SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

@yourstepdad

Try turning off HDR. I may release a version without most of the shaders as I suspect these are the reason for the crashes.

Iadded the option to change from static in the reports menu for now. It will only show if you are already in static wars mode.

stevehoos said:
Mod is bugged beyond playable, great mod though.

What bugs are you experiencing that makes it beyond playable?

I have a question related to Static Wars:

Had a nice game rising from a nobody to a lord.
I helped Varys for the Targaryen invasion. They were supported by Dorne and Reach.
Westerland and Iron Islands were eliminated before.
I conquered a castle and joined Targaryen.

Now it is about Day 700 and literally nothing happens...
The Reach controls the Crownlands including Kings Landing, Riverlands took over the West and Stormlands are divided between Reach and Dorne.
Targaryen rules the Islands around Dragonstone and parts of Crownlands.

Is this now a game over?
Do the Targaryen not try to conquer all of Westeros especially Kings Landing?

Also, why were the Westerlands on their own?
Shouldn't there be support from the Reach?
There was only a scripted event where the concluded a trade agreement, but no real alliance...

Nice mod, love everything except siege.
The rest is awesome, I also prefer money mechanic since this update. And some nice features added, I enjoyed playing it !
However... To win you need to capture castles.. and it's almost impossible here.
Huge fixes to make or you simply can't play the game.
Siege is totally bugged.
When you siege a castle, if you fell unconscient, you cannot withdraw from battle. you are stuck on the battlefield, if you press tab, it says : "unable to retreat, ennemies nearby". So the battle never ends, happens to me all the time if your troops loses, the battle will never end, you can't leave at all.  This is a major problem, the game is just unplayable, you need to win all battle sieges !
I play with no saving and having to leave using ALT+F4 disrupts game experience.
Which brings me to how I end up losing sieges :grin:
This is because during siege, you lose too many mens, mechanics are totally unbalanced.. I lost more than 200 men by waiting 8 days for them to hunger. Then they forced their way out and kicked my ass cause im losing men for nothing on random events.. Unrealistic and unpleasant to lose this number of men for nothing, this is a siege, how can ennemies get out, kill 30 men and lose 1 ?? I know you can't controll everything, but losing some of your best soldiers because they burn your food or protections or equipement ? No. If they force their way out and fail they should lose many men, this would be the risk they take.
Anyway, when on some event you're noticed they're coming, you try to ambush them, you get on the battlefield and get camera problem. There is both camera and controll of the character on battlefield, making the camera get mad when you move your mouse. This is minor bug but siege mechanics needs to be completely rework nonetheless.

Edited : added picture of the problem. You can see I got rekt by Lannisters and the crossbowmen killed me. I'm still on death cam but can't leave, I tried getting far away from ennemies but doesn't work.
For devs to fix : when I get knocked out, I get the normal writing at the bottom left that says "press tab to leave", but when I do, it says unable to retreat. Never tried pressing tab instantly though. GL !

Tyson_48 said:
Is this now a game over?
Do the Targaryen not try to conquer all of Westeros especially Kings Landing?

Also, why were the Westerlands on their own?
Shouldn't there be support from the Reach?
There was only a scripted event where the concluded a trade agreement, but no real alliance...

You're making too much sense dude. This is a well noted issue. The westerlands and the reach should be in an alliance but, no. And yes, its weird how the targaryens dont go after Kings landing. its actually cringing to be exact. and I also never understood the point of the "Lord petyr Balish concludes" whatever it is he concludes when it literally has no impact on nothing....at all. But yeah I believe the Dev knows all this. Will changes be made? Your guess is as good as mine.

A little feedback

1: I really dislike how ships are implemented, say you have a ship in city A, go to land and stay there for a while hiring some troops, try to go back to your ship and you can't because of too many troops in your party then you try to go to the "See ships" menu option and there are no ships for sale so then you go to city B, buy a ship but still can't move any of the two ships you own in different cities. The whole embarking and disembarking feels clunky as well and I think the system other mods implement where you can just sail anywhere is better.

2: So I fell for an ambush/trap in Braavos and spent the last 20+ minutes searching for the people who were supposed to attack me, found and killed like 4 but the rest are nowhere to be seen. Also can't leave using tab ("Cannot leave now."). Those ambushes are pretty much a nightmare in any big city, just happened in kings landing and you just can't find the dudes and they won't find you either.

3: AI path finding in some sieges is really bad (like Moat Cailin), they fail(?) to see the arch entrance and stay outside doing nothing

Everything else seems to be working fine and the custom locations look great.

This mod is fantastic! Great questlines and great additions!

Couple of suggestion for future features presents in different mods
1) enable the minimap to be displayed always
2) add health bars!! very necessary sometimes to avoid friendly fire or in arena :smile:
3) add the ability to have your companion loot the field and sell in the city
4) create new castles in addition to old valyria? some parts of the map are very empty, it would be great if you could populate them

Thank you very much for this mod!
I'm playing non stop!

I've played the mod and got quite into it, the entire experience was quite grand, before several substantial bugs and frustrations put me off it for now. Along the way I noticed some oddities that also took away from my game experience. This thread is going to be used to report said oddities, propose suggestions and ask questions all, in no order in particular.

One of my biggest gripes: equipment variety and some odd design choices
I've noticed this as I played; while the equipment used by troops themselves is of stunning quality, the effect of this gets reduced when you notice that the variety in equipment (and facial codes) between soldiers is lacking.

*Far too many soldiers across way too many factions do not have helmets that could help remedy this. Riverlands is a great example.
*Different types of troops still have very much the same-ish looking equipment. The prime examples of this are the Westerlands, the North and the Riverlands. The amazing addition of house troops remedies this somewhat.. but only when they are present.
*A more specific example of this is Westerlands Freeriders. They all come equipped exactly the same, and all have those hideous looking vanilla arming caps/leather caps. I hated that unit because of it.
*Another specific example of this are the wildlings. They look cool, yeah, but they all have that one coat that looks exactly the same, and the same spear and shield all over. They are desperately in need of being and looking less uniform.
*Why do faction knights not have lances? The knights are already not as tanky as they should be in my opinion. Taking the lances away from them makes them less specialized and less awesome still. Less powerful too. Robber Knights have them, but Stormlanders knights for example do not.
*The problem of outriders/freeriders/squires. The aforementioned brings me to another problem. Why is the game dominated by weak light cavalry that do not have a shield? I get that they are supposed to represent light cavalry and they are well represented, but I feel that without heavy, lance equipped knights, they just provide the same, less cooler and weaker versions of knights that would be much more interesting in their stead, if they served as a cheap alternative to them. This is especially true with the Westerlands. Westerlands have freeriders and squires, which I have to confess I think both are far too uniform and as such a little hideous to me, and they serve more or less the same purpose, but this brings me to the next issue.
*Why don't the Westerlands have any knights? They have squires, so why no knights? I hate to say it here, but I miss the contrast of ACOK's pigface bascinet & transitional half-plate equipped knights. They served as a nice contrast to a faction that has its troops equipped in almost entirely the same manner. I don't think it would hurt if you added Westerlands knights of sorts that looked more or less akin to this: 
Half_plate_armor_front.jpg
Not a strict representation of what I meant, but it comes quite close.
*I feel that a bit too many troops rely on a sword and shield. Once again I hate to say it, but ACOK handled this well, making more troops into halberdiers, hammermen, glaiviers, macemen. I'm very much glad that you make full use of spearmen, unlike acok. The game should still be dominated by sword & shield/spear & shield type of troop imo, but a few more specialized troops wouldn't hurt.
*I feel that villagers, townsmen, troops, guild masters, the special npcs and any and all NPCs overall could use a better distribution of clothing and equipment. Walking into the tavern and seeing this odd recruiter or gambler hailing from here and there wearing cool garb would make the venture a little more interesting. Some of the companions could use a little more interesting equipment to start with as well (as opposed to vanilla equipment that for example Podrick starts out with. Anyway, to whichever town I go there's npcs wearing remnants of Brytenwalda's plainest of cloths. Looks out of place and a bit ugly. My point is that, and I can tell by how many items I have encountered in the game, that the mod has so much stunning equipment, it just isn't well distributed or is unused by troops.
*Why do the Riverlands have round shields? I think kite shields would be better, or at least a different model of the round shield. The current one is from vanilla and looks distinctly Norse, making it out of place and rather ugly.
*Taverns. I think vanilla tavern interiors would work better than those from VC that we have in most places. While they look appropriate and excellent in the North, seeing wooden longhalls down South and in the Westerlands just feels weird. Especially the one in King's Landing. So out of place.
*Bows. Its incredibly hard to develop skill with the bow, as your character shoots it like a child with muscle atrophy even when you get a good bow and get power draw to a respectable level. The skill just seldom goes up.
*Projectile speed. I appreciate that the bows are not as accurate as they are in most mods, but the projectile speed still seems strange. Bolts should definitely fly faster and so too should the arrows.

*Last but not least, Renown. Why am I having such a hard time earning renown from battles? I'm glad I start with a substantial renown advantage as a noble, its refreshing, but if I join or even initiate battles where I get reinforcements and WIN. Say a 300 vs 300 battle, of which I compromise about 70 men and myself. We win and I get no renown whatsoever. I can only get it from hunting bandits and winning tournaments, as well as completing quests, or fighting a single lord's party with my own.. Is it because I'm a mercenary? I won't lie, this kind of hinders my will to play, that and bugs. Is the way you earn renown here actually different, or is something wrong?

This compromises most of my gripes with the mod. I adore your mod and think its amazing, but I do think there's room for improvement and even creativity without going outright against the lore.

Anyway, I posted these on your forums too, just in case.

Guys...this is a super embarrassing question that might've been asked and answered before, but please forgive me. Uhh...the game loads alright but then it gets to the menu picture WITHOUT the menu. You know, the one with all the wildlings (I think?) in the snow, and a focus towards the guy in the fur-hood and the spear? However, there's no start a new game, or options, or custom battle, or anything. Just a picture of wildlings in the snow. Help?

Hi. I'd like to know if is there any guide about the character creation that helps me to know what stats/skills/resources each trait (gender, father, religion, etc) gives me.

Thanks for help.

I've experienced the same things than Akramhar, not founding attacking thiefs in the cities and i agree too on the boat thing. I 100 % agree with YourStepDad, items are here and are magnificient for most: you just have to use them well and troop trees just need a little rework, also why so many Westerlanders have this bald haircut like monks ^^

With a little bit more polishing the mod could be one the best ever on Warband.

Every units should have at least two version of helms and why not armors, it would make 2 or 4 different outfits.

Exemple : The Visored Bascinet helm could be added to items pool of Vale Knights it would fit perfectly well (if you need i can slightly change the armor colour): like that Vale knights could have two differents helmets and could have more diversity, in same spirit you could add Ser Vardis armor to the item pool.

Another thing I notice: it would be great to be able to use the iron bank to deposit and get interests! :smile:

Ahhhhhhhhh I just noticed something super important that is missing : the exchange fiefs feature!

Hey Produno, what do you say about adding in More Metal Sounds?

Its in ACOK, although by no means a making of Cozur, the inclusion of it is pretty smart. Hearing troops walking or even the player walking with mail clanking, as well as the horse trotting and blades clashing, feels a lot more satisfying and appropriate in the late middle ages.

I think its more fitting than the current sounds made for a Dark Age mod full of clubs, axes and not very much armor. What do you think? I think it could enhance the mod substantially in feel. I noticed that there's something missing when I'm freelancing, and i think it was precisely the sound of mail clanking, not that its very quiet in ACOK mind you, but in AWOIAF it sounds like lightly armored troops or clothed troops treading in snow or mud, making the entire army quite silent as it marches, which takes away from the experience a little bit.

While the hero's in lord armies are a nice immersion feature they are pretty frustrating when hosting feasts, you often cant fit all lords in a single castle and having half the castle taken up by useless characters when trying to speak to all your lords is pretty annoying, also I would move the spawn point for the red keep having to walk the entire length of the room just to speak to a single npc is pretty annoying, fortunately I could fix that with edit mode.

And you still continue to add more LODS to make the overall game run even better. Everything runs flawless, now. Graphically surpassing even Viking Conquest in many areas, while maintaining 1/3 more fps while everything is happening. Forests no longer kill my FPS, and the overview map is butter smooth, too. You're amazing, man. AWOIAF and L'Aigle are undeniable in proving the importance of optimization.

I know I have suggested enough, but I have just one more..

I've posted this main menu tweak (game_variables.txt) some time ago, but I don't think you've had a chance to see it. Would you consider giving it a try? You might like it; it tidies up everything, and centers the interactive buttons for maximum readability. If you do like it, and want to include it in the next update, feel free - no need to give any credit to me. :wink:

I made this tweak back when AWOIAF was ~ version 2.0, I think.  I just copied over the code and it carried over into the most current version fine.

Screenshot:

JE97Sfj.jpg

Code:

initial_tutorial_button_position_x = -0.25
initial_tutorial_button_position_y = 0.48
initial_tutorial_button_size_x = -1
initial_tutorial_button_size_y = -1
initial_tutorial_button_text_size_x = -1
initial_tutorial_button_text_size_y = -1
initial_tutorial_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_tutorial_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_tutorial_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFFFFDD00

initial_start_new_game_button_position_x = 0.405
initial_start_new_game_button_position_y = 0.48
initial_start_new_game_button_size_x = 0.185
initial_start_new_game_button_size_y = 0.031
initial_start_new_game_button_text_size_x = 0.022
initial_start_new_game_button_text_size_y = 0.030
initial_start_new_game_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_start_new_game_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_start_new_game_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFF3EE263

initial_resume_game_button_position_x = 0.405
initial_resume_game_button_position_y = 0.44
initial_resume_game_button_size_x = 0.185
initial_resume_game_button_size_y = 0.031
initial_resume_game_button_text_size_x = 0.022
initial_resume_game_button_text_size_y = 0.030
initial_resume_game_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_resume_game_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_resume_game_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFF3EE263

initial_multiplayer_button_position_x = 0.254
initial_multiplayer_button_position_y = 0.067
initial_multiplayer_button_size_x = -1
initial_multiplayer_button_size_y = -1
initial_multiplayer_button_text_size_x = -1
initial_multiplayer_button_text_size_y = -1
initial_multiplayer_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_multiplayer_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_multiplayer_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFFFFDD00

initial_custom_battle_button_position_x = 0.405
initial_custom_battle_button_position_y = 0.40
initial_custom_battle_button_size_x = 0.185
initial_custom_battle_button_size_y = 0.031
initial_custom_battle_button_text_size_x = 0.022
initial_custom_battle_button_text_size_y = 0.030
initial_custom_battle_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_custom_battle_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_custom_battle_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFF3EE263

initial_options_button_position_x = 0.405
initial_options_button_position_y = 0.36
initial_options_button_size_x = 0.185
initial_options_button_size_y = 0.031
initial_options_button_text_size_x = 0.022
initial_options_button_text_size_y = 0.030
initial_options_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_options_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_options_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFFEEDD63

initial_credits_button_position_x = 0.405
initial_credits_button_position_y = 0.32
initial_credits_button_size_x = 0.185
initial_credits_button_size_y = 0.031
initial_credits_button_text_size_x = 0.022
initial_credits_button_text_size_y = 0.030
initial_credits_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_credits_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_credits_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFF3EE263

initial_quit_button_position_x = 0.405
initial_quit_button_position_y = 0.28
initial_quit_button_size_x = 0.185
initial_quit_button_size_y = 0.025
initial_quit_button_text_size_x = 0.022
initial_quit_button_text_size_y = 0.030
initial_quit_button_text_flags = 0x10
initial_quit_button_text_color = 0xFF110000
initial_quit_button_highlight_text_color = 0xFFF3645A

initial_game_logo_position_x = 0.045
initial_game_logo_position_y = 0.54
initial_game_logo_size_x = 0.2
initial_game_logo_size_y = 0.07

initial_version_info_position_x = 0.95
initial_version_info_position_y = 0.720
initial_version_info_text_size_x = 0.016
initial_version_info_text_size_y = 0.016
game_menu_top_width = 0.52 #change menu width original 0.1 # change up
game_menu_width = 0.49 #change menu width original 0.65 Ideal 0.48. Change down
initial_version_info_text_flags = 0x200
initial_version_info_text_color = 0xFF3EE263

*wow, so many typos and mistakes here. Was I drunk when I posted this..?

I don `t know why I can not leave pictures, Flawless does not correctly display the legs. https://imgur.com/a/WaSnc
WaSnc

Hey guys,

I started playing with this (seemingly awesome) mod yesterday and I'm afraid I've already been affected by a bug. :/ To put it shortly: when I accept a "Find a fugitive"/"Bounty hunter" type of quest, the fugitive I find in the given location is not the one I'm supposed to find. The dialogue in the village goes as usual, I kill him but his name is different than in the quest description and thus the quest giver doesn't do anything when I come back to him to collect the bounty. I think I know what has caused the quest to break but I have no idea how to fix it. If you have any idea what to do, please help me. Here's what's happened step by step:
1. I accepted a quest in a town, found the fugitive in the nearby village and collected the bounty.
2. Then I got another quest for a different guy in the same village, from the same town. I went there but the guy turned out to be stronger than me and knocked me unconscious... It was my first day of playing with the mod after a long break from Mount and Blade and I had clearly forgotten how to fight so I loaded the last save and went back to the village to try again (which I assume was what broke the game for me). I found the guy but he looked different and had the wrong name. :/ There was no other suspicious guy around and I only had this one bounty quest active. I killed him anyway and went back to the quest giver but he acted like nothing had happened (only "no progress/cancel" dialogue options available). I went to the village again, the guy was there, clearly resurrected, still with the wrong name, though - seemed to be stuck there. Killing him again didn't change anything.
3. I went back to a previous save, made BEFORE I even got the second bounty quest. Some time happened, I went to the town and I got another bounty quest but in a distant village this time and for a completely different guy. I accepted, got to that distant village after some time and... it was still the wrong guy (Carsa something instead of Horsa the Minstrel, I believe, but I don't think the name matters). The village folk don't even get mad at me for killing him so I know the quest giver won't give a damn either. :/

I play the game on Steam. If you have any suggestion of a file I could edit or anything else I could do to fix it, I'd be very grateful.

uczalka said:
Hey guys,

I started playing with this (seemingly awesome) mod yesterday and I'm afraid I've already been affected by a bug. :/ To put it shortly: when I accept a "Find a fugitive"/"Bounty hunter" type of quest, the fugitive I find in the given location is not the one I'm supposed to find. The dialogue in the village goes as usual, I kill him but his name is different than in the quest description and thus the quest giver doesn't do anything when I come back to him to collect the bounty. I think I know what has caused the quest to break but I have no idea how to fix it. If you have any idea what to do, please help me. Here's what's happened step by step:
1. I accepted a quest in a town, found the fugitive in the nearby village and collected the bounty.
2. Then I got another quest for a different guy in the same village, from the same town. I went there but the guy turned out to be stronger than me and knocked me unconscious... It was my first day of playing with the mod after a long break from Mount and Blade and I had clearly forgotten how to fight so I loaded the last save and went back to the village to try again (which I assume was what broke the game for me). I found the guy but he looked different and had the wrong name. :/ There was no other suspicious guy around and I only had this one bounty quest active. I killed him anyway and went back to the quest giver but he acted like nothing had happened (only "no progress/cancel" dialogue options available). I went to the village again, the guy was there, clearly resurrected, still with the wrong name, though - seemed to be stuck there. Killing him again didn't change anything.
3. I went back to a previous save, made BEFORE I even got the second bounty quest. Some time happened, I went to the town and I got another bounty quest but in a distant village this time and for a completely different guy. I accepted, got to that distant village after some time and... it was still the wrong guy (Carsa something instead of Horsa the Minstrel, I believe, but I don't think the name matters). The village folk don't even get mad at me for killing him so I know the quest giver won't give a damn either. :/

I play the game on Steam. If you have any suggestion of a file I could edit or anything else I could do to fix it, I'd be very grateful.

That happens to me also sometimes.
Usually you only have to reenter the scene and kill the villain again. In very rare cases the third victim is the quest subject, but that is very rare...
Most of the time the first or second triggers the quest to be successfully.

BUT I still have the issue, also with the latest version, that the game crashes after about an hour of gameplay. It begins to lag and a few seconds later freeze to death!
The whole hour before everything runs smoothly and then (sometimes after 2-3 hours) it happens.
Even if i quit the game and restart, it doesn't help! Then the lag and freeze happens after 2-3minutes.

Only solution is the reboot the PC and then i can play for about an hour (or 2-3) again.
Kills immersion...

Back
Top Bottom