SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bloodraven said:
Now that I was able to start my own kingdom (thanks to Evvv), I wanted to try to persuade some lords to join me. Doesn't the feature from Diplomacy exist in ACoK where you can send one of your companions with a high persuasion skill to a lord? Because I can't for the life of me find the option in the dialogues with my staff members (IIRC it used to be the chancellor where you could do that).

Lately I was not able to find this option as well. Looks like it was disabled in recent versions, or there is a bug preventing it from appearing.
EDIT: But as far as I recall, when it was present it did not attract a lord for me ever. Just wait for them to defect or talk to them personally.

Sessosaidso said:
...2) Knight. If i am the son of a knight, am I a knight? Or is the only way to be a knight to join the army of a lord or become a lord? I havent seen a "knighting" mechanic and i wasnt sure if there is an actual mechanic for it or if it's just head canon thing...

Well, there is no "knight", there is only "noble" for the player, you are a "noble" if you are "son of a knight", otherwise you are a commoner and you become "noble" when you become a vassal to someone or when you become a ruler yourself.

There is also a quest to join an order of "knights", but there are no real consequences to it.
There is also a quest where you can claim being a "knight", but there are no real consequences to it.
There is also a possibility (through "freelancer" mechanics, I think) to become a "knight" troop in a lord's army, but again, there are no real consequences to it.

Sergio_Morozov said:
Bloodraven said:
Now that I was able to start my own kingdom (thanks to Evvv), I wanted to try to persuade some lords to join me. Doesn't the feature from Diplomacy exist in ACoK where you can send one of your companions with a high persuasion skill to a lord? Because I can't for the life of me find the option in the dialogues with my staff members (IIRC it used to be the chancellor where you could do that).

Lately I was not able to find this option as well. Looks like it was disabled in recent versions, or there is a bug preventing it from appearing.
EDIT: But as far as I recall, when it was present it did not attract a lord for me ever. Just wait for them to defect or talk to them personally.

Oh, alright. Then I'm gonna invest a few points in Persuasion and try it myself. Thanks!

Sergio_Morozov said:
Bloodraven said:

Yea, had the same thing, never worked for me either.

Quick question: Is there a use to the dragon egg on Dragonstone? It's worth is 100000 but I could only sell it for 24000 and you know, it's kind of sad to sell a dragon egg.

Schwarzwolf said:
Quick question: Is there a use to the dragon egg on Dragonstone? It's worth is 100000 but I could only sell it for 24000 and you know, it's kind of sad to sell a dragon egg.

I think its use is just that -  a quick way to make cash/to get some decent gear early on.

Does anyone here know how to recruit those nice Raventree Archers other than getting them as prisoners? Like, is there a way to actually generate them? I recently conquered Raventree Hall and figured you could train them there through the option "Recruit some troops" in the "Manage the Castle"-section but so far only regular Sellsword units were generated. Would be nice to have a steady supply of them.

There things I found unacceptable or out of logic about this mod;

Btw dont get me wrong, I loved the mod and played for hours. Still playing. I just want to point out to things I think they are huge mistakes.

- Being lord of Kings Landing has no impact! What? How could it be man. How do you do this mistake, its Kings Landing. Its center of the story. Its iron throne? I mean.. how?

- If you are a King, imprisoning a lord is suicide. Probably their trade pact cause this but when you imprison a faction's lord other factions relations also reduce and that causes multiple factions declare war to you. You would say whats wrong with this? They are allies. Okay.. but everything is fine while I lay waste their villages, conquer their lands, steal their lords. But imprison one? Woo you cant. It needs to be fixed

- Honor is overpowered. I shouldn't have 100 relation with lords I've never met. (Around 50 is okay I think.)

- I dont think lords' loyalties to their liege is working correctly. After months of suffering they still think "long may he/she reign.." (they may still defect by themselves while they say this) And also guys this is Game of Thrones :razz: World of schemes and plots. We should be able to try convince him to our side nevertheles.

- Being Lord of Kings Landing has no impact

- Not really tested but no unit seemed value to me. They all looks same.

- I dont know the books but after red wedding Roose Bolton should be lord of winterfell and ruler of the north :smile: not vassal of westerlands. (Right now when you do the quest, Ramsay becomes lord of Winterfell and Moat Cailin, ROOSE BOLTON STAYS IN NORTH KINGDOM :grin: ) And also please somehow fix ramsay having stark banner :sad: it makes me sad.

- You cant sell your oilworks. Npc in the enterprise works like mercenary in tavern :smile:

- Kings Landing :=)

- Jamie lannister is full of bugs. (In my game he stuck with 1 soldier and never leaves castle I gave him)

- Changing your kingdoms culture has almost no effect. (Only after conquer a castle or town garrison will have your choice troops but they remove them and generate mercenaries after.)

- Sellsword faction is too expensive then it should be.

- Having Sellsword companies as vassal is a very good idea I liked it. But their relations should fix to 100. Because they are sellswords. I bought them, I own them. I only need to pay them to stay loyal to me, nothing else.

- Making an Unsullied army is slower then conquering whole world. Cmon.. :grin:

- Kings...

I'm gonna repeat myself this is not a rage comment. I love the mod and gonna play after I post this :grin: (I still have a kingdom to rule, kingdoms to conquer). But I wanted to let you know of your mods flaws in just in case you dont aware of it.

Have a good day folks.

Desdanova said:
- Honor is overpowered. I shouldn't have 100 relation with lords I've never met. (Around 50 is okay I think.)

- I dont think lords' loyalties to their liege is working correctly. After months of suffering they still think "long may he/she reign.." (they may still defect by themselves while they say this) And also guys this is Game of Thrones :razz: World of schemes and plots. We should be able to try convince him to our side nevertheles.
- Jamie lannister is full of bugs. (In my game he stuck with 1 soldier and never leaves castle I gave him)

Honor - You only get that with "Good" lords. And it is from Native Warband. Although maybe it is indeed OP. But it is not ACoK.

Loyalty - The loyalty has somewhat complex calculations behind it, including, among other things, relation to liege and average relation to other lords in the faction. For "good" lords relation to the liege is high and generally would not decline, and average relation to other lords in the faction would be high too if the only lords who stayed are "good". So yes, it is hard to get "good" lords to defect. Again, this is Native design. Unfortunately this is amplified by the bug where defeated (off-map) lords from a defeated (no parties on the map) faction would never "switch" to player's faction (but they do "switch" to other factions). Defecting lords from a dying faction (no fiefs) still do defect to player's faction, but they only defect when there are no other lords from that faction near them.

Jamie has wrong culture assigned, so he auto-disbands units he recruits, one can "fix" this with savegame editor, somewhere in my posts here should be an explanation.
EDIT: Here you go:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.msg9121690.html#msg9121690

Hello everyone, I'm into a long campaign in ACOK (currently past 500th day) and I really must congratulate Cozur for his majestic work  :wink:

However there's one thing that I'd like to know: how can I switch to Targaryen culture?

I know how to change my kingdom's culture but the Targaryen one doesn't show up as a option, and I cannot recruit some of their levies either by the castellan recruits or by myself since the fake Targaryen invasion didn't trigger (don't know if it's on purpose by Cozur) a culture shift of the first fiefs conquered by him (specifically he started with Greenstone and Estermont).

I want to switch to Targaryen culture because of roleplay and I love their archers and zweihanders. Again, I know I can workaround it by assaulting armies with Targaryen prisoners but that's not the point. So I'd like to know the specific path to unlock the Targaryen option in the chancellor's dialogue, or maybe if I can force-change my culture by editing the save file. Thanks  :fruity:

moty-editors-choice.jpg

Best Continued Support
A mod which has continued to receive major updates and support, years after its original release
A Clash Of Kings (Game Of Thrones)

https://www.moddb.com/groups/2019-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/editors-choice-mod-of-the-year-2019

:party:

ciauz^^,
Jab

So i met this woman in Braavos ( The Black Pearl) and she claims that she is the most powerful woman and a kiss from her would make me more powerful etc. She was speaking about a conquering a city and she would give me a kiss if i do it.. But i didnt get a single quest and when i walk to her she only tells me that she have no time. (yes i was waiting for a long time)

So i am interested where is this going or what should i do or if my game is just bugged?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.

She gave you her favor (it either improved your relation with Bravos or increased your renown slightly, I do not recall which).
You promised her a favor in return.
But, currently, she will never ask you to do anything.
This looks like a hook up for a future quest.
(Or maybe a leftover from a removed one?)

Just started playing this mod a few days ago, and I'm finding trading to be close to impossible. 7 points in Trade, but most items around the main areas of the island sell at best for about 5-10 less than they cost to buy, with a few items (lumber, in particular) selling for barely a quarter of the cheapest I've found it for sale. I only found something like 5-6 positive deals over a 3 month span, barely enough to keep my character from starving, and now the cost of those items is significantly higher to purchase and lower to sell, so it's not repeatable. Is this intentional?

My character has close to zero fighting skills, and can't hold his own against a single low-level bandit, because I do 0-4 points of damage per hit, and take 20-35 points from a single hit in return, plus the opponent has a faster swing. I lost the opening fight after character creation about 20 times in a row before accepting the fact that I can't win it. I'm assuming that the mod developer never intended for the player to start out as a merchant and gradually work his way into becoming a combat character in order to protect his trade investments, because this isn't at all entertaining. A restart with a combat-oriented character went better, but that negates the whole "plot" behind this campaign, since I still can't trade for a profit.

Otherwise the mod looks pretty amazing.

You could be a merchant very easily in ACOK even from the start. I've done it. The trick is to hire professional mercenaries when you first start in the tavern. They will ruin any looters you meet around the starting area. Of course, needless to say, bolster their ranks with regular levies too as meat shields and avoid fighting armored troops before you get a proper band.

The thing is, you can't rely on the auto assessment feature in this mod. As you've found yourself it's pretty garbage. You're supposed to know what city sells what and trade accordingly. For example, salt in Saltpans. The prices of such special commodities are pretty much consistent. It would take time to learn, but hey, that's what merchants do right?

Edit: You can get free items from the various special zones (caves and such) and sell them to start up your small warband and business.

There's no point in hiring mercenaries when I can barely afford to feed my own character from his trivial trade earnings. As a lone traveler, I can outrun the bandits, so the only reason I would have to fight them (which I'm in no position to do without hiring those mercenaries) would be for loot, and I'm NOT trying to turn this character into a soldier until AFTER he's got a commercial empire to defend.

So far, I've covered almost the entire lower 2/3 of the map, and the only items I was able to buy and sell at a profit are now higher in cost where I found them and sell for less where I was able to get a decent price for them, because I've satisfied the market for the next couple of months after just 1-2 trips. Unless there are lucrative trade routes to and from the far north, I don't see a Merchant as a viable starting character in this mod.....unless you hire mercenaries, loot bandits for a profit, and totally ignore trading. In that case, why are you calling yourself a Merchant?

The town and village scenes in this mod are phenomenal. There are occasions in which I feel like playing an open-world game instead of a sandbox battle-instance game. A lot a work a attention to details were invested here. Now I can no longer go back to other mods because of how small their cities layouts are.

A couple of points for improvement:
1. About the new one-handed weapon standing animation, when standing still for a minute with the sword drawn, it changes character into a stance which the player points his weapon at 60 degree to the ground and therefore clips through the ground, especially apparent for bastard swords.
2. The new two-handed weapon running animation looks wanky as the character grinds his blade against his neck and shoulder as he runs.
3. About the new bow standing animation, after the bow is drawn and standing still for 1 minute, the character pull the bow much closer to his chest that it clips halfway through his body.
4. Tournaments should limit the number of companions as participants. As of 7.1, having more companions makes tournaments feel like cheating because no other high-leveled lords can participate.
5. The "asthetics" of native female heads makes marriage a tough idea to swallow.

Last edited:
4. Tournaments should limit the number of companions as participants. As of 7.1, having more companions makes tournaments feel like cheating because no other high-leveled lords can participate.

After all my companions have >7 Power Draw and a Masterwork Decorated Longbow... It becomes rather difficult to beat them... So, I would back the companion restriction idea, but not because they make it easy, but because they make it difficult...

Or maybe ranged weapons could be disabled in tournaments?
5. The "asthetics" of native female heads makes marriage a tough idea to swallow.

A man marries a woman not because she looks good, but because he sees how good she looks! Just let your character emrace the true love =D

(Also female faces used in some previous versions made all the women look the same... Anyway, it is possible to change faces to those of your liking. With some tinkering.)

Back
Top Bottom