SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ithilien5 said:
Note that i have not left you mate, simply because i said i'm busy atm, i'll check it out later doesn't mean in a month or so! I sit on alot of ideas and dialogues opputunites. I just couldn't bother to do more research for the day. (Forgive me for my english)

Best regards,

Ok no worries. As always any help is appreciated :smile:.

produno said:
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to post. I appreciate your support!

I will try to answer some of your questions:

At the moment i am one person working alone, One of the 'other' mods has already had a full team of modders working on it for well over a year and have lots of content. Then ACOK's has also been in production much longer and its of no doubt Cozur is a very talented modder.  Though, all three mods are very different. I have played Cozurs and it has a very different feel compared to using the Brytenwalda mod as a basis, So i can guarantee they will be all different but which is better i think is upto the player to decide.

A logicaly correct mod is something im trying to aim for, as with Brytenwalda everything will have a purpose and will tie in with each other. I want people to feel part of the world and interact with it as such. Though this does mean alot of text has to be changed and will take time on my own. I have a busy lifestyle so this will be a slow process, one of the reasons i wanted to release the mod in sections and update it monthly.

I have no modelers or texturers working specifically on this mod. The items or textures i have at the moment is OSP.  Both my researchers have left me due to not having enough free time to help so i am left on my own again.

The alliance system will be tweaked, This has been done in TLD and i may have a word with MadVader to see if i can get some insight on this. Though this wont be done untill around V0.5.

The lannisters do in fact own Kings Landing ATM in my mod (unless ive made a mistake) and the 'little blonde monster' is also part of House Lannister.  I will double check this though.

If you have any recommendations please feel free to post them :smile:

Thanks for taking the time to reply! On the King's Landing's issue I was actually wrong, my apologises :smile:

I've played Cozur's mod some time ago, sorry to say I didn't like it... My impression was that a lot of OSP objects and scenes had been dropped into the mod, slowing down the PC and adding very little to the gameplay. I hope Cozur won't mind for the criticism.

As I said, the good point here is that you start from Brytenwalda, that's a very good beginning! I also assume you will bring back some Vanilla textures, for a more modern look.... I would suggest you to do an appraisal of both Vanilla's and OSP's 'resources' that you have and decide what:

- Has high priority and can be done with vanilla's stuff (eg. bringing back a medieval look).
- Has high priority and must integrate OSP package (eg. plate armors)
- Has high priotity and must be created from scratch (here I have no idea)
- Vanilla/OSP/New Cool features that will enhance gameplay (do we really need now a new type of high res woods as battlefield?)

My personal guess is that if you follow it, halfway of the second point you will already have a good mod and you will be able to gather more help from the community. BTW, do you manage to write in the first post what are you going to work on the next 1-2 months People will maybe be more willing to help if they see short term goals.

For the mod itself it seems to me that you already have a pretty clear idea on what do you want to do of your mod. Are you familiar with Prophesy of Pendor mod? (God, I'm citing a lot of MadVader's work). There a plenty of interesting ideas that will fit very well Westeros. Among them, I especially like the Rock/Paper/Scissor style of the factions. They are very recognizable and as in Native they guarantee each time a different style of playing. In many realistic mods, Brytenwalda included, most of the time you just wander around with a bunch of peasant who've never seen a spear in their life, and the top tiers are pretty much identical every faction you are using. Instead, I'd like to adapt my style of playing when I decide to join the Starks instead of the Tyrrell.

Think about it :wink:

As you can see we have a very good communication in the team  :lol: Produno has mentioned some times that the mod will stick with the native textures and add some enchanced textures so the mod won't slow down the pc as much. I spoke to bilwit (A incredible man that have recreated the armors from HBO) and he allowed us to put it into the mod so it will be very exciting! :smile:

dsfrozen said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply! On the King's Landing's issue I was actually wrong, my apologises :smile:

I've played Cozur's mod some time ago, sorry to say I didn't like it... My impression was that a lot of OSP objects and scenes had been dropped into the mod, slowing down the PC and adding very little to the gameplay. I hope Cozur won't mind for the criticism.

As I said, the good point here is that you start from Brytenwalda, that's a very good beginning! I also assume you will bring back some Vanilla textures, for a more modern look.... I would suggest you to do an appraisal of both Vanilla's and OSP's 'resources' that you have and decide what:

- Has high priority and can be done with vanilla's stuff (eg. bringing back a medieval look).
- Has high priority and must integrate OSP package (eg. plate armors)
- Has high priotity and must be created from scratch (here I have no idea)
- Vanilla/OSP/New Cool features that will enhance gameplay (do we really need now a new type of high res woods as battlefield?)

My personal guess is that if you follow it, halfway of the second point you will already have a good mod and you will be able to gather more help from the community. BTW, do you manage to write in the first post what are you going to work on the next 1-2 months People will maybe be more willing to help if they see short term goals.

For the mod itself it seems to me that you already have a pretty clear idea on what do you want to do of your mod. Are you familiar with Prophesy of Pendor mod? (God, I'm citing a lot of MadVader's work). There a plenty of interesting ideas that will fit very well Westeros. Among them, I especially like the Rock/Paper/Scissor style of the factions. They are very recognizable and as in Native they guarantee each time a different style of playing. In many realistic mods, Brytenwalda included, most of the time you just wander around with a bunch of peasant who've never seen a spear in their life, and the top tiers are pretty much identical every faction you are using. Instead, I'd like to adapt my style of playing when I decide to join the Starks instead of the Tyrrell.

Think about it :wink:

No problem :smile:

As Ithilian5 mentioned im trying to carefully select the correct textures to not just make the mod more dark and gritty but to also keep resources low.  Ive also made steps on the world map to try and make sure it doesnt slow down lower end pc's. The vertex count is nearly half of what Cozurs is ATM... Though i dont think my map is quite as 'beautifull' heh.  Though possibly more fitting for A Game of Thrones.

I havnt really got onto OSP items yet, i will incorporate Bilwits armours for the next update but after that my main concern is to get all text and dialogue sorted, I feel thats more important to feel more within the universe than the extra OSP stuff.

Each Faction will play different and i have some ideas for each, though i would also like feedback from people that know the factions well and can assume what they excell in. ie, Cavalry, Archers ect and if/what tactics they would normally use if youve read the books. Using this information will allow me to create very different troop trees for each faction.
One idea if we use the Dothraki as a faction is to try and make it hard for them to take cities, They have in fact attacked cities (like when they attacked Braavos) but i dont think have taken any? To do this thier troop tree will be fairly primitive. This gives the option for the player to play as the Dothraki if they either want a challenge or they just want to pillage and harass. They will be mainly skirmishers and light cavalry... not the kind of troops you would like to use for a full frontal of a castle.

I will also at some point add an option to recruit an elite of a faction troop from a certain town if you own that certain town. ie, if you own White Harbour you will get the option to recruit/train White Harbour knights.  I have seen a similar script for this in the OSP section which i hope can be modified slightly.  Though this wont be added untill after V1.0.

I hope this clears up some answers.

produno said:
So it seems Dothraki as a faction is pretty much split with the vote just going towards having them in. So ill leave them in for now and see how feedback comes back after people have played the game.

New poll.

What about doing something like the 'Jatu Army' in Prophecy of Pendor Mod?

2-3 independent big war parties led by a lord and several smaller warbands (No fiefs, maybe a hideout?). All of them behaving more or less like bandits but with the possibility of bringing siege and loot towns and castle. After the attack they don't own the town (which remains to the original faction).

The player start with negative relationship with them (DOthraki are suspicious), but helping them in battle allow you to befriend them. For the recruitment I suggest to hire them as lower cost mercenaries in taverns (available only if you have positive relationship with the 'faction').

If you manage to obtain the PoP's script it will be great. I think this way represents quite well the Dothraki behaviour and gives an alternative way of playing the mod.

EDIT: Similar concept for the brotherhood

dsfrozen said:

2-3 independent big war parties led by a lord and several smaller warbands (No fiefs, maybe a hideout?). All of them behaving more or less like bandits but with the possibility of bringing siege and loot towns and castle. After the attack they don't own the town (which remains to the original faction).

The player start with negative relationship with them (DOthraki are suspicious), but helping them in battle allow you to befriend them. For the recruitment I suggest to hire them as lower cost mercenaries in taverns (available only if you have positive relationship with the 'faction').

If you manage to obtain the PoP's script it will be great. I think this way represents quite well the Dothraki behaviour and gives an alternative way of playing the mod.

I do like this idea especially for the brotherhood. But i think people would prefer to be able to play as the Dothraki (which was the point of the poll).  Im not sure if they could in this situation?

As for the Brotherhood, I already have warbands implemented in the mod with npc's leading them... for instance certain hill clans ect. I wonder if i could do this with a few extra spawns and add them to a faction. I could then spawn them on the map as usual bandits and not give them any fiefs. I could even give them a hideout. Though im not sure how i would stop them from taking fiefs when they seige and take a town or whatever. Something i would need to look at.

Infact if they were implemented this way they wouldnt attack towns...so i would need to see if thats possible.

If thier was a way to stop them keeping fiefs when they seige and win i could keep them as a faction.

Did that make any sense? lol

produno said:
dsfrozen said:

I do like this idea especially for the brotherhood. But i think people would prefer to be able to play as the Dothraki (which was the point of the poll).  Im not sure if they could in this situation?

As for the Brotherhood, I already have warbands implemented in the mod with npc's leading them... for instance certain hill clans ect. I wonder if i could do this with a few extra spawns and add them to a faction. I could then spawn them on the map as usual bandits and not give them any fiefs. I could even give them a hideout. Though im not sure how i would stop them from taking fiefs when they seige and take a town or whatever. Something i would need to look at.

Glad that you liked it!

My main point comes from what I got from the series (maybe someone who've read the books has different info), the Dothraki are nomads (so they cannot conquest anything, but just loot) and they are organised in warbands (no king, no vassals, etc.).

I am among those who would like to play as a Dothraki actually. Implementing them as in PoP, you will be able to:

- have a full Dothraki army
- have them rushing on your side in battles

What you cannot do is getting quest from the leader/lords or helping them forming a Dothraki empire (but if I understand well every warband is kind of independent).

With regards to the behaviour after sieges, I'd suggest again to ask to the PoP team for a piece of help. I don't know they did, but they did it :wink:

Help Wanted

To get as much done as possible for V0.2 i need help with the following.

1. Someone familiar with the module system and a Game of Thrones religious systems to go through and change the Brytenwalda religious sytem as needed. - Its just text changing and cross referenceing mainly so pretty easy, just time consuming, Especially if your not clued up on the religions like me.

2. Someone familiar with Brytenwalda items (ie stats of weapons ect) to balance the factions. I nearly have all the troop trees complete so this is the next step.

3. I need some NPC's inputting with backstories and dialogue changes. Again its just changing text so easy to do but time consuming.

4. I need Ladies to lords and knights ive used including relationships and ages. This can just be researched and ill input the data if need be. Again i have to search for every bit of information so thats less time i can be modifying the game. Thats alot of time lost!

5. Village names! Why cant i find names for villages?? :sad:. I may allow everyone who participates in helping with the mod to choose a village and name it as they please (within the keeping of the theme) and also name the village elder after them. good idea?

I think thats all for now. Once version 0.2 is ready i may need some testers also.

If i can get help then the game will be out much much quicker! If i have to do everything myself then expect many months before anything is ready.

For V0.2 (V0.1 is available in the Brytenwalda section) i already have:

Most of the troop trees complete.
Lots of dialogue and text changed.
Character choosing factions and religions changed.
More map changes to make it better.
Other hidden extras.
Changed the Brotherhood from a faction to manhunters.

To answer the Poll, I put "Other". The time period I'd especially like to see, (particularly because it doesn't get a huge amount of coverage in most fan modifications) is the Blackfyre rebellion.

ThegnAnsgar said:
To answer the Poll, I put "Other". The time period I'd especially like to see, (particularly because it doesn't get a huge amount of coverage in most fan modifications) is the Blackfyre rebellion.
Maybe because they think there would be only 2 factions:Targaryen and Blackfyre. But i think a full list of factions would be:
Loyalists:
House Targaryen
House Lannister
House Martell
House Arryn
House Blackwood
Rebels:
Blackfyre Pretenders
House Reyne
House Yronwood
House Bracken
House Lothston
Neutrals:
House Bolton(Starts against Stark)
House Stark(Starts against Bolton)
House Tyrell(Neutral)
House Tully(Neutral)
House Greyjoy(In war with everyone)

ThegnAnsgar said:

Although i like the idea of this i have not read the books so i have no idea of the time period making it impossible for me to do.

I originally planned to have the mod just after renlys death (thats what ive been modding factions/troop trees to - most of which are already finished). But depending how the poll goes i may change it slightly.

produno said:
ThegnAnsgar said:

Although i like the idea of this i have not read the books so i have no idea of the time period making it impossible for me to do.

I originally planned to have the mod just after renlys death (thats what ive been modding factions/troop trees to - most of which are already finished). But depending how the poll goes i may change it slightly.
The books don't give much either. Basically, two of Aegon IV's bastards, Daemon Blackfyre and Aegor Bittersteel rebelled against Daeron II. A third one, Brynden Bloodraven(A DANCE WITH DRAGONS SPOILER:smile:
Bran's Three Eyed Crow,which in book 5 reveals to have lived over 100 years linking himself into weirwood tree and warging into animals
remained loyal to the king. This made many of the houses divide their loyalties between Blackfyre and Targaryen.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Blackfyre_Rebellion

Well, if you need any help to research, contact me.
There could be a few khalasars (i do not know how you intend to do) that plunder castles, villages and cities as mentioned before.
I guess it's easier to do a mod about more recent events because there's much more information about it.
Also, since you're kinda alone, why don't you focus in Westeros and after it's done, you can work in Essos? This will probably decrease time needed to do everything you want and the mod will be released faster and better.

BrunoHCE said:
Well, if you need any help to research, contact me.
There could be a few khalasars (i do not know how you intend to do) that plunder castles, villages and cities as mentioned before.
I guess it's easier to do a mod about more recent events because there's much more information about it.
Also, since you're kinda alone, why don't you focus in Westeros and after it's done, you can work in Essos? This will probably decrease time needed to do everything you want and the mod will be released faster and better.

Any help with research is appreciated as long as its accurate, so i will be sure to send you a PM.

Im keeping the Dothraki as a faction but im hoping i can alter the code so they are unable to take castles ect but just pillage them. That will be something for the future though.

All factions in Essos are using a generic troop tree atm consisting of mercernaries and that will be concentrated on after Westeros is finished so its not really much of a burden ATM. It would take more time to remove it and all the factions ect than is worth bothering about.

Ive bought the books and started reading them now season three is over with and ive also bought some material on ASOIAF landscapes that will help me out when it comes to re-doing the map.

I want to buy Tales of Dunk and Egg but it's not available in my country or it's too much expensive.
OK, if you need any help, pm me.

Some WIP pictures of the Crossroads Inn.

d7ec.jpg

7siz.jpg

You could try to change the Inn's Roof texture to something older, like the Stable Roof...

Else, everything is as I imagined it from the books...

As for the interior, I don't think it's of much importance... my opinion, use the Zendar Tavern...

EDIT: I also read the Brotherhood-Manhunters thing. I think The Night's Watch should reprise the role of Manhunters(that hunts bandit parties of Wildlings and Night's Watch Deserters), and the Brotherhood, that of a faction.
For me:
Factions:
House Stark
House Tully
House Lannister
House Arryn
House Baratheon of Storm's End
House Baratheon of Dragonstone
House Baratheon of King's Landing
House Greyjoy
House Martell
House Tyrell
Brotherhood Without Banners
Manhuters:
Vale Patrols(Mountain Clans)
Night's Watch(Wildlings&Deserters)
Bandits:
Night's Watch Deserters(North)
Wildlings(North)
Wolfswood Poachers(North)
Others(North)
Ironborn Raiders(They're in House Greyjoy faction, they behave like bandits to those factions whose House Greyjoy is in war)
Westerland Foragers(They're in House Lannister faction, they behave like bandits to those factions whose House Lannister is in war)
Mountain Clansmen(Vale)
Sistermen Cutthroats(Vale)
Broken Men(Spawn near every battlefield)
Renegade Knights(Vale, Westerlands, Reach)
Pirates(Stormlands/Dragonstone)
Desert Bandits(Dorne)
Kingswood Poachers(Crownlands)
Bandits,Brigands,Highwaymen(Everywhere)

Back
Top Bottom