies as attacker. The lord and the player are screwed.
Edit: Here is a save where it happens. https://www.sendspace.com/file/6o2smt
Get yourself knocked out as soon as that happens and TAB out. Then you get too wounded to fight option. Its a workaround atleast.

P.S. GOOOOO PRODUNOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Produno can I suggest a couple of things?

The main menu music... upon loading a save, it is always being reverted to. Its obnoxious and pretty bad.

Overall the music in the mod more often than not actually takes away from the experience rather than enhancing it. Would it be possible to add locational music? I've seen it done in some mods such as Renaissance or Hispania 1200 where muslim music would play whilst traversing muslim lands.

I believe that the mod lacks appropriate travelling music, particularly whilst traversing the cold, uncharted, frozen lands beyond the wall. Some intense creepy music would add to the experience.

I'd also suggest a cloudier, darker skybox for the campaign map. The current one is too bright.

-SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD-

I remember encountering the White Walkers for the first time and being in awe at how lifelike and genuinely scary the model looked. Is it different now, or have I just randomly gotten a different white walker in the encounter?

YourStepDad said:
Praise the lawd! :grin:

EDIT:

Little something to honor the release:

Erm.. beautiful. Maybe that should be the new main menu theme for the mod  :iamamoron:

kokemen said:
Did not you add any Lord or Settlement from the list I gave you long ago on the forums? :sad:

This update was just about fixing bugs and balancing items. The next update will contain some new lords and settlements  :mrgreen:

incas said:
There is still this bug: Enlist with a lord that sieges a fief. If he wins, he'll be sieged again as defender with the rest of his allies as attacker. The lord and the player are screwed.

Thanks, i will check it out.

YourStepDad said:
Produno can I suggest a couple of things?

The main menu music... upon loading a save, it is always being reverted to. Its obnoxious and pretty bad.

Overall the music in the mod more often than not actually takes away from the experience rather than enhancing it. Would it be possible to add locational music? I've seen it done in some mods such as Renaissance or Hispania 1200 where muslim music would play whilst traversing muslim lands.

I believe that the mod lacks appropriate travelling music, particularly whilst traversing the cold, uncharted, frozen lands beyond the wall. Some intense creepy music would add to the experience.

I'd also suggest a cloudier, darker skybox for the campaign map. The current one is too bright.

-SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD-

I remember encountering the White Walkers for the first time and being in awe at how lifelike and genuinely scary the model looked. Is it different now, or have I just randomly gotten a different white walker in the encounter?

Hmm, the music should already be locational. I think one of the problems is its hard coded as far as i can tell to only 6 different locations.

The white walkers before did not show the textures correctly, this has now been fixed, but there are several different types.

incas said:
Is it intended that there is no stamina regeneration in the arena?

No not intended, i will check this out. Thanks.

incas said:

It looks like the allies try and attack the castle defenders, which it places you in. Do you have a save before the initial siege for me to check?

produno said:
incas said:

It looks like the allies try and attack the castle defenders, which it places you in. Do you have a save before the initial siege for me to check?

Unfortunately no. That was on realistic and both save and backup where right before the bug.

I have another game going on normal saves and I already had this bug happen again. Will save more often and see if I catch it better.

I visited some of the castle. But why is it that the dragonstone is a town instead of a castle? Another one is the white walker a little bit scary but not on the lore. I edited my hero to beat them one by one I put up 30 All stats but the problem is I was hit with a single blow by a normal one. I would agree if their leader could do it. Do you have any costumize troops? One more thing I think it is much better that the wall would be a blockage, I mean the free folk and the white walker cannot pass the wall until a certain quest ends. Though the unsullied were overpowered but I know it would be killed easily by the white walkers. I think its fair. Good mod actually but it needs a lot of improvements on some scenes.. Two thumbs up on the eyrie.. I LOVE IT. Well you fill my 20 minutes of downloading your mod. Great mod actually if some of the ACOK features would be available in this mode it would be great. There was a bug that I've encountered lately I forgot to screenshot it. It all about the the quest on the tavern.

This mod still has the problem of armor not mattering too much. I thought that adjusting item stats would have fixed this as well, but I guess the problem doesn't lay in the items.

I get one shot in tournaments and two shot in battle if im lucky in just about all circumstances, whereas that seems to work differently for the AI. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. I play on the highest damage received but it should still not play out this way.

My weapons also seem vastly underpowered. Enemies take a good far blows, even two sometimes with highest speed on horseback, whereas one blow is enough to take me down from the horse in any situation.

YourStepDad said:
This mod still has the problem of armor not mattering too much. I thought that adjusting item stats would have fixed this as well, but I guess the problem doesn't lay in the items.

I get one shot in tournaments and two shot in battle if im lucky in just about all circumstances, whereas that seems to work differently for the AI. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. I play on the highest damage received but it should still not play out this way.

My weapons also seem vastly underpowered. Enemies take a good far blows, even two sometimes with highest speed on horseback, whereas one blow is enough to take me down from the horse in any situation.

I think the default hero damage settings make tournaments a lot more difficult. Have you lowered them? I'm personally not sure if they make the game better or not. I think heroes and lords should be good, but the player is too gimped in comparison on default settings.

---
Two issues I found:
-Sarsfield castle siege attackers only use the first of the three ladders.
-Stormlands House Knights use cheaper and worse body armor than Stormland Knights.

Hey, just wanted to suggest something though i am not sure if it has been already in the past, but i am going to do it anyway. So, since you're able to create your own House and eventually your own 'Kingdom', would it be possible for the player to be able to create a custom troop tree that's based on the region of the faction he's serving/ruling? Something like the Boltons for example. Would be nice to see something like that, unless it's already there, which i'm not sure. Thanks in advance!

I've decided to help Ser Janis Lyren and he was in my party for a while, but now he has just disappeared. :sad:

Where should I look for him? He's not at the inn or anywhere. I haven't once been captured. Where could he have vanished?

YourStepDad said:
I've decided to help Ser Janis Lyren and he was in my party for a while, but now he has just disappeared. :sad:

Where should I look for him? He's not at the inn or anywhere. I haven't once been captured. Where could he have vanished?

probably MIA

YourStepDad said:

:cry: Alas! :cry: Poor Ser Janis Lyren! I knew him, Horatio ... :dead:
He is NOT a non-killable companion. :shock:
I Found that out the hard way. :facepalm:
Fortunately, it was a smallish battle, so I found his "death notice" in the "recent messages", so at least I knew where he went. :???:
Now I either put him in the last position, or put off the quest.
If I have him with me , and he dies ... well, that's why I have multiple saves, right? :mrgreen:

Hehe, thing is, I don't think he died on my save. He was just gone.

He just vanished, but I was able to complete the quest.

Does ser Janis stay with you or make a comment if he is with you while you colonize Quarthigar? Just wonder if I missed something.

Is there a way to keep him after? He's quite the badass, would have loved to make him a vassal.

YourStepDad said:
Hehe, thing is, I don't think he died on my save. He was just gone.

He just vanished, but I was able to complete the quest.

That's weird. Maybe he just passed on his deed to the castle? :???:

YourStepDad said:
Does ser Janis stay with you or make a comment if he is with you while you colonize Quarthigar? Just wonder if I missed something.

Is there a way to keep him after? He's quite the badass, would have loved to make him a vassal.

He does remain with your party. There's a little bit of dialog when you're working on Quarthigar, but you can't make him a vassal. :sad:

Where's the changelog?

Meh... new game required. :/ :sad:

There's no chance old saves are partially compatible is there?

EDIT:

I'd like to point out a rather large bug, though this may only be happening in Quarthigar - my recruiters do not go anywhere. I've heard other people report the same thing. They are just stuck at the castle and do not move anywhere. At all.

The mercenary captain that you hire does not join you in a siege..

EDIT:

Can you please do something about survivability in the next patch?

There is virtually no difference in survivability between an unarmored level 1 and an armored level 21. Armor is near completely useless.

EVERYTHING kills you in 1-2 hits, and you're lucky if you can kill a peasant with one sword blow to the face.

Something should be done about the damage inflicted as well, because with even the top tier weapons (not counting valyrian) no troop, unarmored or not, dies with one blow to the face. Only at top speed from horseback... if you're lucky.

This seriously hurts the mod. It leads to so many annoying situations. You never feel like you grow in power. Its a serious flaw of the mod's design and functionality.

Back
Top Bottom