SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Attempted to find the answer to this in this thread with no luck so am going to ask, please dont flame if the answer is someplace else.

I started my own faction. Took some cities and castles. Cannot find a single way to award a fief to any vassal, I can only give them away via companions. I recently got a master of whispers so have 4 total advisers as well as a wife.

I have a question.

I managed to conquer all westeros and essos every other faction is defeated but NOT NORTH! My kingdom has every single town and castle. North has no vassal only has its king lord bolton. And he is imprisoned in my town. And yet, faction is active and I cant officialy unite essos and westeros in one banner. Cause there is still a rival faction.....

Whats causing this? I didnt have this problem before with any other faction. I'm not playing static wars btw.

Edit: Also forgot to ask. Companion lords can never recruit troops. Always stays in your castle/town with 1 troop(lord itself) if they have only village. And even if you give town/castle to them. Neither their or their towns troops never increase.

Hi, so spent a while trying to figure out how to create a supply wagon only to realize it was removed (least I think so) Is there any way I would be able to re add it back?

Anyone know where to find the sword Dawn? I've beaten Eadric Dayne and also executed him as well as sending him to the wall and I've still never recieved it.

does anyone know what the hell this mod changes to damage calculation? because enemies are doing 50-100+ damage while I am doing 2-10 damage, not enough to interrupt, even with 5 ps and decent sword and armour.

and unlike ACOK there do no seem to be any changes in module.ini for armour calculation, it looks same as native. which means it feels like the mod is just multiplying damage done to player and reducing damage done by player, simular to "insane mode" but I do not have that option on.

edit; serious 10-30 damage to unarmoured head of opponent. my weapon is 30 with 5 ps, 100+ wpf should be extremely higher than 10 to 30.

The release of A World of Ice and Fire V4.2 is set for the 10th April which will be uploaded to ModDB for 18:00 UK time and up on Steam shortly afterwards.

I shall be streaming the new update over on my Youtube channel from 16:00 UK time for an hour or two so feel free to drop by!

More info can be found here:

Unfortunately the update will NOT be savegame compatible with previous versions.

Guys, It would be interesting to see the mod of the times of the Robert's Rebellion! There would be more balanced fractions. Just imagine: Rhaegar Targaryen, Arthur Dayne , Eddard Stark and other heroes! I think this is a more interesting and balanced sandbox setting.

Was hyped by the update, decided to try this one again, but biased "realism" isn't something that I can cope with, it just makes me extremely angry.
I think this is the mod that caused me to rage quit the most, and this new trial I've just took has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and made me uninstall, again...
I think I won't be trying this one again.  :roll:

Breezy Tee said:
Was hyped by the update, decided to try this one again, but biased "realism" isn't something that I can cope with, it just makes me extremely angry.
I think this is the mod that caused me to rage quit the most, and this new trial I've just took has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and made me uninstall, again...

What exactly is biased? Turn the settings down and the mod becomes extremely easy.

produno said:
Breezy Tee said:

What exactly is biased? Turn the settings down and the mod becomes extremely easy.
I know, I tend to favor Pendor balacing more than Brytenwalda/VC in terms of "fully featuring". I do think your mod is good, I just don't like how it's balanced and the lack of rewards for it's steep difficulty curve.

If we had either more early-game distractions, like easier and interesting quests, that offered potential of getting fully geared for Mid game, that would make it much less painful. Or, low-tier grind locked good rewards. Problem is there aren't even items to fill such roles. Non-valyrian swords are all practically the same (with really minor changes to dmg), and armor soaking is way too low for certain types of armor, whereas the difference between medium armor and heavy armor is mostly gigantic. You either become the over-encumbered bait&flee type of player (carry heavy armor, fight until hit once, then flee and hide behind troops), or you play ranged, anything else will have you simply stay put doing nothing until battles are over (might as well just rely on autocalc for that, specially given how easily troops die). I also think that weapons have a balancing regarding their speed. Two-handers and one-handers should be practically identical in that regard, while the key to making longer swords more balanced being their weight (they must be heavier than one-handers balancing wise). To level up two-handed proficiency, as it is, is extremely annoying and slow, where leveling one handed is pretty fast and overall one handed swords are better (not to mention the advantage of having that awesome club in Essos, which makes most swords pointless except for valyrian).

Another must would be ways to increase stats/attributes, much like we have the Qualis in Pendor we could have something along those lines for AWoIaF, that'd make getting screwed by wounds early-game less problematic and it'd give a pretty interesting side-objective for mid-late game.

As for White Walkers, I think we should be able to have at least one type of troop in every tree for every faction capable of dealing dmg to them, so if you go full "Reach", you'll have the option of specializing a single troop type into Dragon Glass lances, for example. Or if you go full Stormlands, you have some troop that specializes with either glass axes or daggers + shield. Dornish troops that carry fire arrows, etc. As it is, the game is pretty biased on forcing us to have **** troops from both Thenn and the Night's Watch (I mean, it'd solve partially if we got to get NW rangers with better bows, because aside from the White Walkers, they are almost useless against anything else).

Another BIG ISSUE is that there are too many items left out of merchandise flag, and too many abundant trash items. I can't even find a decent bow for certain play-styles without being forced to grind very specific factions. Same goes for many of the items available in the mod. That could be easily circumvented if we had the Item Find menu, but since it's gone there's absolutely no way around it, you gotta grind really difficult foes for very little reward. :ohdear:

All in all, I think this mod needs heavy tweaking to become fun, but that's my taste... I think this mod caters to a very narrow niche of players, and it's probably not meant for most, certainly not my cup of tea  :mrgreen:

And I'm sorry for posting such a blunt reply, looking at it now it gives me the impression that I'm an a-hole (and if I am getting a-hole vibes from it, there's clearly something wrong with it). Though it happened because I was writing down a big review (including things I've mentioned in this reply), but deleted most of it due to being late for an appointment, now that I'm free and I've seen that you've replied I've decided to delve further. Anyway, I wish the mod at some point caters to me, but if it doesn't, you've still done a pretty good job with it regardless, we cannot say that something is bad or good based on taste, but on logic. I'd say that even though I disliked the mod so far, it's pretty good (and that's why I keep coming back and trying over and over again)

Well thanks for the honesty and the reply. It can be frustrating for me sometimes to get good feedback from those that rage quit because normally they well over exaggerate due to their own frustration.

It's true the mod is meant to be difficult though there are still some issues that need sorting. IMO it's only fair for a mod to be difficult if the player feels like he is not being punished unfairly. If this is an issue then it's something I want to try and fix.
The weapons are on the list to get re-balanced, in all honesty they have not really been touched since the first time I started adding them. Most of them have been copy pasted from native and such with very slight changes. Someone did offer to rebalance them but recently realised he did not have the time to commit for such a large task, which is completely understandable.

Damage soak can be messed with in the module.ini. Feel free to play with these and report back your opinions. The armours have been balanced by me, but stuff like armour soak may need adjusting. This has not been done yet due to the weapons needing to be balanced.

Various armours that are not tagged with merchandise can be bought from faction blacksmiths. More do need to be added however with some of the new items recently added to the game.

There are plans for a quest to obtain obsidian wielding troops which I hope to implement for 5.0. This was a patreon pledge which has been paid for so it will definitely happen, I just need to finalise how.

The issues above are my main concerns at the moment and I think once these are complete the mod will feel much much better. The last update focused on polish, bug fixes and general improvements. The next update focuses on content, balance, quests, all of which are now possible thanks to the awesome people that have been donating towards the modification.

Produno can you do something about armor/damage values? I don't like dying in two hits with some of the best plate armor in the game. I really feel this needs to be fixed. This is my only gripe with the mod. I can't stress it enough.

Just out of interest ........ lore has that Valyrian steel / an obsidian blade is magically fatal to Walkers etc - so would you not consider " one hit one kill " for this in AWoIaF ?

And the Dead should still be carved up by normal weapons, let alone be destroyed by fire ( arrows), should they not ?

I have not played AWoIaF for the last couple of updates, but it seemed that The Dead could be invincible, but not by numbers alone ......... for example, if I recall correctly, I was shooting up a Walker with obsidian arrows and just doing "normal" damage ...........

Lore might be a bit hazy ( if so pertinent ), but if you take out a Walker, his own minions ( in AWoIaF these could be represented by, say, a third of a given army ) flame out with him, do they not ?  In just about every one of my M&B battles I target and knock out the opposing general early on ( satisfying, at least, but strangely unrewarding re triggering his army to rout ......... and not even worth an automatic " capture " ! ), so with cool - headed tactics an army of swarming Dead and their bosses could, surely, be disintegrated ! 

Is this how it plays, or could / should play, in AWoIaF 4.2 's late game ?

I guess we shall see tonight, but my feeling is that big normal armies should have a fair chance against a Dead Horde, like in a conventional battle, with some Valyrian /obsidian weapons to take out the Walker leader(s), and sans dragons, of course.

So, just out of sheer curiosity I've made another test, this time instead of going for the default experience, I've simply imported a really strong character I have from Pendor (lvl 45 with significant bonuses from Elixir upgrades, meaning extra stats). That alone made the experience way more interesting (specially given I have no equipment nor access to top tier equipment by the early stage). The only donw-side from such a thing is that parties, bandit parties, get unrealistically gigantic... I've just run across a pt of 99 Nights Watch Trainees, given the NW is actually struggling with numbers, having 99 deserters from them seems so unrealistic that it gave me cringes hahahaha

Maybe reducing the max number of bandits in parties is a thing that needs to get implemented to AWoIaF considering there aren't THAT MANY bandits in GoT. It'd be best even if it's changed to get more bandit parties, but smaller ones. I think that all M&B experience would be much more enjoyable (not particularly tied to your mod in that regard) if it was more focused on skirmishes, and big battles could only occur (meaning lords carrying hundreds of troops with them) when there was a campaign... Regardless, that's not something anyone can address I believe =)

Even thought I got a companion with 6+1 in looting I still sometimes get nothing (or at the most 1 item), I don't even get the "Share loot with your party or take it all for yourself" screen. Is this as it should be or have I messed up my installation somehow?

The groups I've been attacking varies from Exiled Knights, Slaver, Thieves, Bandits, Pirates and it's all the same. I'm playing on version 4.2.

Back
Top Bottom