SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Greyjoy Showcase:

The Seastone Chair:
The Seastone Chair is the ancient throne of the Iron Islands, used as the throne by Kings of the Iron Islands.
The throne is located on a dais, in the Great Hall of the Great Keep on Pyke. It is made of a block of oily black stone carved into the shape of a kraken. The legend says that it was found by the First Men on the shores of Old Wyk when they came to the Iron Islands
cf47.jpg
The Seastone Chair is a Scene prop with 1870 Polygons, 2805 Edges and 949 Verticles

Second Version, more appealing to book description, and with a seat in a more "non-euclydian style" befitting R'lyeh architecture:
8fdb.jpg

Which do you like most?. Of course, any suggestions of improvement are welcome for both models.

Grey King's Halls:
Nagga's ribs became the beams and pillars and her jaws the throne. According to legend, the Hall had been warmed by Nagga's living fire and on the walls hung tapestries made of silver seaweed. The men sworn to the Grey King ate at a table shaped like a large starfish while seated on thrones made from mother-of-pearl. Upon the Grey King's death, the Storm God snuffed out Nagga's fire and the sea stole the throne.
f4l.png

The image is a Map Icon, but every part of it, columns and walls, are scene props, thus making the whole map icon with a total of 201962 Polygons, 307098 Edges , 105204 Verticles. Columns are based on the R'lyeh description of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. And so shall be the Greyjoy architecture in the days to come.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Greyjoy Showcase:

The Seastone Chair:
The Seastone Chair is the ancient throne of the Iron Islands, used as the throne by Kings of the Iron Islands.
The throne is located on a dais, in the Great Hall of the Great Keep on Pyke. It is made of a block of oily black stone carved into the shape of a kraken. The legend says that it was found by the First Men on the shores of Old Wyk when they came to the Iron Islands
cf47.jpg
The Seastone Chair is a Scene prop with 1870 Polygons, 2805 Edges and 949 Verticles

Second Version, more appealing to book description, and with a seat in a more "non-euclydian style" befitting R'lyeh architecture:
8fdb.jpg

Which do you like most?. Of course, any suggestions of improvement are welcome for both models.

Grey King's Halls:
Nagga's ribs became the beams and pillars and her jaws the throne. According to legend, the Hall had been warmed by Nagga's living fire and on the walls hung tapestries made of silver seaweed. The men sworn to the Grey King ate at a table shaped like a large starfish while seated on thrones made from mother-of-pearl. Upon the Grey King's death, the Storm God snuffed out Nagga's fire and the sea stole the throne.
f4l.png

The image is a Map Icon, but every part of it, columns and walls, are scene props, thus making the whole map icon with a total of 201962 Polygons, 307098 Edges , 105204 Verticles. Columns are based on the R'lyeh description of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. And so shall be the Greyjoy architecture in the days to come.

Dude that's pretty ******* awesome! :grin:

Then it's going to be changed. Such a pity though, that non-euclydean architecture gets so high polygons...

EDIT: Removed the 20 pillars in it's centre, and I reduced it to 4814 Polygons, 7221 Edges and 2433 Verticles.

I personally prefer the 1st seastone chair as it feels more like a throne. The second one makes me think of a garden chair my grandma would own. Perhaps if the lower half had a square base?

Just installed the mod. Map looks really nice. I do have one problem though, sometimes  i get the error:
couldnt load textures crossroads_inn.dds

Started a new game, got the same rgl warning, but the warnings stopped after the initial opening bandit scene. After leaving the merchants house i got the messages, until i got the '''welcome to westeros'' popup screen. After that i didnt have anymore warnings.
Nope got another one.
:cry:

Already sent my work to produno. It includes also, from what's not shown here:
-Some Banners
-Rickard Karstark's Armor
-The Throne Room of the Red Keep(a new model of it, looks better.

Arakhs are not included as I will rework them reworked them after I uploaded the zip to produno...
EDIT:
oomx.jpg

produno said:
Hertog Jan said:
Just installed the mod. Map looks really nice. I do have one problem though, sometimes  i get the error:
couldnt load textures crossroads_inn.dds

Started a new game, got the same rgl warning, but the warnings stopped after the initial opening bandit scene. After leaving the merchants house i got the messages, until i got the '''welcome to westeros'' popup screen. After that i didnt have anymore warnings.
Nope got another one.
:cry:

Yeah it seems the texture hasnt loaded properly, im now doing a fix and will upload that. Thanks for playing and reporting.

And im in the process of making a much better map :smile:.

new download here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=273240.msg6528098#msg6528098
Now thats a quick fix, works perfect now.

Looking forward to new map and Wulfgharns stuff! :smile:

Please bare in mind their will be a script error a while into the game regarding relationships or courting. This is due to not having the ladies and relationships in proper order yet. I shall have this complete including all the extra lords for v0.3

Also any bugs concerning the current release could you please post them here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,273240.0.html (in the download thread).

I want to try and keep this thread for progress and development, or ideas related to this.

Thanks.

I wish you good luck, but I would also suggest you to employ some more... systematic approach in planning and developing the mod. For example, the idea to focus first on Westeros and then on Essos sounds very right.

As for the Dothraki, I absolutely support the pro-Pendor model as them being warbands eventually uniting in Khalassars and spawning raiding\outriding parties and etc. To make my input, I would remind you that there is a feature of hiring the whole 'mercenary' armies, which is broadly used in different mods including Pendor. Thus, playing for Dothraki may be realised as having their army following your character and fighting for him, which can be achieved by completeng some big and tough quest, for example.

And as for Dothraki pillaging cities not conquering them - yes, cities and villages maybe, but not castles. I think there might be no castles at Essos at all - may the loremasters correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume that the oriental culture of Essos, unlike Westeros, may be assuming villages and rich and independent cities, but no castles. For there was a direct statement in both books and series, that the Dothraki are helpless against stone fortification and can only raid countryside. As a solution for Essos, some of the minor cities may be made castle-like small and relatively easy to capture, but not so good fortified either.

As for Dothraki not being able to cross the sea, I would rather support that. I too think that it would be immense-breaking is they can sail - one shouldn't be able to ship the whole khalassar with their horses and etc., not even mentioning their disability to take castles (which may take more coding if Dothraki would ever be allowed to Westeros. It would be much effort-saving to leave them in Essos where there would be no castles).

Okay, I'm done woth the Dothraki, so here are some other ideas. :grin: G. Martin frequently mentions such medieval social 'classes' as hedge (landless) knights, freeriders, sellswords. When the first may be made companions, the second and third would be mercenaries, indeed. And I would also derive some kind of Braavosi sellswords and such. And, oh, the player should be definitely be able to play as a hedge-knight and even as a sellsword - maybe some tweaking of the Freelancer mod may make it feasible.

I do like the idea of Dothraki the same as the mercs in pop. But their is other priorities ATM, so in the future something like this will possibly happen. As for crossing the sea, i too would prefer it if they were unable to cross the sea. Maybe if you had said mercernaries following you and you had very high persuasion you could do 'roll of the dice' to see how many would follow you or defect.

ie, you have Dothraki following you, you go to cross the water. A menu pops up where you speak to the Dothraki. You can then try and pursuade them to cross with you, the higher your persuasion the more will follow you (must be high in the first place). The ones that dont follow you would maybe cause a battle to erupt. Just an idea.

Hedge Knights we can certainly add as companions. And freeriders and sellswords will be added as mercs, inc some from the free cities.

As for the freelancer idea, again if it is implemented it wont be a for a while yet.

Please remember their is only 3 of working on this, thane - scene props,  cbowd36 - 3d models, me - pretty much every thing else inc scenes (wink wink nudge nudge) heheh :smile:

posted this in the other thread already, but just wanted to make sure  I reached you guys  :wink:

Hey guys,

I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones and have done quite a bit concerning 2D artwork for mods and such. If I could help you guys out in any way, please let me know!

Ok, so a preview of what ive been working on for the past couple of days.

8jqv.jpg

7y05.jpg

The landscape still needs to be finished plus i want to try and add more detail and tidy it up a little bit more. Obviously the islands still need to be finished.

This map is much much bigger than the previous one, but im hoping it will be the samr amount of vertices. It should alos be alot prettier and possibly one of the most detailed maps for mount and blade.

Wolud you please add Astapor, Meeren and Yunkai (also Naath and Sothoryos) to the map? You can use the Empire total war style map for this. In that game ; when you press the relevant icon; another map was loaded to the screen and you could travel there. There was pointing arrows of locations (like northern america map or india). In the main screen you press the arrow and go there. This is an idea worth trying, what do you say?

Back
Top Bottom