SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Produno, is it possible to do something with green sand and color range at all? The mod has a terrible color range. Poisonous green :sad:

Great mod. But can you make it so that the Always Winter Land quest doesn't involve me having to face the Others in battle?

Also, while I attacked about 11 Riverlands levies (Broken men) I noticed that most of them had no weapons.

sad to see this, but the old recruitment bug is back in 4.2 ... After becoming a Vassal you can't recruit from anywhere in the game except from Towns and Taverns... (oh, there's buying out deserters/bandits too)

There's also another bug which makes all your companions try to leave the party constantly, no matter the morale nor their disposition towards you.

After sometime and changing religion I can recruit again, yet it triggered the bug where you get only 1 prisoner and 1 recruit for each unit type after battle with all the other known glitches that come along (no renown, no morale, etc). Companions still keep trying to leave party for no reason.

Further progress showed that the Red Wedding is completely bugged (at least in this specific save) where the even pops up but there's no battle at the Twins, the switch happens without the wedding, and Robb stays in the Twins forever. Also, Varys spy supposed to be at Sunspear didn't show too

EDIT2: Can someone please point me towards the most stable version of the mod? I have some notes for stuff to change and I want to play it for real. So far the 4.2 has only brought misery with all the glitches  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

YourStepDad said:
Produno can you do something about armor/damage values? I don't like dying in two hits with some of the best plate armor in the game. I really feel this needs to be fixed. This is my only gripe with the mod. I can't stress it enough.
I'd like to second this. Having played the previous versions relatively extensively, it feels like combat has gone from "rather difficult, but rewarding" to "Thief two-shots you and your men in good armor". I find myself just avoiding combat altogether because it feels like you're always going to get knocked out and take more losses than you can afford, regardless of who you fight. I exaggerate, of course. But that's what jumps to my mind.

Otherwise, love the new version.

YourStepDad said:
Why would you want to do that?
I do not really like scripted quests and events. Just want a sandbox in Westeros. I'm also going to remake a mod for myself under Robert's rebellion :grin: I hope it is posible to do with Morghs editor without using a modular system.

Sergio_Morozov said:
So, the Chief Young Crow gave me a chunk of valyrian steel... Should I go to Qohor to forge me a nice weapon, or not?
It's the only use for that valyrian metal chunk, what I do not know is if you can forge val weaps twice. Like, if you forge them before getting that reward you'll use Qohor's stock of val metal, but it's much more expensive. It would make sense if we could use that chunk of metal to forge for a second time (this way obtaining all possible generic valyrian weapons accessible for the player), but if memory serves me right it's not an option. One way or another, yes you should, the metal chunk makes them considerably less expensive.

Still, I'm in awe that I cannot get around early game without getting irritated/rage quitting. I mean, every single significant action you take involves massive amounts of time (even traveling through trade routes), if you forget to save, you'll lose a lot of time, and I often forget to save (ADHD is not a favorable trait for with save scumming requirements). Not to mention that this mod kind of requires us to occupy every save slot for each playthrough because of the massive amount of glitches that can happen. In fact I've just lost 4 consecutive plays due to game breaking bugs. Got the aftermath of battles bug (1 recruit 1 prisoner of each troop type with glitchy morale + no renown bug) in one; Red Wedding bug with Robb Stark; No Spy in Sandspear for Vary's 1st quest; No recruitment bug; Companions insistently trying to leave party for no reason; etc

Last year I've kind of got involved with this mod very strongly, I even had an account made in the mod's official forums and suggested a bunch of stuff, created a formula for armor values that is currently being used in the mod, but at some point I've felt like I didn't really like the general direction of the mod, stepped away with the intention of watching for new patches but ended up not coming back... I've just got the mod again this week and I'm still not quite okay with it. Last time I've literally modified so many things to make the mod more palatable that I am not so sure if I want to go through that hassle all over again. I had re-created most weapon values, modified their uses throughout more realistic dmg distributions, made armors much stronger (in 3.X they really sucked), and I think I may even have changed armor soaking and EXP gains in the module.ini, thing is, I don't think I still have my modified version, I may have deleted it while distracted. Don't get me wrong, this mod's base is much better than ACOK's, and it has features that are quintessential for a GoT game, but the approach towards balancing is really bad. There are cheap means of gaming the game, but that narrows the playing field options way too much and ruins RPing, if one is into that. IF you just want to pwn faces in a GoT thematic land, then I guess anything works. I, however, like to get into different fictional characters that I create as some sort of Fan-Fic alternative for the story, and if I am forced to play a certain way to even hope to survive, that ruins my experience altogether because
1: I cannot create an original Fan-fic character properly
2: There's zero re-playability for the mod because all characters will be basically the same

I do hope that Produno comes around sooner rather than later to fix the balancing and widen the playstyle options, I've given so many suggestions as to how he could improve this single aspect that I myself have no idea of what else to suggest.  :smile: I may just wait, I may remake my balancing overhaul again, but I am currently unable to play this and enjoy it without getting annoyed either by bugs or balancing.  :???:

PS: Had to get it out my chest, sorry. I should get this into AWOIAF's forums but I currently do not remember my password there  :iamamoron:

PS 2.0 (note worthy traits of the mod that should be changed in my opinion):

Racial exclusive quests (Giants for Wildlings/Direwolf for Northeners) - I think this limits it too much. The fact is that it's much more clever to go as a wildling and exempt your kingdom from culture enforcement (opting to keep it free) as to get 2 really strong companions, that alone makes them the best option for Race. So much so that I am strongly inclined to always ask for these to be open for any races, I mean, I'd prefer if I had exclusivity for my toon due to his/her actions rather than biased racial perks. Even the Ironborn having the sea bonus isn't that appealing considering that such things should depend upon player's creativity/playstyle, Theon Grayjoy, for instance, would not have such a bonus, he never really sailed, and being raised in Winterfell would give him Northener traits rather than Ironborn traits, for instance. Opening this up with specific requirements or quests would make the mod THAT MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE, and less biased allowing for deeper RPing experience.

Faction exclusive items should require less relations: It's all cool and logical, until it isn't. I've once suggested to add all items to the merchant list of their respective regions, but tbh, that takes away from the RPing enjoyment when you have to hunt down specific items for specific RPing ideas, and since we play against the clock in AWOIAF due to quests + invasion, I think it's a bad idea to have to hunt down items / farm relations when you have more important things to do as to not get your arse handed to you on a platter later on.

More polearms as core equipment for troops all over: realistically, medieval warfare was almost exclusively fought with polearms, specially in late medieval era due to how strong armors were, here we have Sword-centric play that doesn't make much sense, and if we keep swords realistic, they won't do much against armor, meaning most elite troops will be fighting a war of 1dmg vs 1dmg, I don't think that's cool, but that's me. I've noticed a lack of polearms and that kind of makes me unsettled. Addendum: Swords were side-weapons / self-defense weapons much like modern day pistols.

Ways to access legendary valyrian weapons that have disappeared in the books/show: That one is a must, it makes for good treasure hunting, and allows players to at least have a better time with the main quest. Otherwise you either farm gold (narrowing playstyle) and get it from Qohor (losing on main-quest's rewards), or, rush to capture kingslanding as to be able to send lords to the wall and steal their weapons (also narrowing playstyle).

Less OP boltons: currently they are ridiculously strong, sure they make for a decent toe-to-toe troop to fight starks' troops, but if you are not in possession of such OP units yourself, you'll not be able to capture winterfell, which creates a loophole where you can't capture the place where you could get stark troops to fight boltons, meaning that without them you can't win, and you can't get them if you don't win...  :shock: The only alternative would be to amass ridiculous amounts of troops and auto-calc the siege (not cool, also narrows playstyle).

Valyrian weapons buff: They should be able to crush through blocks, why? Because it's said that valyrian steel can cut through other steel weapons  :twisted:

And lastly: Ways to gain extra attributes/skill points -> this is a core key in both ACOK and Prophecy of Pendor, and considering the wound system in AWOIAF is not optional, I'd say that it'd make for a good mechanic to counter-weight the possibility of losing stats. PoP's permanent farm would be better here, but ACOK's specific ones (quest given + random events) would also improve the experience altogether. I'd go for PoP's, particularly, and give one or two quests to buff combat early game. I'd make it work like this: first time you encounter White Walkers, you get an quest reward after the battle that buffs you (you trade it with someone, get a buff), after that, every encounter with them would have a chance for the item to drop. To further this more, I'd make other ways of obtaining such buff items, through fighting faceless men (chance for drop), fighting mytical creatures (like direwolves, giants), etc. Great for late game, awesome addition in general. PoP's idea for qualis gems is quite unique, but makes M&B THAT much more interesting imo  :grin: The trader could even be the Three Eyed Raven (Bran stark anyone?)

Sergio_Morozov said:
So, the Chief Young Crow gave me a chunk of valyrian steel... Should I go to Qohor to forge me a nice weapon, or not?

Okay, it seems the Weaponsmith in Qohor can smelt the chunk into a two-handed weapon AND he also "sells" (through a dialogue) either one two-handed weapon or two one-handed weapons.

I did not have enough money though =D

Red Wedding - is it winnable as a "Tully or Stark loyalist"?

UPDATE: It is winnable, but then the spash screen message still says Robb Stark and all his host were lost, and everything goes the same way as after losing.

(In both cases King Robb and his host actually linger in the Twins, which, one would assume, is a bug.)

Sergio_Morozov said:

UPDATE: It is winnable, but then the spash screen message still says Robb Stark and all his host were lost, and everything goes the same way as after losing.

(In both cases King Robb and his host actually linger in the Twins, which, one would assume, is a bug.)

Yeah seems I have to do some fixes to this. You 'should' be able to save him though....

@ Breezy Tee

Adding suggestions is not from lack of wanting but from lack of time. The Patreon has really picked up lately though so this may be about to change :wink:

produno said:
Sergio_Morozov said:

Yeah seems I have to do some fixes to this. You 'should' be able to save him though....

@ Breezy Tee

Adding suggestions is not from lack of wanting but from lack of time. The Patreon has really picked up lately though so this may be about to change :wink:

1) Well, when I enter the Lord's Hall, he is alive, but i would imagine a cheat-kill-all would be needed to prevent him from being slashed... (There is a special text log message when he is killed by the way.)

2) Is Move Cattle Herd quest completable if issuing city is on an island (e.g. Lys->Tyrosh) ? Looks like cattle would not follow my ship =[

EDIT: Disregard #2, they do follow, they are just hidden when sailing.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday making sure it all works correctly and indeed it does, at least i tried it over and over several different ways for a good amount of time.

When people say they won, i think they won the battle but Robb is still killed, which is correct.

I have however added extra text to make it explicit as to why that happens and i have moved Robbs position to make it very slightly easier to save him.

I also fixed other bugs like his party not being removed and issues when freelancing in his army.

produno said:
I spent quite a bit of time yesterday making sure it all works correctly and indeed it does, at least i tried it over and over several different ways for a good amount of time.

When people say they won, i think they won the battle but Robb is still killed, which is correct.

I have however added extra text to make it explicit as to why that happens and i have moved Robbs position to make it very slightly easier to save him.

I also fixed other bugs like his party not being removed and issues when freelancing in his army.
Awesome! Ty for your time prod  :grin:
Here we go again, for yet another start!  :lol:

PS: I've reverted back to 4.1 to wait for a new update (4.3), but the feature quests (main quest, varys, you name it) are all glitching out on me insistently. All of these have bugged in 4.2 within 6 different saves, then I've given up, reverted back to 4.1 and again, Robb Stark party does not disappear, it stays buggy in Winterfell. This is annoying me so much, basically no matter what I do, I can't play the mod properly.  :evil:

Back
Top Bottom